Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 08:23 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,818,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
Yeah you're right about Democrats was the party of the KKK, but that was before integration. After President Johnson signed the Civil Rights act in 1965 all those KKK'ers that you refer to, and other racists have been voting Republican ever since. And that, kind sir, is just a fact.
Because the republicans had someone in congress who was a member of the KKK in into the 2000's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2015, 08:51 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,076,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
A Republican is walking down the street and sees a homeless guy with a sign that says "Have 2 Kids, Lost Job, Please Help" and just walks on by.

A Democrat sees this and runs up to the homeless guy and says "Did you see that!? That rich guy saw your sign and walked by and didn't even help you!" Then the he just turns around and leaves.
LOL, Republicans are rich? 90% of Republican voters such as yourself make less than 20k a year.

I bet you're also the type of guy who wears the "F the 99% t-shirts". Yeah, a 1 percenter making 20k a year!

Fact: Asians as a group have the highest household income. They also vote Democrat.

Old 08-14-2015, 08:52 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,183,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
http://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/vu...29.h529.2x.jpg

Sorry this guy had to have his eyes opened like this. I wish he had jacked Stewart against a wall, though.

Jon Stewart Told Wyatt Cenac to ?F*ck Off? -- Vulture
ok, so.

Old 08-14-2015, 09:44 PM

4,502 posts, read 4,609,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by incognitoe View Post
LOL, Republicans are rich? 90% of Republican voters such as yourself make less than 20k a year.

I bet you're also the type of guy who wears the "F the 99% t-shirts". Yeah, a 1 percenter making 20k a year!

Fact: Asians as a group have the highest household income. They also vote Democrat.
Lots of Republicans are not rich and they vote against their own best interest. Most Republicans that I know are white middle class suburbanites and most of them want everybody to believe they are upper middle class to upper class and I honestly believe that's one of the reasons they vote Republican, for social status. The reality of the situation is many have filed bankruptcy at least once, and some of those have filed more than once. Talk about living beyond ones means.

Old 08-14-2015, 09:52 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,818,000 times
Quote:

What was that?

Old 08-15-2015, 06:26 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,275,133 times
Quote:
"Horrendously" racist? Isn't that a slight exaggeration? Maybe he didn't word it exactly the right way and spoke without thinking it thru, but you know that what he said was coming from a good place. It just come out the wrong way. Cut him some slack. Who hasn't said something at one time or another that wasn't worded exactly the way it was meant?

"Horrendously" racist? Please. I hope your 6 year-old learns to recognize true "horendous" racism when he sees it, and not confuse it with this nit-picking "gotcha" kind of stuff, simply because you don't agree with Obama and Biden happens to be his VP.
Apparently you agree with Biden that black men are inarticulate, dim-witted, dirty, and unattractive.

You do realize that that is exactly what he implied, don't you?!?

Old 08-15-2015, 06:31 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,275,133 times
Quote:
Lots of Republicans are not rich and they vote against their own best interest. Most Republicans that I know are white middle class suburbanites and most of them want everybody to believe they are upper middle class to upper class and I honestly believe that's one of the reasons they vote Republican, for social status. The reality of the situation is many have filed bankruptcy at least once, and some of those have filed more than once. Talk about living beyond ones means.
Why are you lying?

Old 08-15-2015, 07:21 AM

72,979 posts, read 62,563,721 times
There are racists on the liberal side, and then there are racists on the conservative side. Trent Lott? George Allen?

Old 08-15-2015, 07:29 AM

1,603 posts, read 1,112,924 times
Quote:
Yeah you're right about Democrats was the party of the KKK, but that was before integration. After President Johnson signed the Civil Rights act in 1965 all those KKK'ers that you refer to, and other racists have been voting Republican ever since. And that, kind sir, is just a fact.
Exalted Cyclops Byrd died a DemoKKKrat and was continuously re-elected as one.

Old 08-16-2015, 07:43 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,484,998 times
Quote:

I am not sure what this has to do with what I said. It all seems so random and incohesive and in no way counters my point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies