Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 08:14 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,325,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
No, strong families that teach their children to walk on the right path in life. We don't need any of your stupid liberal programs.
This is not a personally attack on Sarah Palin but, I think that it would be safe to assume that Sarah Palin "taught" her children to "walk on the right path of life" yet her daughter is having her second child as an unwed mother. Based upon that I would conclude that teaching the right path in life, whatever that means, is insufficient.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2015, 08:21 PM

3,804 posts, read 6,172,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
This just horrible. But for pro-abortion organizations like Planned Parenthood, it is a measure of their success in their minds, and something to be pleased about.

Only a racist would defend policies that produce an outcome like this.
Without abortions, how will Planned Parenthood get corpses to sell?

Old 07-21-2015, 08:23 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,334,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
You have a point, however my guess is that most raped women prevent pregnancy. Ever heard of Plan B, emergency contraception?

And no one is giving "raped" women a pass. They are simply considering the horrible trauma these women are going through that they agree to kill a life to save the woman's sanity. Most women having 9 or 15 abortions don't do it because birth control "failed", they do it because their "men" don't like how condoms feel and contraceptives make them fat.
Honest question, not looking for political correctness. Do you actually want this woman to have 9-15 children she can't afford to care for?

Who does that help?

It doesn't help the woman with 9 mouths to feed.

It doesn't help the taxpayers who will inevitably pay out in social services.

It doesn't help the 9 kids who won't grown up in a stable healthy home.

It doesn't help society, poverty is already at astronomical rates.

It doesn't help education. Inner city city schools are overcrowded and underfunded.

But I guess if it helps white evangelical Christians to sleep better at night knowing they "saved" 9 lives, I guess that makes it worth it.

Old 07-21-2015, 08:27 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,705,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAL View Post
Without abortions, how will Planned Parenthood get corpses to sell?
I don't understand how this advances the conversation since it's already been proven that there was no selling of fetus parts or anything illegal at all.

Why drag people through the mud with false allegations?

Old 07-21-2015, 08:29 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,325,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
No, thank you. I've considered the source. Nice trolling, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
If eugenics is the reason for legal abortion, why aren't white women banned from aborting?
In fact it is trolling and trolling of the worst sort since most of the quotes attributed to Sanger are either out of context or completely false.

What Sanger actually said:

"We who advocate Birth Control, on the other hand, lay all our emphasis upon stopping not only the reproduction of the unfit but upon stopping all reproduction when there is not economic means of providing proper care for those who are born in health. The eugenist also believes that a woman should bear as many healthy children as possible as a duty to the state. …

We maintain that a woman possessing an adequate knowledge of her reproductive functions is the best judge of the time and conditions under which her child should be brought into the world. We further maintain that it is her right, regardless of all other considerations, to determine whether she shall bear children or not, and how many children she shall bear if she chooses to become a mother."

Sanger, “Birth Control and Racial Betterment,†Feb. 1919:

That isn't to say that Sanger spoke in a politically correct manner by even the standards of her day much less now, but the fact is Sanger worked tirelessly to bring a sense of freedom to poor and minority women that they would not have enjoyed when burdened with unwanted and unnecessary pregnancies.

Old 07-21-2015, 10:20 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,536 times
This is the problem I have with conservatives.
You don't care about the kid after it is born.
If you really care about kids, you fix the adoption and foster care system.
Plus you would promoting birth control.

Old 07-21-2015, 10:25 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,518,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
It's not that I am a 'fan' of abortion....but imagine the black community in NYC if theses bortionsw event taking place. This will sound absolutely horrible, but society (and in this case NYC) is likely much better off without these kids. Were they all destined to be criminals? Of course not. But 99% would likely be born into generational poverty, without a father, to mothers ill-equipped to care for them.
So you are actually supporting a policy of diminishing the number of black people in the inner cities using abortion as a tool. If that is not the most racist suggestion I have ever encountered, it is at least in the running and right at the top of the list.

Old 07-21-2015, 10:27 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,518,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I don't understand how this advances the conversation since it's already been proven that there was no selling of fetus parts or anything illegal at all.

Why drag people through the mud with false allegations?
What makes you think that has been "proven". And you better come up with something better than a leftist blog quote or one of the extremist howlers on MSNBC insisting it is so.

Old 07-21-2015, 10:38 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times
women are nor stupid we know what abortion is. be it a fetus, mid term or late. black women like all women have the right to control their reproductive organs any way they see fit.

Old 07-21-2015, 11:22 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,705,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
What makes you think that has been "proven". And you better come up with something better than a leftist blog quote or one of the extremist howlers on MSNBC insisting it is so.
The folks behind this video are linked to the same who made all the other debunked hit job videos like ACORN and a university that sounded like they were going to train ISIS on campus. They heavily edit tape, ask misleading questions, and tell the story they want.

It preys on the easily manipulated.
Here's why this one is also false:
false: http://www.factcheck.org/2015/07/uns...enthood-video/

The real question is, why do I have to do your research for you? Why don't you possess the moral fortitude and intellectual curiosity to seek truth rather than perpetuate lies?

Last edited by Bluefly; 07-21-2015 at 11:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies