Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who Was More at Fault???
Sandra 32 60.38%
Police 17 32.08%
I can't choose. They are exactly equally at fault. 4 7.55%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 04:26 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times

Advertisements

They were incompetent enough to let her hang herself not too hard to believe they might have let her get stoned too.

Old 07-23-2015, 04:31 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,654,415 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-bz-kFyk8I Watch how this cop handles his business after verbal abuse.

Old 07-23-2015, 04:55 PM

17,411 posts, read 14,637,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
My guess is that a regular ME did the autopsy rather than a Forensic Pathologist who would have, as a matter of course removed the stomach contents and had it analyzed.
Could you please give me the difference between a medical examiner and a forensic pathologist?

A link would be great. Thanks!

Old 07-23-2015, 05:06 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,097,526 times
Was she rude yes, BUT the cop did not need to egg her on and arrested. It was a simple changing lanes, the cop said it was a warning. He should had given her the warning and walk away. All that BS of putting cigarette away, get off the car was just him trying to show his power.

I have family members that are police and they all have told me that there was no need for him to escalate the situation. Police are hired to serve and protect NOT to bully the population

Old 07-23-2015, 05:09 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
Why she went on to hang herself is much farther beyond me than the arrest. None of this makes sense.
And the reason I brought up questions about her bond release?

Old 07-23-2015, 05:15 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Could you please give me the difference between a medical examiner and a forensic pathologist?

A link would be great. Thanks!
Forensic pathology refers to the investigation of death specifically when it involves homicide, suicide or accident. All forensic pathologists can serve as Medical Examiners, but while all medical examiners are pathologists, not all of them are board certified forensic pathologists.

Things To Know - Forensic Pathologists - The Death Detectives | Post Mortem | FRONTLINE | PBS

Old 07-23-2015, 05:40 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,259,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Was she rude yes, BUT the cop did not need to egg her on and arrested. It was a simple changing lanes, the cop said it was a warning. He should had given her the warning and walk away. All that BS of putting cigarette away, get off the car was just him trying to show his power.

I have family members that are police and they all have told me that there was no need for him to escalate the situation. Police are hired to serve and protect NOT to bully the population
That is why you should know and understand the "Yes Sir, No Sir" rule.

Old 07-23-2015, 05:54 PM

17,411 posts, read 14,637,091 times
Quote:
My guess is that a regular ME did the autopsy rather than a Forensic Pathologist who would have, as a matter of course removed the stomach contents and had it analyzed.
Quote:
Forensic pathology refers to the investigation of death specifically when it involves homicide, suicide or accident. All forensic pathologists can serve as Medical Examiners, but while all medical examiners are pathologists, not all of them are board certified forensic pathologists.

Things To Know - Forensic Pathologists - The Death Detectives | Post Mortem | FRONTLINE | PBS
Thanks. I actually found all the information I needed on the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences site.

And I think you'd be wrong that it wasn't a forensic pathologist that did the autopsy.

Old 07-23-2015, 06:02 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
If she had taken Chris Rock's advise she would be alive today.

Old 07-23-2015, 06:31 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,471,998 times
Re: being asked to exit your car after being pulled over.

Here is my experience.

Years ago I was driving from NM through Texas to Virginia. I was taking someone's car to them as they had left a few days before, taking their van to transport their handicapped son to their new home.

I was en route to San Antonio that morning and having just bought a cup of coffee at a convenience store in some town on the way, was just merging onto the highway from the on ramp. All of a sudden a car passes me in the left lane. No problem, but then I saw a police car with lights behind me coming fast and as I moved off to the shoulder to let it pass I spilled the hot coffee all over me and the dashboard. He stopped behind me! I had not been speeding.

He came up to the driver's side of the car and just STOOD THERE, saying NOTHING, just staring, for an appreciable amount of time, until I said, confused, "Do you want my license?" I couldn't understand why he didn't say anything. He FINALLY said, "Yes. Did you know you were going 85?" I said, "I didn't realize I was speeding." I gave him my license and the car's registration. Then he said, "Where are you going?" I said, "San Antonio". He said, "What business do you have there?" WHAT? I told him I was taking the car to my friend in Virginia and San Antonio was on the way.

He said, "Come here while I (run your plates or words to that effect)." I got out of the car and followed behind. He said, "Get in the car." By that time I was shaking so bad I could hardly stand. He repeated, "Get in the car." I opened the passenger side of his car. I started hyperventilating and said, "I can't." He said it again, more forcefully and I said, "I can't. Can't you see I'm shaking?" I'll never forget this.

In the police car at the console was the BIGGEST shotgun/rifle or whatever kind of gun I had ever seen. It was gigantic, something you'd expect to see on a big game safari hunt. I thought I was going to have a heart attack. He said, "Well stay there." I was absolutely terrified.

He got on his radio and did whatever to check out my license/plates and after a few minutes he wrote me a ticket for speeding. He informed me I would have to appear at the courthouse in about 5 days and that I would have to pay a fine of $100.00.

I took off and arrived in San Antonio. I couldn't wait to just stop driving. I headed to a shopping mall near the exit and asked a few people if this was the norm for a stop for speeding, (being asked to exit my car and to "get in" the police car). I was told definitely not. I didn't know any better as I had only ever gotten a ticket for parking in a no parking zone. Everyone I asked informed me that what I experienced was 'unusual'.

When I arrived at my destination in Virginia, after dropping off the car and returning to my family's home in Maryland, I called the courthouse in Texas. I informed them of the stop by the officer and told them that I had concerns about the appropriateness of the process when he stopped me. I told them what happened and said again that I was really concerned about how it was all handled. I also informed them of my location and that I would not be able to return by the date written on the ticket as I had an airline ticket to return west but days later and just didn't have the money to buy another ticket. They IMMEDIATELY informed me that I did not have to appear at court and asked if I could pay half the ticket - $50. I said that I could and sent a check for the amount that day, expedited. I never heard from them again.

I am a black female. As a woman, I felt completely vulnerable in that situation. For years now, many LEOs in TX and NM have been found to have sexually assaulted women they pull over! I was very naïve at the time and just never thought of such a thing. I honestly feel that he planned in some way to assault me.

Fortunately for me, this LEO reconsidered whatever he had planned and backed off and I think it was because he sensed I was going to literally become hysterical and perhaps physically ill in some way. (In hindsight, I wish I had thrown up all over him and the police car.) I also feel that I was not the first, nor the last woman that he inappropriately stopped. Who knows what he has done while wearing a badge.

The next year, I saw in the news that there was a horrible tornado in the little town of IRAAN, Texas (where the policeman served). I always imagined a Wizard of Oz /Kansas type of scene for that place...

People, beware.

Last edited by tangelag; 07-23-2015 at 06:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies