Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2015, 09:18 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,280,505 times

Advertisements

Discrimination saved a nuclear plant 35 miles from Cleveland from this lunatic gaining access to it.

The reason why he failed his background test and was let go is not being released but we all know he was discriminated against because of his skintone and his religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2015, 02:01 PM

28,619 posts, read 18,658,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
One thing I do know is that American citizens don't want their military when in CONUS walking around with their weapons among the population unless martial law is declared. I believe we have constitutional law against exactly that scenario.

Nor does any military leader or supervisor want to deal with the weekly aftermath of barracks shootings and barroom shootouts between young troops and civilians.

My best understanding at the moment is that the reserve center did not have a guard at the gate. That was a singularly poor judgment on the part of the commanding officer. Security at every other installation I've seen, including reserve units, has been heightened since the beginning of the Iraq War.

Old 07-19-2015, 02:10 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,712,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Nor does any military leader or supervisor want to deal with the weekly aftermath of barracks shootings and barroom shootouts between young troops and civilians.

My best understanding at the moment is that the reserve center did not have a guard at the gate. That was a singularly poor judgment on the part of the commanding officer. Security at every other installation I've seen, including reserve units, has been heightened since the beginning of the Iraq War.
Guard at the gate? Both places were recruiting offices. One of them was in a mall and I believe the other was in a strip shopping center. There was no gate to guard.

Old 07-19-2015, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Guard at the gate? Both places were recruiting offices. One of them was in a mall and I believe the other was in a strip shopping center. There was no gate to guard.
No, the first was a recruiting office in a strip mall.

The second was a reserve center that was an actual small and semi-isolated military installation. Yes, there was a private road leading to a gate with a guardhouse. Just ahead of the guardhouse, the road had concrete barriers that forced vehicles to slow down and zig-zag as they approached the guardhouse. What they lacked were guards in the guardhouse. They also apparently lacked a military armed response force of any kind, because the shootout ultimately involved only the police...nobody with a gun in military uniform ever showed up for the fight.

Old 07-19-2015, 03:12 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,712,967 times
Quote:
No, the first was a recruiting office in a strip mall.

The second was a reserve center that was an actual small and semi-isolated military installation. Yes, there was a private road leading to a gate with a guardhouse. Just ahead of the guardhouse, the road had concrete barriers that forced vehicles to slow down and zig-zag as they approached the guardhouse. What they lacked were guards in the guardhouse. They also apparently lacked a military armed response force of any kind, because the shootout ultimately involved only the police...nobody with a gun in military uniform ever showed up for the fight.
Looks like I was wrong. I was listening to CNN in my car on Thursday and they said mall and strip mall, but it looks like that early information was wrong.

Old 07-19-2015, 07:50 PM

17,515 posts, read 17,450,511 times
Quote:

A bit over the top exaggeration there. First, military recruiters don't live in a barracks. They live in a home (house, apartment). Secondly, military recruiters aren't the type who have had non-judicial punishment nor court martial. Third, they would be carrying a side arm and would receive special training similar to what's required for concealed carry permit which details when it's appropriate and not appropriate to draw your weapon. The rules are different at home than in the field of combat. As for the base, they should have armed guards at the gates who went through special training. The weapons should be a side arm and available rifle. Military bases generally have their own base police force. Now if people were saying "every" person on base should carry a side arm then I'd disagree. Some military service members never touch a gun after boot camp. There should be a permit process to allow a limited number of service members on base to qualify to carry a side arm at all times on base.

Old 07-19-2015, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
A bit over the top exaggeration there. First, military recruiters don't live in a barracks. They live in a home (house, apartment). Secondly, military recruiters aren't the type who have had non-judicial punishment nor court martial.
I was talking about the frequent suggestion of arming everyone on base.

Old 07-19-2015, 11:00 PM

30,207 posts, read 23,620,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
A bit over the top exaggeration there. First, military recruiters don't live in a barracks. They live in a home (house, apartment). Secondly, military recruiters aren't the type who have had non-judicial punishment nor court martial. Third, they would be carrying a side arm and would receive special training similar to what's required for concealed carry permit which details when it's appropriate and not appropriate to draw your weapon. The rules are different at home than in the field of combat. As for the base, they should have armed guards at the gates who went through special training. The weapons should be a side arm and available rifle. Military bases generally have their own base police force. Now if people were saying "every" person on base should carry a side arm then I'd disagree. Some military service members never touch a gun after boot camp. There should be a permit process to allow a limited number of service members on base to qualify to carry a side arm at all times on base.
They are called MPs, and they should have been at that gate.

Old 07-19-2015, 11:16 PM

7,443 posts, read 5,707,939 times
Well that didn't take long. Terrorist scumbag turned into a mental patient to fit gun control agenda. People will eat that Obammie chit sand which pretty easy.

Old 07-19-2015, 11:22 PM

39,809 posts, read 26,385,498 times
I've been busy over the weekend and haven't caught the news much. Has Obama actually called these murders Islamic terrorism yet? And have the nation's flags been lowered to half mast to respect the Marines slaughtered to this animal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies