Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 08:09 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times

Advertisements

We Interrupt Our Regular Trump Programming to Announce America

At the U.N. today, the Obama administration is colluding with our enemies and other foreign sovereigns to deprive the American people – through their elected representatives – of the power to determine what obligations they will accept under international law. The Obama administration has taken the position that Russia, China, and, yes, Iran, have a vote on our national security, but we do not. And in this betrayal, Congress has, at best, been a witless aider and abettor.

Read more at: Iran Deal -- What Thucydides Would Have Thought of It | National Review Online

In the very first speech of Thucydides’s history of the Peloponnesian War appears the following admonition: “Concessions to adversaries only end in self-reproach, and the more strictly they are avoided the greater will be the chance of security.” It is a bitter truth in an anarchic world. Unpalatable as it may be, nothing more can be added to a maxim that has been universally proved for nearly two and a half millennia. Only a profound ignorance of history could lead one to believe that this time will be different.

Last edited by phma; 07-20-2015 at 09:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2015, 09:41 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
I'm no fan of this deal with Iran. This is the first I've commented on it. Iran should NEVER be allowed nuclear weapons. Didn't we have a war with Iraq, over the mere notion of Saddam having gas weapons? And now, we cut a deal with the #1 state sponsor of terrorism in the ME, that gives them leave to develop nuclear weapons?

And yes, this was bowing and scraping to the globalization nuts. There no defending this deal, but the American left, and particularly the Obamaists, globalists, from the top down, all bunched up about "world opinion", will spend their last, justifying it. I feel, strongly, that the Iraq war was an idiots venture. From the jump, I went on record of the opinion we should have gone after Iran. We should have flattened them.

But no. Junior had to pick up where Daddy left off. And now, Obama gets a stamp of approval for giving the ones who are the problem , leave to become a nuclear power. To wild, swooning praise, from the American far left, of which he is a dedicated part. This deal will come home to roost. Sooner than later. The defenses and appologjst talk ,I've read on here, giving Obama a pass for folding, are amazing.

So, the Obamabots and globalists are getting what they want. Letting poor, little, picked on Iran , have their toys, and thus ingratiating them with us. They will not want to to kill us any.more, because we have shown them understanding, and that they can come play nice, in the global playpen with the nice boys and girls. Oh my.....

Last edited by NVplumber; 07-20-2015 at 10:22 PM..

Old 07-20-2015, 10:04 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,114,442 times
Question. Will you guys eat your hats if this deal actually works?

Old 07-20-2015, 10:33 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Question. Will you guys eat your hats if this deal actually works?
Well, I reckon I'll have to take that bet. The only thing that will change Iran's goals is another revolution, that tosses the radical mullahs out and, neuters the Revolutionary Guard, allowing the populace to think for themselves. Providing they stl can, after all this time under theocratic dictatorship.

Old 07-20-2015, 10:41 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Well, I reckon I'll have to take that bet. The only thing that will change Iran's goals is another revolution, that tosses the radical mullahs out and, neuters the Revolutionary Guard, allowing the populace to think for themselves. Providing they stl can, after all this time under theocratic dictatorship.
What's it to you if the mullahs and the RG retain power in that country?

Again, the Iranian people put this cabal in power. Why should Americans care about who runs Iran? Especially seeing as how with or without a nuke, they're no threat to us.

Old 07-20-2015, 10:43 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
And now, we cut a deal with the #1 state sponsor of terrorism in the ME, that gives them leave to develop nuclear weapons?
No. What a strange idea.

Old 07-20-2015, 10:55 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
I'm just not a globalist and never will be.

In sum, the Obama administration has acceded to these demands by foreign sovereigns – some of which are enemies of the United States, and none of which guards the interests of the United States – that legal action imposing obligations on the American people be taken by those sovereigns not only before action is taken by the American people’s representatives but in violation of our Constitution.

I really don't see how this is acceptable.

Old 07-21-2015, 12:26 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
What's it to you if the mullahs and the RG retain power in that country?

Again, the Iranian people put this cabal in power. Why should Americans care about who runs Iran? Especially seeing as how with or without a nuke, they're no threat to us.
A nuclear Iran should be anathema to anyone with critical thinking skills.

Old 07-21-2015, 12:41 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
A nuclear Iran should be anathema to anyone with critical thinking skills.
Why should it bother me? Why would it be an anathema?

Iran is no threat to this country regardless. So why should I fear a nuclear armed Iran.

Old 07-21-2015, 12:53 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,435,569 times
Obama is an anti-American traitor, just like his liberal and left-wing supporters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies