Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 06:49 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
the thread is do fetus feel pain? the answer is no not at the 8 to 10 week mark when most all abortions are done. btw the "baby" is not really a baby until it is born and breathes on it's own, until then it is potential life.
Of course it is, anything to make it easier to kill it.

Old 07-25-2015, 06:49 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,413,498 times
Quote:
the thread is do fetus feel pain? the answer is no not at the 8 to 10 week mark when most all abortions are done. btw the "baby" is not really a baby until it is born and breathes on it's own, until then it is potential life.
Obviously you were not aborted. I am curious as to why you speak with such certainty on the "does the fetus feel pain" issue. Not everyone agrees with you. It's a baby imo when it attaches to the uterus.

Old 07-25-2015, 07:32 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
So someone on a ventilator machine is potential life?

I don't know, but my wife's doctor called the "potential life" a baby every time we went in to see pictures from the ultrasound. I can distinctly remember my older son in one of those images sucking his thumb and doing loops around and around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Of course it is, anything to make it easier to kill it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Obviously you were not aborted. I am curious as to why you speak with such certainty on the "does the fetus feel pain" issue. Not everyone agrees with you. It's a baby imo when it attaches to the uterus.
Chicago, someone on a ventilator was born and is a person, needing assistance or not they are no longer dependent on an individual's womb to survive.

no pregnancy is guaranteed to produce a life. many end on their own. a pregnancy until the baby is born is potential life. it does not become a person until it is born and can breathe on it's own.

Road, women are not stupid we know what abortion is. it doesn't matter if we call it a baby, a blob of cells or a fetus, we do know what abortion is and it is our right to that choice if we want.

Pommy I speak with certainty that a fetus does not feel pain at the early stages because it is a medical certainty. you will not find any reputable medical doctor that thinks the pain receptors are formed until well at least 29 weeks and beyond. I can agree if you want that it is (potentially) a baby when it attaches to the womb but it still will not feel pain until the third trimester.

Old 07-25-2015, 07:37 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,356,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by des91 View Post
This is obviously very controversial but imo, this is the key factor in whether abortions should be right or wrong. Does a fetus at ANY point from conception feel pain during an abortion? There is nothing worse in life than pain so this is the make or break for me. I've read articles saying that they can, they can't, they can only by a certain time frame etc. I honestly don't know who to believe. It seems like there's probably political agendas tied to each study too, like everything else. What source or study should I trust the most?
First, I'd guess someone who is capable of sucking his (or her) thumb probably does have feelings in his/her body- including the ability to feel pain, especially when their body is being torn apart.

Second, while it's good to hear you're considering this, so-called pro-choicers who see no difference between a human being and a cockroach or a carrot don't care anyway. Take for example 'partial-birth abortions'- no difference between that child and a child who has been born, other than his/her 'location' and an umbilical cord. So obviously the child is aware.

Old 07-25-2015, 07:41 PM

FYI
Having concluded in Roe that access to abortion is a “fundamental right,” the court declared that only a “compelling state interest” could justify the enactment of state laws or regulations that limit this right. The court also recognized that the state has an “important and legitimate interest” in protecting the health of the mother and even “the potentiality of human life” inside her. The court then asked: When does the state’s legitimate concern for maternal and fetal protection rise to the level of compelling interest? To answer this question, Blackmun created a three-tiered legal framework, based on the nine-month period of pregnancy, which gave the state greater interest and regulatory latitude in each successive tier...........

A History of Key Abortion Rulings of the U.S. Supreme Court | Pew Research Center

Old 07-25-2015, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Chicago, someone on a ventilator was born and is a person, needing assistance or not they are no longer dependent on an individual's womb to survive.

no pregnancy is guaranteed to produce a life. many end on their own. a pregnancy until the baby is born is potential life. it does not become a person until it is born and can breathe on it's own.

Road, women are not stupid we know what abortion is. it doesn't matter if we call it a baby, a blob of cells or a fetus, we do know what abortion is and it is our right to that choice if we want.

Pommy I speak with certainty that a fetus does not feel pain at the early stages because it is a medical certainty. you will not find any reputable medical doctor that thinks the pain receptors are formed until well at least 29 weeks and beyond. I can agree if you want that it is (potentially) a baby when it attaches to the womb but it still will not feel pain until the third trimester.
Really? You want me to believe opinions that the aborted baby doesn't feel pain. That is never going to happen.

Old 07-25-2015, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Really? You want me to believe opinions that the aborted baby doesn't feel pain. That is never going to happen.
You want me to believe opinions that aborted babies, at any gestation, don't feel pain or rejection? That's never going to happen.

Old 07-25-2015, 07:53 PM

Quote:
do you not read or do you just skip the parts you don't like.

no aborted babies in the first trimester do not feel pain, neither do they in the second trimester, as the pain receptors do not develop until well into the third trimester around 28 weeks or so. perhaps reading some medical information will help you digest this. you won't fine a reputable doctor that will say different. sorry if that doesn't fit your anti choice agenda.

Old 07-25-2015, 07:56 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
Quote:

Road, women are not stupid we know what abortion is. it doesn't matter if we call it a baby, a blob of cells or a fetus, we do know what abortion is and it is our right to that choice if we want. .
Of course it's a woman choice, her life, her body, never said it wasn't. You can call it whatever you want if it makes you feel better but it is a life or I should say would have been a life.

Old 07-25-2015, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Of course it's a woman choice, her life, her body, never said it wasn't. You can call it whatever you want if it makes you feel better but it is a life or I should say would have been a life.
and women know that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies