Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2016, 12:10 PM

19,046 posts, read 13,959,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
You would be bored in the country all day.
I would hunt, fish, shoot, camp and ride horses all day. I'm not interested in fancy things, never have been. My mother actually jokingly mentioned it in a conversation recently.

Old 03-06-2016, 12:12 PM

19,046 posts, read 13,959,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
Upstate NY or Pennsylvania is near bye. I think one lifestyle is not superior to the other. At one point I think we should experience a big city, suburban, and country life. I see folks from the country who disparage city living out of hand. I think the City offers great oportunities as does the country. Folks often mention City living as immoral and country living as wholesome.
I've done both already and know which one I prefer. I only came back for family and job/money. The only reason I don't regret it is my kids.

You let me know when you win the lottery. I'll share a beer with you for sure.

Old 03-06-2016, 12:14 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,598,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I would hunt, fish, shoot, camp and ride horses all day. I'm not interested in fancy things, never have been. My mother actually jokingly mentioned it in a conversation recently.
Me too. But I like the energy of people as well. I would own a country house and a city house. Come and go, which is what the rich do anyway. I would have a piece of land in PA or Upstate and aBrownstone in Brooklyn. Plus a house in the tropics.

Old 03-06-2016, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I've done both already and know which one I prefer. I only came back for family and job/money. The only reason I don't regret it is my kids.

You let me know when you win the lottery. I'll share a beer with you for sure.
See and I am black lives matters, Christian liberal. See how peace is made in a big City. Cant do that in the country that easily, thats what City living offers. Contact with others with diferent views.

Old 03-06-2016, 12:47 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,215,558 times
I am an "all lives matter" guy, personally!!

Old 03-06-2016, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
I am an "all lives matter" guy, personally!!
Ofcourse they do. Black lives matters does not mean black lives matters more. It means we matter just as much as white lives, but we arent treated with value.. Look if a black girl goes missing does Nancy Grace spend three months of her show featuring that ? Would a white City face the problem like Flint Michigan. Thats the point of it all.. It takes its reputation in protesting police killing of black males. But it has other manifestations. We feel we arent as valued as whites. We know we are not valued as whites except in Sports and entertainment and it hurts on all levels. Just saying and you can research it on your own.

Old 03-06-2016, 01:12 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,222,657 times
All lives matter...period. You say your a Christian yet fall into identity politics with your BLM bullsh*t, please bro. You have a lot to learn in life, it comes with time...

Old 03-06-2016, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
All lives matter...period. You say your a Christian yet fall into identity politics with your BLM bullsh*t, please bro. You have a lot to learn in life, it comes with time...
We all have lots to learn in life. I as a Christian, while struggling with my own biases and weakness, try everday. If you read the New Testament you see how the world hasn't changed much in 2,000 years with racial, religious, gender, nationalistic identity and discrimination. Its when we close our eyes to the struggles of our neighbors is when we fail. I wont preach and I wont out talk you or say your wrong. I will say I hope you have a great week.God bless. Plus all politics is what you said, identity poltics. Its just what you identify with. Its seems when people of color, gays, woman, advocate their concerns its called divisive. But if a white farmer advocates for farm subsidies, its neutral politics ?

Old 03-06-2016, 01:30 PM

237 posts, read 329,968 times
Quote:
"All lives matter" is an easy dodge. OF COURSE all lives matter.

the issue is, and always have been, that in America(and many places around this world) that black lives matter LESS. Hence "black lives matter". It's not a statement of superiority..it's a statement of equality. I'm black, and my life matters every bit as much as anyone else's. the issue is, my life has never, and WILL never, be given the full weight of it's worth when compared to anyone who ISN'T black/brown etc. that's where the BLM "tagline" comes from.

You, also, have "a lot to learn in life".

Old 03-06-2016, 01:33 PM

Quote:
I did want to answe you with anger but I am not Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies