Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 11:41 AM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,897 times

Advertisements

1.Illegal immigrants should be kick out no matter what.Anyone who hire or help them should be punished harshly. Anchor babies can stay but their parents cannot.
2.We need limit on legal immigrants especially on the middle east.
3.We need to stop operations in middle east. We are wasting money and people lives.
4.Welfare needs to reform.
5.Gun control does not work at all. But gun owners should respect business' rules about guns
6.The current education system is not working.Both public and private alike.
7.Being proud of who you are is fine as long you are not some neo nazi or blacks supremacist .
8.Banning Abortion is not going to happen.
9.Not all people that belong to certain groups are the same. Get know people first.
10. We need some new blood in political sphere because these guys are not getting anything done and do not have our interests.
11.Pot should be legalized everywhere and should be available to people who are over 21.
12. New parents should get at least three months paid maternity leave .
13.Looting and vandalism is not protesting .
14.Police officers should be respect by the citizens unless they did something wrong.
15. We need to define what is racist or sexist or homophobic. Some people definition are not correct.
This my takes on some of current issues.
I love to hear you guys takes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2015, 12:01 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
1.Illegal immigrants should be kick out no matter what.Anyone who hire or help them should be punished harshly. Anchor babies can stay but their parents cannot.
3.We need to stop operations in middle east. We are wasting money and people lives.
5.Gun control does not work at all. But gun owners should respect business' rules about guns
7.Being proud of who you are is fine as long you are not some neo nazi or blacks supremacist .
9.Not all people that belong to certain groups are the same. Get know people first.
10. We need some new blood in political sphere because these guys are not getting anything done and do not have our interests.
11.Pot should be legalized everywhere and should be available to people who are over 21.
14.Police officers should be respect by the citizens unless they did something wrong.
15. We need to define what is racist or sexist or homophobic. Some people definition are not correct.

1. I agree.

2. I am inclined to agree, because while this country was built on immigrants, I think we do need to put limits on it until we get our s*** together.

3. Totally agree. Stop playing the world cop, and cut all financial aid.

4. Definitely.

5. I agree with both. Gun control only favors the criminals while leaving law abiding citizens vulnerable, and in regards to businesses, they essentially are an extension of one's private property.

6. Today's current education system is indeed a racket.

7. Sure. But there really is no law against being a neo nazi or black supremacist. However; if your ideology causes you to commit acts of violence against innocent people, then we have a problem.

8. I'm no fan of abortion, but no it won't be banned, and quite frankly I wouldn't want to see it return to the old days where women are having them in dark alleys either.

9. Absolutely agree. I always try to judge people on an individual level.

10. They're out there, but they keep getting squashed by the 2 main parties and the mainstream media.

11. The war on drugs is an abysmal failure, chock full of hypocrisy. Especially the war on weed, which was and continues to be based on lies, and propaganda by special interests that fear loss of profit were it legal. The un-Constitutional Federal ban on cannabis needs to immediately be lifted, and there needs to be a removal of its schedule 1 status!

12. I disagree with this. That arrangement should be between the employer and the employee. We don't need more government, red tape and bureaucracy. We need less of it!

13. I agree. I support the freedom to protest, but when you loot, and destroy one's private property who had nothing to do with whatever issue you're protesting then you lose all credibility with me!

14. True to a degree. I will say this, the bad cops (and we're hearing more about them) need to be exposed for the low lifes that they are, and need to be held accountable for their actions.

15. Those definitions are always changing. I always find that those who are quick to resort to name calling or quick to resorting to applying those labels have already lost the argument. They serve as nothing more than deflection, and deviating from the topic being debated.

Those are my thoughts.

Old 07-22-2015, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
1. I agree.

2. I am inclined to agree, because while this country was built on immigrants, I think we do need to put limits on it until we get our s*** together.

3. Totally agree. Stop playing the world cop, and cut all financial aid.

4. Definitely.

5. I agree with both. Gun control only favors the criminals while leaving law abiding citizens vulnerable, and in regards to businesses, they essentially are an extension of one's private property.

6. Today's current education system is indeed a racket.

7. Sure. But there really is no law against being a neo nazi or black supremacist. However; if your ideology causes you to commit acts of violence against innocent people, then we have a problem.

8. I'm no fan of abortion, but no it won't be banned, and quite frankly I wouldn't want to see it return to the old days where women are having them in dark alleys either.

9. Absolutely agree. I always try to judge people on an individual level.

10. They're out there, but they keep getting squashed by the 2 main parties and the mainstream media.

11. The war on drugs is an abysmal failure, chock full of hypocrisy. Especially the war on weed, which was and continues to be based on lies, and propaganda by special interests that fear loss of profit were it legal. The un-Constitutional Federal ban on cannabis needs to immediately be lifted, and there needs to be a removal of its schedule 1 status!

12. I disagree with this. That arrangement should be between the employer and the employee. We don't need more government, red tape and bureaucracy. We need less of it!

13. I agree. I support the freedom to protest, but when you loot, and destroy one's private property who had nothing to do with whatever issue you're protesting then you lose all credibility with me!

14. True to a degree. I will say this, the bad cops (and we're hearing more about them) need to be exposed for the low lifes that they are, and need to be held accountable for their actions.

15. Those definitions are always changing. I always find that those who are quick to resort to name calling or quick to resorting to applying those labels have already lost the argument. They serve as nothing more than deflection, and deviating from the topic being debated.

Those are my thoughts.
Cutting all financial aid is unrealistic and Third parties need promote better.

Old 07-22-2015, 03:43 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,955 times
Quote:
1. I'm fine with deportation, though support amnesty for those who have otherwise done nothing wrong. I do not think people who hire them need to be harshly punished, but some sort of punishment should happen (depends on how we define harsh). Why would we let a baby stay but not the parents? Where does the child go?

2. The Middle East shouldn't be singled out. Statistically, they're not even the most likely group to be terrorists. South American commit more acts of terror in the US than Muslims or Middle Easterners. In general, the screening process needs to be more effective.

3. Sure.

4. Indeed it does.

5. Seems like common sense to me.

6. Ehh... that's a much larger debate in itself so I won't go into it. I think you're neither right or wrong here.

7. Odd that those are the only two you singled out.

8. Indeed it's not; SCOTUS already said it won't be.

9. Common sense as well; groups are pointless.

10. Terms limits should exist for all who are in elected office.

11. Agreed, though I'd say 18, as alcohol should also be legal at 18. If you can join the army and fight in a war, there's no reason you can't buy a beer.

12. Fair enough.

13. Agreed. You're racist for saying it, but agreed

14. All people should be respected unless they do something wrong. I also believe in affording people second changes, including cops who abuse power (doesn't mean they should be cops, but to just let the past go).

15. Racism is generally the idea that one race is superior to others. Sexism is the idea that one sex is better than the other. Homophobia is the hatred of homosexuals.

Old 07-22-2015, 04:23 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,609,008 times
Quote:
1. Yes, except anchor babies under 18 belong with their parents in the country that they left. Family is more important for a child than nationality.
2. Yes. I'd even propose a moratorium on immigration from the Middle East, but OPEC would protest by robbing us blind on oil. For now let's give preference to Yezidis, Christians, other persecuted religious/ethnic minorities whose values are more aligned with ours.
3. If by operations you mean war, yes.
4. Yes but I honestly don't know how.
5. I honestly don't know what would work at this point.
6. I don't know about private. Public needs improving, esp. in poor, middle, and working class neighborhoods.
7. Yes. And integrate into American culture.
8. You're right.
9. Exactly.
10. Yes, which is why I'd be so happy for America if it were Trump vs. Sanders instead of Bush vs. Clinton.
11. Agreed.
12. Agreed. The rest of the developed world does this. If we were truly "family values" we'd do this.
13. Right.
14. Yes.
15. This is impossible to do though. Too complex and depends on individual's interpretation.

Old 07-22-2015, 04:37 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:

Except for #1, you and me, Sommie, we think a lot alike.

Yer OK for a newb.

Old 07-22-2015, 07:08 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,392,751 times
#11, #12 no

Old 07-22-2015, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
#11, #12 no
I can parental leave but Pot should be legalized.

Old 07-22-2015, 07:18 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
Great post. I agree with all but number 8. For number 11, I say as long as the age for war is 18 then the age for everything else shoukd be no older than 18.

Old 07-22-2015, 07:29 PM

31,050 posts, read 22,077,427 times
I can go for most of what the OP says.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies