Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2015, 03:13 PM

18,944 posts, read 13,833,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post
Airborne, I'm conservative, but I see Rubio as the republican version of Obama. Young, well spoken guy, but has no executive background in either private enterprise or public office, and is a career politician. Has not run anything in his life. I lean more towards governors or even a business dude like Trump, since executive managerial experience is an important skill for the POTUS, otherwise nothing gets done (i.e. Obama). Rubio would be perferct for VP though.
Not a bad assessment. I can see your points. Executive experience is something the president should have. Obama was a disaster from start to finish. Unqualified to lead a law department, much less the country.

Old 08-25-2015, 03:48 PM

1,491 posts, read 2,229,972 times
Trump is the only Republican I would vote for, as he's more a Huey Long style populist than a Walker type. The Pat Buchanan/Ross Perot anti-free trade wing of the party is the only side of it I can stomach.

Old 08-25-2015, 10:20 PM

7,644 posts, read 6,444,165 times
Trump is kind of like Bloomberg. He's rich and he doesn't have to take anyone's crap.

However, I not too keen on him pandering to anti-abortionists. Planned parenthood should be on every street corner. It will save costs in policing, housing prisoners, and rehabilitation of criminals. Nip the problem in the bud. I don't care if the fetal body parts gets sold. Make stem cells out of them and cure diseases and regrow body parts! Bible thumpers are no better than taliban...the only difference is they aren't cutting off heads and suicide bombing...yet.

He says he's a builder. Will he rebuild nyc penn station and finally demolish madison square garden? Will he build more hudson tunnels? What's his stance on passenger rail and the train to the plane? I'm about the infrastructure. The northeast corridor desperately needs this to stay competitive, livable, and sane.

What's his stance on the space program and renewable energy?

I think he's a hypocrite on china and mexicans. Many of his products are made in china. He's got mexicans working for him. He loves cheap labor as much as the next employer. Too me, he's pandering again. I don't think he'd build a wall even if he gets elected.

The only thing he's got going from him is that he is the sanest candidate in the republican party. The rest are all nutjobs. I'd vote for republican that got finances in order, build infrastructure that we need, and is somewhat socially liberal (like a 90's guilani or bloomberg).

I'd rather have Bloomberg for president but he's trying to repeal the 2nd amendment.

Kind of wish Al Gore would get in the race.

Old 08-25-2015, 11:02 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,600,884 times
There are lots of signs pointing that voters are sick of the same career politicians that always have to speak PC in front of voters but delivers nothing that meaningful to voters.

Obama is the perfect example how he was touted that he supported middle class and working poor. He's championed that he does not give into special interest groups but in fact he work with many powerful lobbying groups. So far none of his policies has helped the middle class at all, he helped increased the income inequalities exponentially.

Let's get rid of all these career politicians that only speak for corporations. I rather vote for one and that's the Trump corporation, the lesser evil than all other evil corps out there.

Old 08-25-2015, 11:08 PM

8,093 posts, read 6,715,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
There are lots of signs pointing that voters are sick of the same career politicians that always have to speak PC in front of voters but delivers nothing that meaningful to voters.

Obama is the perfect example how he was touted that he supported middle class and working poor. He's championed that he does not give into special interest groups but in fact he work with many powerful lobbying groups. So far none of his policies has helped the middle class at all, he helped increased the income inequalities exponentially.

Let's get rid of all these career politicians that only speak for corporations. I rather vote for one and that's the Trump corporation, the lesser evil than all other evil corps out there.
I'm starting to warm to Trump as well. The career politicians need a lesson to be taught to them. He can't be more of a disaster than 8 years of W.

Old 08-25-2015, 11:09 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,445,208 times
I love the fact that Trump is p.issing off the career politicians on both parties, I hate PC people. Trump is so rich he does not have to s.uck up to anybody its and making the phony career politicians like Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton mad.

Old 08-26-2015, 12:24 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,661,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
I love the fact that Trump is p.issing off the career politicians on both parties, I hate PC people. Trump is so rich he does not have to s.uck up to anybody its and making the phony career politicians like Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton mad.
My sentiments precisely

Old 08-26-2015, 02:08 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,902,905 times
https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/...Section_Bottom

Old 08-26-2015, 04:01 PM

15,800 posts, read 14,412,592 times
At the beginning of this, I looked at Trump as the comic relief candidate. Now I have to think he has a actively good shot of winning the nomination. If he does, the same dissatisfaction with the political establishment that's driving his candidacy now could win him the election. None of the candidates on the Democratic side look to be lighting the campaign on fire.

Old 08-26-2015, 04:47 PM

515 posts, read 873,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
None of the candidates on the Democratic side look to be lighting the campaign on fire.
Bernie Sanders is lighting the campaign trail on fire but the media doesn't want to cover him = giving him less publicity. I hope Bernie wins the Democratic ticket and Trump wins the GOP and the two go head to head. I'm a fan of different and we haven't seen candidates like Trump and Sanders getting so much hype in the past so I'm really excited about 2016 and what the future will hold for the America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies