Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2015, 11:22 AM

19,039 posts, read 13,955,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
HRC is as sleazy as they get but, being frank, my true resentment is directed towards those who support her and ask 'How high?' when she says 'Jump!' as opposed to HRC herself. Without people buying her snake oil, she wouldn't have gotten where she is and there's still a very good chance she's the next POTUS. People like to say they're all the same or all politicians are scum but that's not true. They're certainly not all as slimy as her to the point of even creating a 'charity' that increased her personal net worth by hundreds of millions of dollars. Who gets rich RUNNING a charity? Usually, wealthy people (who earned their money) establish a charitable organization to donate to the causes that are most important to them, not to line their pockets. Not the Clintons, though; I've heard Chelsea has skimmed millions of dollars off the Clinton slush fund.
And my Amen goes to you!

Old 12-24-2015, 11:30 AM

4,176 posts, read 6,334,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
They're not even American in idealogy any more. My last vote for president went to our current occupant. No more. Last Dem vote I will ever cast.
Good for your -- congrats! The (D) have been anti-American for a lot longer than 7 years (since Obama's '08 victory). I've heard it dates back to the JFK assassination in the 60s or McGovern campaign in the 70s. Before then, they were pretty patriotic -- if I recall, JFK cut taxes.

I never bought the (D) snake oil (it's all lies) but hey... better late than never!

Old 12-24-2015, 12:11 PM

I've always been a republican, but my friend's impassioned explanation of why Obama's first term was good for the country hoodwinked me into voting for him. I never deny it because the truth hurts and I deserve to be embarrassed for it.

Old 12-24-2015, 04:22 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,222,534 times
Quote:
I've always been a republican, but my friend's impassioned explanation of why Obama's first term was good for the country hoodwinked me into voting for him. I never deny it because the truth hurts and I deserve to be embarrassed for it.
You should be ashamed of yourself. I'm very surprised at you. Don't let it happen again
Constitution or nothing...Barry the Usurper is absolutely worthless

Old 12-24-2015, 04:46 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,750,401 times
Quote:
They're not even American in idealogy any more. My last vote for president went to our current occupant. No more. Last Dem vote I will ever cast.
The dems have shown that they are anti 2A, pro illegals, anti cop, pro tax. What's to like about them?

Old 12-24-2015, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by above average bear View Post
the dems have shown that they are anti 2a, pro illegals, anti cop, pro tax. What's to like about them?
nothing!

Old 12-25-2015, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
The dems have shown that they are anti 2A, pro illegals, anti cop, pro tax. What's to like about them?
Absolutely nothing. Since the great embarrassment of 2012, my mindset on dems is "where do I report for the fighting?"

Old 12-25-2015, 04:26 AM

465 posts, read 418,260 times
If I had to vote today, it would be for Trump. I think many are frustrated with liberalism's of today.

Old 12-25-2015, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Where2now22 View Post
If I had to vote today, it would be for Trump. I think many are frustrated with liberalism's of today.
It's not just 'liberalism's of today' we're upset about. It's the ruling class which includes establishment republicans like John Boehner, Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnell, and their ilk every bit as much as it includes liberal democrats. Remember, ALL appropriations (spending) and tax bills originate in the House, which the GOP has been in charge of for five years now.

It was Paul Ryan (R) who introduced and pushed through the horrendous appropriations bill last week. The same idiot has been talking about tax reform (broaden base, lower rates, limit deductions, etc.) for years. Has he introduced tax reform in the House? Nope! Did John Boehner? Nope! Sometimes they claim they don't do it b/c Obama would veto it (which he would), but that's OK. Let Obama veto it and expose him as someone who does not want to make our country more business friendly. As companies (Medtronic, Walgreens, Pfizer, etc.) do everything they can to leave the US, we don't lift a finger to make the business climate better for them; we actually make it worse by introducing more regulations and criticizing them for being greedy, evil, polluters, etc. What surprises me is why any company with the resources to leave the US bothers staying here. If I ran a business and was able to incorporate outside the US, I would have done it a long time ago. The companies leaving the country are not unpatriotic, but the politicians who make it impossible to thrive here are.

Old 12-25-2015, 09:12 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,069,384 times
Quote:
People who sit out elections are the cause of the politicians we get!

The politicians we have rammed down our throats are the reason people sit out elections. I got tired of choosing the least-bad alternative.
I will only vote if given a GOOD choice. It isn't likely going to happen in 2016.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies