Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 05:20 PM

29,452 posts, read 16,378,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
I like ike. you obviously don't
" I like ike " LOL too, but that doesnt change the fact that a Democratic congress put a veto proof bill on his desk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2015, 05:20 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,718,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
Which given that the middle class is the largest of those groups, makes them the predominant user.
I asked what they did to help the middle class. not what they did to help "society" as a whole. we have a joke in VA where I am from. "what's orange and sleeps six?" "a VDOT truck." they really aren't helping anything.

Old 07-23-2015, 05:21 PM

Quote:
that they "created" or that they use to their advantage?
that they created, put forth and passed.

Old 07-23-2015, 05:22 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,639,473 times
Quote:
that's all I had to read to dismiss you. in once instance you're just propping up the poor, and in another instance you're punishing the poor. schools are funded by property taxes. those subsidized lunches actually punish the middle class. as for the health insurance thing, I am assuming without reading it that it has to do with SCHIP. health care welfare handed to the middle class at the expense of the poor.

you've made zero point.
The question you asked was "someone tell me why anyone in the middle class should bother voting for a democrat?" (and I answered your question in detail.)

But I said nothing about the poor, subsidized lunches, or property taxes. Why are you bringing these issues up out of nowhere?

Here's my source about healthy school lunches.
GOP rejects FLOTUS in school lunch battle - Helena Bottemiller Evich and Bill Tomson - POLITICO.com

My source says nothing about subsidized lunches, instead it speaks of regulations that require more more fruits and vegetables, less sodium, and more whole grain-rich products (for middle class families children in school.)

It also says how last year "republicans declared pizza as a vegetable", ex.ex.

And as far as health insurance I concede that Obamacare has MANY problems. But still democrats support health insurance for every middle class family and their children (while republicans oppose it.)

Quote:
I asked what they did to help the middle class. not what they did to help "society" as a whole. we have a joke in VA where I am from. "what's orange and sleeps six?" "a VDOT truck." they really aren't helping anything.
If it helps society as a whole then it obviously helps the middle class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
" I like ike " LOL too, but that doesnt change the fact that a Democratic congress put a veto proof bill on his desk
apparently the republican congress hasn't let obama pass a single thing, but liberals sure are happy if something good happens in the economy. can't have it both ways.

Old 07-23-2015, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
The question you asked was "someone tell me why anyone in the middle class should bother voting for a democrat?" (and I answered your question in detail.)

But I said nothing about the poor, subsidized lunches, or property taxes. Why are you bringing these issues up out of nowhere?

Here's my source about healthy school lunches.
GOP rejects FLOTUS in school lunch battle - Helena Bottemiller Evich and Bill Tomson - POLITICO.com

My source says nothing about subsidized lunches, instead it speaks of regulations that require more more fruits and vegetables, less sodium, and more whole grain-rich products (for middle class families children in school.)

It also says how last year "republicans declared pizza as a vegetable", ex.ex.

And as far as health insurance I concede that Obamacare has MANY problems. But still democrats support health insurance for every middle class family and their children (while republicans oppose it.)
because all of the things democrats propose, prop up the poor and kick down the middle class. republicans declared pizza as a vegetable. sweet. a few years back, science declared the world as "flat."

Old 07-23-2015, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
If it helps society as a whole then it obviously helps the middle class.
so we're in agreement. democrats main goal is to create a super class of mediocre people. your insinuation, not mine.

Old 07-23-2015, 05:29 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,639,473 times
Quote:
because all of the things democrats propose, prop up the poor and kick down the middle class. republicans declared pizza as a vegetable. sweet. a few years back, science declared the world as "flat."
How do democrats kick down the middle class?

You can't just say something and make it become real, instead you have to prove it with facts, explanations, or sources.

How do democrats kick down the middle class?

Last edited by chad3; 07-23-2015 at 06:38 PM..

Old 07-23-2015, 05:35 PM

39,002 posts, read 51,001,044 times
Fmla
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies