Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 02:15 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
To you it is idiotic, to them who knows. The point is, they have as much right to their heritage as anyone else. I don't agree with what the CSA stood for or fought primarily for. Most who fought and died had never owned a slave and probably never would have. The CSA flag is no longer the flag of a nation or a battle flag. It has no real significance what so ever. To get ones bowels in an uproar over a piece of cloth is just as ludicrous.
What "heritage?"

So if I move to Alabama tomorrow (due to a fresh bout of insanity), then the Confederate Flag becomes part of my heritage?

Lol...stop it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2015, 03:59 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Do you remember all of the posters of Che that were in Obama campaign offices in the 2008 election? Che, of course, was a mass murderer and a homicidal maniac.

The left loves Che (who was responsible in his life for more deaths and torture than the Confederate army), yet hold contempt for Confederates and the Confederate flag. Keep in mind that the Confederates, after their defeat, went on to be productive US citizens.

So why the love for a mass murderer and contempt for the Confederacy?

Those Che posters were only found in some Florida offices.

Florida has a lot of Cubans.

Che is a Cuban revolutionary that is a bit of an icon among the Cuban community.

I'll let you do the math and connect the dots.

Che is not a liberal figure, it's really a Cuban thing. My guess is you will see Che posters in some Jeb and Rubio campaign offices come this election year.

Old 07-19-2015, 04:23 AM

1,052 posts, read 1,304,383 times
Quote:
Well, how about we compare what the Confederate government supported, vs what the Union government did to the American Indian tribes in this country. Slavery was evil and wrong. There isn't any doubt. What the union soldiers did was evil and reprehensible. It's just a matter of who the minority is, as to how revisionist history treats the subject.
I'm sorry but you can't split the Confederates from what the "Union" did to the Natives.... both the North and the South own that since they were of the same Union when those things were done. In fact most of the support against some of the acts towards the Native Americans (such as the Cherokee) was centered in the North in New England.

Old 07-19-2015, 04:44 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,839,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Those Che posters were only found in some Florida offices.

Florida has a lot of Cubans.

Che is a Cuban revolutionary that is a bit of an icon among the Cuban community.

I'll let you do the math and connect the dots.

Che is not a liberal figure, it's really a Cuban thing. My guess is you will see Che posters in some Jeb and Rubio campaign offices come this election year.
NO.

Florida Cubans tend to be exiles or relatives of exiles who came here because of Che and Fidel. They hate him, not endorse him.

Old 07-19-2015, 06:13 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,277,885 times
Quote:
Well, how about we compare what the Confederate government supported, vs what the Union government did to the American Indian tribes in this country. Slavery was evil and wrong. There isn't any doubt. What the union soldiers did was evil and reprehensible. It's just a matter of who the minority is, as to how revisionist history treats the subject.
Ummm....yeah. Cause the Confederates were wicked nice to the Indians.

Old 07-19-2015, 06:14 AM

59,046 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
And what many southern haters refuse to accept is that the NORTH was well into slavery themselves.

Old 07-19-2015, 06:19 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
So, just how many innocent people does someone have to slaughter before left wing nut jobs will condemn him? Heck, I'm surprised they haven't put up statues in Seattle or San Fran for the murderous scumbag.
What are you saying? That Che just took 10 random people off the streets and executed them?

Old 07-19-2015, 06:31 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
WRONG

The Truth About Che Guevara | World Affairs Journal

Lefties love Che, Lenin, Mao and Pol Pot who were the world's greatest mass murderers.

If killing millions and millions is perfectly fine for the left, why does one quibble and fuss over the Confederacy, who were represented by educated Americans who pined for states rights?

Answer- liberals LOVE central government and the suppression of rights by a strong central authority. A few million lives are nothing when the objectives of the state are at stake!

Libs- Read "Animal Farm", "1984", and "Farenheit 451". You are on the side of evil, suppression of individual liberties, and the tyranny of the state.

Simply take a look at the parallels of the Taliban and ISIS vs the American Liberal- both are hell bent on imposing thier views on the populace, destroying historical icons, and suppressing dissenting views. Fascists come from all stripes. Calling oneself "liberal" does not immediately confer one wed to the prospects of liberty. In fact, the opposite is true.

Liberalism = Fascism
I read your link as far as the Che enslaved the population into a totalitarian state that was worse than the previous one silliness. Cuba was the poorest country in the western hemisphere under Batista but now they are far down the list from those bastions of freedom like Nicaragua, Guatemala, Haiti, Jamaica, Honduras, etc. Cubans now have food to eat and good medical care. Schools too! Actually, Cuba isn`t on the list and hasn`t been for several decades.

Old 07-19-2015, 06:36 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Cool Dear Wannabe Johnny Rebs...

Feel free to fly the stars and bars on your front porch and plaster confederate bumper stickers on your vehicle.

But for your state gummint...

It's over.

They have to be Americans now.

Old 07-19-2015, 05:23 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Feel free to fly the stars and bars on your front porch and plaster confederate bumper stickers on your vehicle.

But for your state gummint...

It's over.

They have to be Americans now.

I personally would never fly the Confederate flag, as my family has been northerners since they arrived in "the US" in 1632. My oldest son, who is a country music fan, wanted a Confederate flag to hang in his college dorm when he was a freshman. After a little discussion, he agreed not to do so. The rebel flag is not a part of our heritage (quite the opposite), thus my opposition.

However, liberals never seem to mind Mexicans illegals in the US flying the Mexican flag (keep in mind we were in a war with them in the past as well).

Further many liberals carried North Vietnamese flags when "protesting" the Vietnam war.

Former Confederates helped build the nation. How much did Mexico or the VC /NVA ever do for America?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies