Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 04:07 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times

Advertisements

Allen West is right:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=iaHe9PBnFdA

So embarrassing that our so-called "Commander-in-Chief" had to be shamed into lowering the flag to half mast in honor of our fallen military personnel, who died at the hands of a crazed terrorist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2015, 04:55 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
Yes he is right!!!!

But sadly Obama has his orders and he doesnt give a crap

Old 07-23-2015, 05:42 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,003,085 times
I disagree. From what I've read, it seems like a good enough deal, approved by not only the United States but Russia, China, Great Britain, France and Germany.

I recall that many were 'against' the nuclear weapon deals hammered out with the Soviet Union. Many did not trust the Soviet Union. Yet, the deals seemed to have worked. As many have said, you do not have to make such deals with friends.

Plus, I think that changes are on the move in Iran, a country of close to 80 million, with younger people making up the vast majority. An article I read in the current New Yorker magazine (by a writer living in Tehran) noted that in Tehran, population of 8 million, only about 100,000 people actually attend mosque on Fridays (they are the ones we see on television chanting 'death to America').

The 'old guard' from the days of the Revolution are getting elderly, and the youth don't have quite the same fire in their belly. Many would like the benefits of Western ways (including, I guess, the toys like ipods, etc). I believe that the Iran of 10 years hence may be markedly different from what we have today, which itself is quite different from the 1980s.

I'm not saying that those in charge of Iran will not continue to sponsor terrorism. The Soviet Union certainly continued to sponsor groups that were against the USA, including providing weapons. This deal, like the USA/Soviet arms accords, did not address such concerns.

I'm sorry that I could not directly address the remarks of Mr. West, but my work computer won't allow me to see it.

Old 07-23-2015, 06:07 AM

2,423 posts, read 2,090,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I disagree. From what I've read, it seems like a good enough deal, approved by not only the United States but Russia, China, Great Britain, France and Germany.

I recall that many were 'against' the nuclear weapon deals hammered out with the Soviet Union. Many did not trust the Soviet Union. Yet, the deals seemed to have worked. As many have said, you do not have to make such deals with friends.

Plus, I think that changes are on the move in Iran, a country of close to 80 million, with younger people making up the vast majority. An article I read in the current New Yorker magazine (by a writer living in Tehran) noted that in Tehran, population of 8 million, only about 100,000 people actually attend mosque on Fridays (they are the ones we see on television chanting 'death to America').

The 'old guard' from the days of the Revolution are getting elderly, and the youth don't have quite the same fire in their belly. Many would like the benefits of Western ways (including, I guess, the toys like ipods, etc). I believe that the Iran of 10 years hence may be markedly different from what we have today, which itself is quite different from the 1980s.

I'm not saying that those in charge of Iran will not continue to sponsor terrorism. The Soviet Union certainly continued to sponsor groups that were against the USA, including providing weapons. This deal, like the USA/Soviet arms accords, did not address such concerns.

I'm sorry that I could not directly address the remarks of Mr. West, but my work computer won't allow me to see it.
The deal has loopholes because the P5+1 are still blind without full transparency to their nuclear program and toothless without surprise inspections. We had legitimized Iran to have nuclear weapons in 15 years, in violation of the NPT and UNSC.

While much of Iran maybe young and secular, the regime will now strengthen due to relaxed sanctions. The people will become poorer and hardline policies will still be in track, while Iran continues its quest for regional dominance. Lets not forge that the Arabs will now seek nuclear weapons and their is no way anybody can prevent tinder box countries from acquiring.

Old 07-23-2015, 06:44 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Default The Iran Deal is Wrong for America - Reject It!

What a dumb idea.

And Allen West should be institutionalized.

Old 07-23-2015, 12:59 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,321,294 times
The Senate can reject the agreement to its heart's desire but the deal is done and you are never going to get China, France, Great Britain, and Russia aren't going to pay our rejection a minute of thought.

(I would argue the specific points raised by Mr. West but that would be a waste of my time).

Old 07-23-2015, 01:25 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Yes because by golly what we REALLY want to do is get involved in more wars.

If Israel or Saudia Arabia feel so strongly about it, I would suggest THEY do something about it.

Old 07-23-2015, 02:07 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,453,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Yes because by golly what we REALLY want to do is get involved in more wars.

If Israel or Saudia Arabia feel so strongly about it, I would suggest THEY do something about it.
Not everyone in Israel shares Bibi's paranoia.

Israeli Validators for the Iran Agreement

Old 07-23-2015, 02:15 PM

847 posts, read 766,496 times
This is all much ado about nothing.

Don't let the War Monger's lies confuse you.

Iran does not have nuclear weapons today.
According to U.S intelligence They do not have a weaponized Nuclear Program.
Because they are a signatory of the NPT with this Deal or Without this Deal
They can not build nuclear weapons.

everything else is just noise.

It is just political noise. political figures will suffer no particular consequence to do grandstanding on foreign policy issues.
because American people are not particularly familiar with them. and the corporate Media will just repeat whatever the Political establishment wants the American people to hear.

Old 07-23-2015, 02:39 PM

77 posts, read 100,822 times
It's either this deal or war so I'll take this deal. We've already lost too much blood and treasure in Iraq to do something that stupid again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies