Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2015, 10:28 AM

6,885 posts, read 9,903,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
So what if he exploited laws that he didn't write. It's business, not personal. I'd rather a practitioner fix the loopholes than some supposed brilliant academic that can't even skrew in a light bulb.
I know, I know .... keepin' it real.
So important.

Where my flip-flops at.

Old 09-03-2015, 10:38 AM

18,944 posts, read 13,838,201 times
Hey Harlem, did you vote for Rangel last time around?

Old 09-03-2015, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Hey Harlem, did you vote for Rangel last time around?
Absolutely NOT.

Day will never come.

Old 09-03-2015, 10:40 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,277,550 times
I never met a good negotiater that doesn't flip flop.

Old 09-03-2015, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
I never met a good negotiater that doesn't flip flop.
You completely misunderstood the reference, which was to the depths of sheer and stupid (and aimless) irreverence and anti-intellectualism to which this country has definitely sunk.

Whether it is redeemable remains to be seen.

Old 09-03-2015, 10:47 AM

5,044 posts, read 4,923,450 times
I hope Mr Trump do not get sidetracked by his immigration politics. As controversial a topic as it could get, it is of less importance to most Americans as long as the country's economy and job market stay strong to keep all americans busy and engaged. Trump should downplay his immigration stance and rival other candidates with his plans of how to revive US economy and reconnect with its allies and the rest of the world with better trust and respect.

Old 09-03-2015, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
I hope Mr Trump do not get sidetracked by his immigration politics. As controversial a topic as it could get, it is of less importance to most Americans as long as the country's economy and job market stay strong to keep all americans busy and engaged. Trump should downplay his immigration stance and rival other candidates with his plans of how to revive US economy and reconnect with its allies and the rest of the world with better trust and respect.
So ... I take it you are fine with a one-trick pony president. Do businessman magic, create jobs, and the invisible hand will fix everything else.

Is it a drink they give people ? food ? Is it in those plug-in air freshener thingies ? (ugh)

Interesting, given that there are actually some rather pressing issues at hand.

Which few understand due to the constant smoke and mirrors that most regard as "press coverage."

Old 09-03-2015, 10:59 AM

5,044 posts, read 4,923,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
So ... I take it you are fine with a one-trick pony president. Do businessman magic, create jobs, and the invisible hand will fix everything else.

Is it a drink they give people ? food ? Is it in those plug-in air freshener thingies ? (ugh)

Interesting, given that there are actually some rather pressing issues at hand.

Which few understand due to the constant smoke and mirrors that most regard as "press coverage."

I view a collapsing or unsustainable economy together with a downhill move in international influence as major pressing issues to all americans of all colors and origins. what pressing issues do you have at hand?

Old 09-03-2015, 11:01 AM

8 posts, read 21,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post
I love how a fortunate son Vietnam war draft dodger (bone spur in foot was his medical excuse) is calling McCain a loser for being a POW. Trump is an ahole.
McCain is a military aristocrat who coasted by virtue of his bloodline. McCain's entire premise for his political career was his heroism. The problem is McCain wasn't a hero the way Audie Murphy was a hero - someone who demonstrably defeated the enemy. Trump isn't running for president based on his military exploits - his claim to fame is his business accomplishments. Trump wasn't saying that McCain is unmanly based on being captured - he's saying that the whole premise for McCain's political career, his heroism, is half-baked. McCain's heroism as the underpinning for a political career is the equivalent of a businessman zeroing out his entire fortune and then running for office based on having bet it all and lost. We would surely laugh at such effrontery. While Trump offended a good number of people, it's pretty clear that McCain's claim to fame isn't all that.

Old 09-03-2015, 11:09 AM

18,944 posts, read 13,838,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
Absolutely NOT.

Day will never come.
Good to hear! You're no hypocrite then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies