Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2015, 02:42 PM

1,189 posts, read 1,162,536 times

Advertisements

If Trump puts the country first, won't his own businesses suffer without his attention?

At least he can't bankrupt the US, we're already trillions in debt.

Old 10-14-2015, 03:18 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,222,657 times
His businesses won't suffer, by all accounts his kids know exactly what to do. They were all raised to be hard workers, contrary to what many think, that they are some spoiled brats. They attended Wharton after all, and they can see all the Harvard/Yale anti business crowd coming from a mile away. People like that run rings around liberal law school grads.

All this talk about Trump being handed everything on a silver platter is another joke. Inherited $40 million, could have pissed it away like countless other rich kids. Was told by his father not to do business in Manhattan, that Queens and Brooklyn were more then enough. But Donald had vision and knew Manhattan would put him on the map. Guy turns that $40 million into what, alil under $10 billion? I'd say not a bad return. People bash cause of jealousy. They can't wrap they're little minds that an ego maniac blowhard can accomplish so much. Bankruptcy? Yes, used the laws that were available to his advantage and ended up even richer.

People can hate all they want. But you need someone that does not accept failure, he is a winner. The biggest thrill of his life would not only being president, but to be a success at it. And you can be sure, he will do everything it takes.

Looking at the democratic debate last night, are people serious? They couldn't shine his shoes. Hillary is a lying sack of sh*t. Give me a Trump/Cruz ticket and they are unstoppable. Say what you want about Cruz, he lives and dies by the constitution, knows it in and out. Was called by ultra liberal Alan Dershowitz the best student/debater he ever had in law school. Democrats and the establishment Republicans are shaking right now. If the GOP hates Trump and Cruz so much, that's all I need to know. Bring it, the status quo is over...

Old 10-14-2015, 04:07 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,334,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
His businesses won't suffer, by all accounts his kids know exactly what to do. They were all raised to be hard workers, contrary to what many think, that they are some spoiled brats. They attended Wharton after all, and they can see all the Harvard/Yale anti business crowd coming from a mile away. People like that run rings around liberal law school grads.

All this talk about Trump being handed everything on a silver platter is another joke. Inherited $40 million, could have pissed it away like countless other rich kids. Was told by his father not to do business in Manhattan, that Queens and Brooklyn were more then enough. But Donald had vision and knew Manhattan would put him on the map. Guy turns that $40 million into what, alil under $10 billion? I'd say not a bad return. People bash cause of jealousy. They can't wrap they're little minds that an ego maniac blowhard can accomplish so much. Bankruptcy? Yes, used the laws that were available to his advantage and ended up even richer.

People can hate all they want. But you need someone that does not accept failure, he is a winner. The biggest thrill of his life would not only being president, but to be a success at it. And you can be sure, he will do everything it takes.

Looking at the democratic debate last night, are people serious? They couldn't shine his shoes. Hillary is a lying sack of sh*t. Give me a Trump/Cruz ticket and they are unstoppable. Say what you want about Cruz, he lives and dies by the constitution, knows it in and out. Was called by ultra liberal Alan Dershowitz the best student/debater he ever had in law school. Democrats and the establishment Republicans are shaking right now. If the GOP hates Trump and Cruz so much, that's all I need to know. Bring it, the status quo is over...
You bring up a good point towards the end of your post. The establishment GOP arguably hates Trump, Cruz, Carson (and Rand Paul, etc.) even more than the (D) party hates these people.

I used to get frustrated when people would say both parties are the same b/c, as I saw it, the (R) were still far better than the (D). That said, when you think of people like Boehner, McConnell, Paul Ryan, McCain, etc., they're really not much better than the democrats. It's only when you compare the true constitutionalists like Cruz, Paul, etc. to the democrats can you say that the republicans are the clear winners.

Old 10-14-2015, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
You bring up a good point towards the end of your post. The establishment GOP arguably hates Trump, Cruz, Carson (and Rand Paul, etc.) even more than the (D) party hates these people.

I used to get frustrated when people would say both parties are the same b/c, as I saw it, the (R) were still far better than the (D). That said, when you think of people like Boehner, McConnell, Paul Ryan, McCain, etc., they're really not much better than the democrats. It's only when you compare the true constitutionalists like Cruz, Paul, etc. to the democrats can you say that the republicans are the clear winners.
Same sh*t, different pile. I have said it for years. To think that Republicans are the party of the rich for example is a liberal lie. Where do people think all the campaign money comes from for the likes of Obama, Hillary, et all? Wall Street, rich Hollywood, Silicon Valley etc. Come on, are liberals that dense? 1%, 1%, 1% is all they hate...what's Hillary worth again? Exactly. She cares about you fools as much as I do, zero.

LIS123, glad to see people like you posting. Vote anti establishment...

Old 10-14-2015, 05:38 PM

2,871 posts, read 4,792,232 times
Default Some pretty good points

Check out this short video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RW4R3N8Ju8

Some interesting points.

Old 10-14-2015, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
Same sh*t, different pile. I have said it for years. To think that Republicans are the party of the rich for example is a liberal lie. Where do people think all the campaign money comes from for the likes of Obama, Hillary, et all? Wall Street, rich Hollywood, Silicon Valley etc. Come on, are liberals that dense? 1%, 1%, 1% is all they hate...what's Hillary worth again? Exactly. She cares about you fools as much as I do, zero.

LIS123, glad to see people like you posting. Vote anti establishment...
Do you think Trump would actually have a chance to carry NY in a general election whether vs HRC or any other (D)?

I don't see it happening -- just too many forces aligned against him.

Old 10-14-2015, 05:51 PM

Quote:

Liberals aren't dense. They just form emotional bonds with the politicians they support which (IMO) is a huge (and potentially very dangerous) mistake.

I once asked an Obama supporter if he thought 1) Obama knew he existed, 2) Obama cared if he was dead or alive and 3) Obama was his friend.

He answered yes! (exclamation mark included -- it was via text) to all three. That right there proved why it's so hard to convince liberals why they're not going anyone a favor (themselves included) by virtue of their voting habits.

Old 10-14-2015, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Do you think Trump would actually have a chance to carry NY in a general election whether vs HRC or any other (D)?

I don't see it happening -- just too many forces aligned against him.
A chance yes, but NY is not likely. I will say the amount of support across political lines is refreshing. People like his message. Blacks for example, they are not all stupid. It's not hard to figure out that open borders is suicide to them. The democrats take the black vote for granted, always believing (those stupid n*ggers will always vote for us) read quotes by Lyndon Johnson for reference. Many blacks that I know have awoken and realize the lies they have been fed. They will vote for Trump in large numbers. More so then any other Republican running.

Anything is possible this election. If Hillary doesn't get indicted for yet another scandal and she is up against Trump, game over. She will not be able to withstand the onslaught he will throw at her...the material is endless. On top of which, if it's become a popularity contest like it seems, she's done. She is easily the most unlikable person running...

Old 10-14-2015, 07:30 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarbundy View Post
If Trump puts the country first, won't his own businesses suffer without his attention?

At least he can't bankrupt the US, we're already trillions in debt.
He's got kids that are supposed to inherit his business and maintain it. That's what everyone should do if they're in business is to transfer to the children or kin.

I much rather see Trump use his skills from his book "The Art of the deal" than Mr.Obama's flaky ideas and poor execution.

In 2017-2018 when Obama leaves office, whoever becomes president will have to undo and fix of Obama's mishaps and poor decisions such as Middle East, Healthcare, Trans-pacific Agreement, etc.

Majority of Obama's decisions appear to be good intentions but poorly executed and tons of abuse by special interest groups, and just terrible planning all around.

Old 10-14-2015, 09:19 PM

205 posts, read 246,760 times
It is a shame that people seem to think Jeb Bush is his brother, he is actually a good candidate with moderate views, I think he is the best candidate for President, he did a great job in Florida, and while he may not be the most charismatic he is fair and he is willing to go against the grain of his part. (IE the Republican hard stance on Immigration and Common-Core). I believe in a general election he has the best chance of any, it is too bad at-least half of the republican party are bigots, or at the least somewhat bigoted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies