Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2015, 05:57 AM

59,069 posts, read 27,318,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-apple-less View Post
A lot of people on City-Data, and in America in general, are completely against welfare of all kinds, including for people with disabilities and dependent children whose parents are too poor.

What do you suggest be done with them? Throw them all in privatized jails? Let them beg on the street (but then again, you want to criminalize begging?) Force them to live on "reservations"?

I just don't see a conservative solution to poverty. You could just tell them to "go get a job", but in 2015 those jobs don't even exist! And people cannot survive on pennies an hour. It sounds to me like people who want to abolish welfare are basically asking for mass death and starvation, just like the Irish potato famine. I think there is a Malthusian agenda here.
"A lot of people on City-Data, and in America in general, are completely against welfare of all kinds,"

I think the number is so small that it isn't even worth mentioning.

Old 07-19-2015, 05:59 AM

1,006 posts, read 1,513,354 times
They'd all be forced to get jobs which would be good for them and make them useful to the planet again.😄

Old 07-19-2015, 06:04 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times
Exclamation Welfare is forhelp, notgarranteed Additional Income!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-apple-less View Post
A lot of people on City-Data, and in America in general, are completely against welfare of all kinds, including for people with disabilities and dependent children whose parents are too poor.

What do you suggest be done with them? Throw them all in privatized jails? Let them beg on the street (but then again, you want to criminalize begging?) Force them to live on "reservations"?

I just don't see a conservative solution to poverty. You could just tell them to "go get a job", but in 2015 those jobs don't even exist! And people cannot survive on pennies an hour. It sounds to me like people who want to abolish welfare are basically asking for mass death and starvation, just like the Irish potato famine. I think there is a Malthusian agenda here.
Well your post is off and is misleading.

Our Welfare system is for those who need it the most. It was never designed to be a supplement to ones income period. Conservatives are not against public Assistance to the most needy.

The second problem is some never get off of Welfare even though they have accepted new jobs.

The Third Issue is we supply Welfare to Illegal Immigrants and Immigrants in a standby process. The Federal Gov. does not enforce and has issue (Obama) , Executive Orders to allow people in or stay in this country.

Fourth, issue is the older generation is taking care of our young adults, thusly we are not taking care for our Retired people to the level where they need to be.

Reason 5: Obama has turn us into a 32 hour country. Obama and Clinton continually out source and over regulate our industry. A strong robust industrial Country solves the problems. That is why Trump is looking very good to many as a problem solver.

T

Old 07-19-2015, 06:06 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,808 times
Get a job so they don't starve. Go to a mosque soup kitchen? Beg on the side of busy intersections?

Or rob people since a lot of people see welfare as paying off others not to do such things.

Old 07-19-2015, 06:07 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,279,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Deporting illegals was suggested by some conservatives along with closing the border and reducing legal immigration levels.

Not sure if the left is going to get onboard with that or not.

There was talk by Hillary and Obama in 2008 of revisiting our failed trade policies such as NAFTA and the 2000 China Trade Act.

I don`t see much happening there either.

Of course, this is a much more complicated issue than what you are presenting.

The first obstacle to wiping out poverty is the fact that the Democrat Party owes its political success to its failed economic policies.

After all, no one needs a party of government handouts if they are making too much money to qualify for the handouts.

The Democratic political strategy of keeping otherwise independent hardworking Americans dependent on government programs through high unemployment and declining wages goes back to the failure of the New Deal and the political success Democrats enjoyed then (FDR had to die in office to loose the White House).

We also have to understand and accept the fact that propaganda works and people, with the correct prodding, will willingly participate in their own enslavement.

You can go to any buy-here/pay-here used car lot or payday advance service to confirm that.

In recent years, those promoting dependency have started using the media to advertise the benefits of dependency for those willing to cut ties with the job market.

For example, you can have a free cell phone, but there are conditions...

You may automatically qualify for Lifeline service provided by Access Wireless if you participate in any of the following public assistance programs:
  • Federal Public Housing Assistance/Section 8
  • Low-Income Housing Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
  • Medicaid
  • National School Lunch Program's Free Lunch Program (NSLP)
  • Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)/Food Stamps
  • Supplemental Security Income* (SSI)
  • Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)
  • Tribal Qualifying Program based on State of residence
https://www.accesswireless.com/lifel...ou-can-qualify

If you work for a living, spend a large portion of your paycheck on crappy health insurance, pay your own rent, pay your own electric and gas bill, buy your own food and otherwise handle your own financial affairs in a responsible manner, the people who hand out the free phones would like you to know that you and your job can go **** yourself.

You get nothing because you are not on the right team (See list above).

Its the same set of carrots and sticks used in the 1930s, but with a more direct requirement that you be a fully committed mooch...fence sitters not welcome.

Enter illegal immigrants:

Amnesty is being talked about quite a bit with corporate ***** Republicans eager to give criminals from another country the legal right to compete directly with Americans for legitimate jobs and thereby drive down prevailing wages to the delight of their corporate overlords.

Democrats just want falling wages and the accompanying increase in dependency on government largess that is their political lifeblood.

Meanwhile, median family incomes that have been declining ever since the mid 2000s should be expected to fall off the table once amnesty becomes the law of the land.

The solutions are simple from an ordinary American`s perspective, but the powers that be have other ideas.

Corporate ***** Republicans want poverty-level wages.

Democrats just want more poverty.

From where I sit, the solutions to poverty in the US are pretty obvious.

We could reduce the number of workers to increase wages by deporting illegals.

A bounty could be offered for information leading to the deportation of illegal workers, and mandatory prison sentences for those who employ illegals would help as well.

We could withdraw from our ****ty trade deals and negotiate new ones that ensure the US a favorable outcome to trade.

We could reduce marginal corporate tax rates to European levels and stop selling exemptions to regulations.

We could prohibit the rewarding of politicians after they leave office for screwing America while in office.

We could stop filling our workforce with unemployable retards by giving each and every child in the US an education voucher that public schools will need to compete for in order to stay in business.

We could raise interest rates relative to inflation in order to increase the buying power of the US dollar (see Reaganomics).

I've seen Reaganomics. It's what got our country this class divided in the first place.

I hope you realize that you are really upset about the PRIVATE PHONE COMPANIES hawking these phones yet blaming it on the social program being exploited. Also, you must think these are some sort of unlimited magic iPhone 9's or something. Basic phone. Low minute plan. Cost ~$19 a month. This was also a Reagan initiative.

Even those working $9 an hour jobs are not salivating over such a deal. And certainly not dropping out of the workforce for it.

I swear, people on here often talk like they've never met a real person making minimum wage and/or properly using government assistance in their lives!

It's all hearsay, propaganda and suppositions.

Old 07-19-2015, 07:16 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
I've seen Reaganomics. It's what got our country this class divided in the first place.

I hope you realize that you are really upset about the PRIVATE PHONE COMPANIES hawking these phones yet blaming it on the social program being exploited. Also, you must think these are some sort of unlimited magic iPhone 9's or something. Basic phone. Low minute plan. Cost ~$19 a month. This was also a Reagan initiative.

Even those working $9 an hour jobs are not salivating over such a deal. And certainly not dropping out of the workforce for it.

I swear, people on here often talk like they've never met a real person making minimum wage and/or properly using government assistance in their lives!

It's all hearsay, propaganda and suppositions.
Regan economics would of worked if the Democrat Congress would of made budget cuts.

Old 07-19-2015, 07:18 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times
They will all die in the streets and on the front steps of liberal homes who couldn't be bothered to help them with their own time and money

Old 07-19-2015, 07:20 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Regan economics would of worked if the Democrat Congress would of made budget cuts.
Would have? It did work and the prosperity from the 80s and 90s proved that. Since that time? That's liberal and "compassionate conservative" policies.

The next decade will prove how much damage this demigod in power now has done.

Old 07-19-2015, 07:39 AM

1,603 posts, read 1,113,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
They will all die in the streets and on the front steps of liberal homes who couldn't be bothered to help them with their own time and money
It's funny, I've been called "heartless" here for advocating ending all welfare, and as an active Tea Partier I'm of course deeply racist.

Yet I sit on the executive board of a local charity that gets out food year round and warm clothing in the winter that helps primarily (I'd say about 70%) black and brown families.

I'm the youngest by far there so I've aroused some curiosity, been asked questions, and asked them in return, so I've gotten to know the other board members and all of them are those evil old white church going conservative Republicans or at the very least "kind of" conservatives.

Not one liberal. Not one Democrat.

Zero.

Imagine that.

Old 07-19-2015, 08:48 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,394,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by incognitoe View Post
Bush had 8 years to get rid of welfare. He didn't.

when have the politician ever done what the people wanted, any of them, demmy or repub
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies