Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who Was More at Fault???
Sandra 32 60.38%
Police 17 32.08%
I can't choose. They are exactly equally at fault. 4 7.55%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 06:55 PM

13,306 posts, read 7,864,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer0101 View Post
The truth is that they're nothing but a bunch of vultures looking for a pay day but it's politically incorrect to say so.
Who?

Them people?

You people?

Maybe you're right. If you're going to kill yourself, do it in a way that financially benefits your family.

Old 07-23-2015, 07:42 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
When I am stopped by a cop for whatever reason I become as meek and mild as possible. I answer all the questions as politely as I can. I appear calm and reasonable. I do this because acting this way is far less risky than being belligerent and obnoxious. I am always aware that the cop can arrest or even kill me. By controlling my response I retain control of the situation. He has the power but I retain the control.
Right. Completely agree with you. Not that I've ever been stopped, but this is how I always try to deal with police.

Old 07-23-2015, 08:09 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,469,274 times
I watched and listened to most of the video, (gave up) and a couple of things (well more than a couple, but...) made me 'wonder'. The LEO said he had two? little circles on him (from the 'scuffle') and started to say he had the 'chain', but then said the loops and the "emt" or other LEO said, "You had the loops?" and the 1st LEO agreed. It REALLY sounded as if the other LEO was 'leading' him to say particular things.

What chain?
Are the loops those plastic cuffs?

Then the 1st LEO shows and says he has a scratch, and the other person off camera says words to the effect that the skin has been broken and comically "I know because I am an EMT". What? This exchange was comical.

The words spoken are very suspect, not just from the 1st LEO.

Just sayin'...

Old 07-23-2015, 08:12 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Op have you watched some of the video on simple traffic stops and seen now some driver act? They are all over TV shows and internet. A traffic stop is a arrest once your informed of violation. The officer offer you to allow to sign a promises to appear which is what a ticket really is. Otherwise you are take in and have to post a cash bond. We know now she even wander In her text why none of her family had come to bond her out. The bond would have been for traffic charge plus assaulting the officer. Personally if I knew a family members was suicidal I would have tried to not allow her to drive;she had scar marks o her arms indicating cutting herself. family could have gone to have a judge commit her fro treatment at the least; often tho family signs the commitment then do not request a hearing which is required to keep her on mental issues. She has right even when mental patient to require the person signing to prove their reasoning why she should be keep. Rights to freedom and being mentally ill often ends in tragedy.

Old 07-23-2015, 08:12 PM

6,800 posts, read 14,018,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Was she rude yes, BUT the cop did not need to egg her on and arrested. It was a simple changing lanes, the cop said it was a warning. He should had given her the warning and walk away. All that BS of putting cigarette away, get off the car was just him trying to show his power.

I have family members that are police and they all have told me that there was no need for him to escalate the situation. Police are hired to serve and protect NOT to bully the population

I think 90% of the police would have acted differently than that officer. Since she was being smirky with cop he should have turned the warning into a ticket and sent her own her way. I believe this is how most cops would have handled the situation.

Reggie

Old 07-23-2015, 08:14 PM

801 posts, read 1,103,352 times
...Another lynching of a black body by a cop in America.

Why was this woman in jail?????? For what?

This woman did nothing to deserve to be in jail. The Alpha citizens in this country and their police have negative impulses toward black bodies and are constantly treating blacks harshly for little to no reason at all, in all facets of life.

Why is it that a customer service rep at 10 bucks an hour - or less, is expected to withstand verbal abuse or hostility, in many cases, from customers and behave professionally and maturely and maintain composure. Yet - these tough guy thug cops want to light someone up just for being mouthy. Don't excuse that sick behavior. keep your con job to yourselves, you are the only ones who have a psychological need to believe your own con.

When cops act like this, they are just klansmen, and should be dealt with as such.

Old 07-23-2015, 09:41 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,219,689 times
Larry Whitmore did a GREAT piece on this tonight! For those that aren't willfully ignorant, will clearly see how the officer escalated the situation.

The POLICE are to be the PROFESSIONALS. PEACE OFFICERS. Not power hungry, "you WILL respect MY authority" type a-holes.

Old 07-24-2015, 05:05 AM

2 posts, read 1,781 times
Seems to me there's some fault on both sides, but while Sandra was not as cooperative as she could have been, there was no reason for the trooper to start yelling at her or to ask her to get out of the car. Further, I see no reason why she was arrested - unless the officer had reasonable suspicion that she had been using cannabis - but that's a different matter.

Old 07-24-2015, 08:39 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryview22 View Post
...Another lynching of a black body by a cop in America.

Why was this woman in jail?????? For what?

This woman did nothing to deserve to be in jail. The Alpha citizens in this country and their police have negative impulses toward black bodies and are constantly treating blacks harshly for little to no reason at all, in all facets of life.

Why is it that a customer service rep at 10 bucks an hour - or less, is expected to withstand verbal abuse or hostility, in many cases, from customers and behave professionally and maturely and maintain composure. Yet - these tough guy thug cops want to light someone up just for being mouthy. Don't excuse that sick behavior. keep your con job to yourselves, you are the only ones who have a psychological need to believe your own con.

When cops act like this, they are just klansmen, and should be dealt with as such.
what are you proposing?

Old 07-24-2015, 08:44 AM

13,306 posts, read 7,864,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
what are you proposing?
Look, she gave that cop everything he needed.

It wasn't much, but he was willing to accept scraps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies