Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2015, 08:44 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The price of oil has been dropping in anticipation of a deal with Iran....

Oil prices dive below $51 as Iran deal looms - Jul. 6, 2015

Now that a deal has been reached, we can buy oil from Iran again and gas is predicted to fall below $2.00 per gallon!

$2 gas will be back after Iran nuclear deal - Jul. 14, 2015
Iran doesn't trade oil with the petrodollar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2015, 08:47 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,129,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alandros View Post
Even better

Oil cost going up while under black president = conservatives complain and insult liberals

Oil cost going down while under black president = conservatives complain and insult liberals
Seniors Oil spill in 1989: talked about for years.
Messiahs Oil spill in 2010 (largest in history) forgotton. Because he's black right? smh

Old 07-19-2015, 08:52 AM

3,304 posts, read 2,172,400 times
I thought that the Left wanted higher gas prices to force people to drive more fuel efficient cars. So now Obama makes a deal that will lower gas prices, which will spur people to buy bigger cars, which will contribute to global warming. Yet the Left is cheering this deal. Go figure.

Old 07-19-2015, 09:02 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,114,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
I thought that the Left wanted higher gas prices to force people to drive more fuel efficient cars. So now Obama makes a deal that will lower gas prices, which will spur people to buy bigger cars, which will contribute to global warming. Yet the Left is cheering this deal. Go figure.
What is it with conservatives like yourself being obsessed with using strawman arguments?

The left want gas prices to be lower just as much as anyone else. What we should also want to see is effort put into researching for viable alternative fuels while oil is still plentiful. Ask yourself this question. Do you think fossil fuel will last forever?

What I see is right wingers like yourself objecting to any effort at all at searching for renewable fuels. That's just dumb.

And yes, I drive an suv for all purposes. I don't pay for the gas at all, so immediately I don't care as much. But common sense tells me it's a good thing that we as a society should put at least a minimal effort into researching for renewable source of energy. What is so evil about that?

Old 07-19-2015, 09:07 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballdude39 View Post
Ya we should pay Iran money for their oil so they can fund more terrorism against the US and harbor more terrorists.

Sounds good.
Unless you consider fighting against ISIS as terrorism against the US, I have no idea what you are talking about. 1979 is long over. Should we have keep our war going against Britain also?

Quote:
WASHINGTON — Iran has deployed advanced rockets and missiles to Iraq to help fight the Islamic State in Tikrit, a significant escalation of firepower and another sign of Iran’s growing influence in Iraq.

United States intelligence agencies detected the deployments in the past few weeks as Iraq was marshaling a force of 30,000 troops — two-thirds of them Shiite militias largely trained and equipped by Iran, according to three American officials. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive intelligence reports on Iran.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/17/wo...s-us-says.html

Old 07-19-2015, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Obama has killed so many good jobs that people are not traveling around as much. As stated in the thread, all storage is at capacity for crude. We have oil overflowing.
Link?

Old 07-19-2015, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
Gas went up .10 cents in my area - Where's the cheap gas????
You may not be aware of this but business deals, especially those that involve trade on the global market, are not set up over night.

Old 07-19-2015, 09:13 AM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
What is it with conservatives like yourself being obsessed with using strawman arguments?

The left want gas prices to be lower just as much as anyone else. What we should also want to see is effort put into researching for viable alternative fuels while oil is still plentiful. Ask yourself this question. Do you think fossil fuel will last forever?

What I see is right wingers like yourself objecting to any effort at all at searching for renewable fuels. That's just dumb.

And yes, I drive an suv for all purposes. I don't pay for the gas at all, so immediately I don't care as much. But common sense tells me it's a good thing that we as a society should put at least a minimal effort into researching for renewable source of energy. What is so evil about that?

I don't think that anyone at all really fits that bill.
Smart, viable renewables that yield good result is the best path.

Old 07-19-2015, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
I don't know why the left can't stand up straight without heavy reliance on government.
This comment is not on topic and a lame attempt at deflection. Don't you like cheaper gas prices?

Old 07-19-2015, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Iran doesn't trade oil with the petrodollar.

Iran not trading oil with the petrodollar was a survival response to the severe sanctions. If fact, this put the value of the dollar in jeopardy. Now that sanctions will be lifted, I expect Iran to trade oil with the petrodollar which is yet another benefit of this deal for the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies