Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 02:27 PM

222 posts, read 231,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Gen. Wesley Clark (Democrat) wants to put "radicals" into internment camps. He went on MSNBC and went full on insane. I hope the Democratic Party kicks him to the curb after this. This tops anything Trump has said but most of the media doesn't seem to mind. Pure insanity.

Video in the story below:

General Wesley Clark Suggests Putting "Disloyal Americans" In Internment Camps | Zero Hedge
A web site with a manifesto? PLEASE! LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaPwqokBn9M Clark without the spin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2015, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Gen. Wesley Clark (Democrat) wants to put "radicals" into internment camps.
Clark mentions person who are radicalized against the US and we the people. Clark also mentioned persons who are on the road to being radicalized against the US being brought back into the fold by members of their own communities.

So in reality CLARK DID NOT CALL FOR INTERNMENT CAMPS FOR RADICALS.

Old 07-21-2015, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Clark was a grossly incompetent general, ridiculous and creepy candidate and lately a shill for scam companies. He belongs more in the Republican Big Top than in our party. His new fascist proposal ought to endear him to them. See above for evidence.
Ahem!

Michael Moore enlists with General Clark during Presidential campaign

Oh yeah, two people who belong in the GOP

Old 07-21-2015, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
And which party's President threw Americans into internment camps last time?
The President and the Supreme Court. During war parties do not get to choose what a President does. If a Republican were President during WWII are you saying they would NOT have interned Japanese-Americans and others?

too funny

Old 07-21-2015, 02:39 PM

39,209 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastRefugee2 View Post
The President and the Supreme Court. During war parties do not get to choose what a President does. If a Republican were President during WWII are you saying they would NOT have interned Japanese-Americans and others?

too funny
Not very funny

Colorado Governor Ralph L. Carr welcomed the Japanese-American internees into his state, embracing them as citizens who deserved dignified and just treatment during their incarceration. Governor Carr served from 1939-1943, but his relatively short tenure produced heaps of documents that testify to his compassion for and genuine interest in the Japanese families conscripted to his state.

Read more: Articles: The Lone Politician Who Stood against Japanese Internment
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

You cannot judge others based on Political Party Affiliation. Carr was a white male, a Republican.

I came from strong catholic background, I am mixed German/Japanese/Hawaiian/Irish. I have been told when I was very young that i should always speak my mind and always always always treat others with respect. I also have been taught all men are created equally. But I have also been told to be proud of whom I am, I am a Happa.

Old 07-21-2015, 03:14 PM

17,601 posts, read 17,629,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
And you could have been a better general.I am not defending him, but no one gets to where he did by being incompetent.
He kissed the butts of those above him to make his way to the top. He didn't get there on leadership ability and military experience. He was a scholar who studied at West Point and then Oxford. As a young officer, his first combat command ended within a month due to injury. One of his majors was Politics which helps to explain his appointments at politically connected stations. Officers who get such positions have the opportunity to social network among ranking politicians in the hopes of easy promotions and a possible future political career.

Old 07-21-2015, 03:16 PM

8,278 posts, read 6,271,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Gen. Wesley Clark said,

"Any implication that I support racial profiling or interning people based on their ethnicity or heritage is dead wrong. I’m for separating people who have made dangerous decisions from the rest of society.

"The US has the obligation to protect our own population from terrorists. And ‎if the domestic terrorist threat grows due to ISIS, we must act responsibly and promptly."

Gen. Wesley Clark: Let's Throw Radical Muslims Into Internment Camps

In all fairness, although Democrats like to suggest internment camp, I cannot really say he is wrong in this case.
Good idea, lets place all actual and suspect radicals into confined locations, because that's bound to end well. So using typical estimates of 80-20 for every 20 actual intended terrorists you have 80 completely innocent people who are sitting eating dinner every day with those people intending to do harm, I'd give it a month and you'd have 100 actual intended and indoctrinated terrorists (because the 80% are not going to feel too sympathetic to the country and people that imprisoned them on suspicion). Anyone else remember ISIS stating without Abu Ghraib there would be no ISIS?

How long are they going to be held? Indefinitely, so they die in prison or die trying to escape? Good plan, 100% radicalized terrorists who's options are cause and risk death escaping, then causing death and mayhem, or choosing to die peacefully.

What could possibly go wrong?

Oh and of course the definition of radical and terrorist changes on roughly a weekly basis currently, so I'm pretty sure with the sliding window of radical and terrorist we have that any one person could be imprisoned for nothing more than being more or less interested in something than the rest of the population (because that's not normal, and it's "radical"). I mean come on we have gun owners labelled radicals and terrorists for being nothing more than gun owners, we have the tea party labelled radicals and terrorists, we have the NAACP labelled radicals and terrorists, we have the ACLU labelled radicals and terrorist sympathizers, corporations have been labelled economic terrorists, the lists go on and on and on.

I'm sure that the government would never abuse such a power for political gain, would it?

That's even ignoring the legal and ethical concerns of imprisonment on suspicion, there's a word for that, it's called totalitarianism and it's right/left agnostic. Should we break out the yellow stars and colored triangles too?

BTW, your relative, do they agree that this is a good idea? Given they've actually experienced the effects, I'd like the hear their opinion.

Old 07-21-2015, 03:24 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times
We are ready have 'internment camps' for radicals. It's called their homeland country in the middle east, Africa, Asia and Mexico and South American. They don't cost anything either.

Old 07-21-2015, 03:46 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,903,605 times
Slippery Slope Much??

And just who is it that gets to define what a "Disloyal American" is?

Are we looking to lock up anyone who isn't satisfied with our government? Do they plan to use "No Fly" lists? Are they going to lock up those who call the government out on their corruption? Are we going to lock up people that burn the American Flag? Are we going to lock up people who wave the Confederate Battle Flag?

Old 07-21-2015, 03:50 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,638,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
And you could have been a better general.I am not defending him, but no one gets to where he did by being incompetent.
In general I agree with you, nita. In Clark's case though, he climbed very high despite being an incompetent boob every step of the way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies