Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: $18.30 an hour wages will lead to a LOSS of Fast Food Jobs
YES, $18.30 an hour will LOSE Fast Food Jobs 93 82.30%
NO, $18.30 an hour won't harm Fast Food Jobs 20 17.70%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 02:31 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Who cares about FDR..He was wrong then and still is now. MW was NEVER meant to live on. If that's all you can do in life you have failed.
I like how the argument goes from "it was never meant to be" to "if thats all you can do in life you have failed" when its pointed out that MW WAS meant to be.....and the response is "he was wrong" sigh

Actually, let me correct that. I don't like it, it makes me despair for humanity.

95% of you folks will be replaced by AI's and automation, If you can't beat the AI's, and do anything in life you have failed. You're almost all failures. So far I've met one person here who I think wont be replaced. He is a judge or attorney. And I am not even 100% sure he is safe.

I write software. I'm going to be among the last replaced. But even I will be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2015, 02:33 PM

3,022 posts, read 2,273,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Who cares about FDR..He was wrong then and still is now. MW was NEVER meant to live on. If that's all you can do in life you have failed.
Yeah he was only the 32 President what does he know? I am sure some random person on the internet knows more then him. Show me any evidence that min was not meant to live on you just saying it does not prove anything. I would not call it failure failure is not trying at all they are at least working and trying.

Old 07-24-2015, 03:18 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
In NY, that would make sense, that is about where they should already have their minimum wage set.

Old 07-24-2015, 03:32 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
Yeah he was only the 32 President what does he know? I am sure some random person on the internet knows more then him. Show me any evidence that min was not meant to live on you just saying it does not prove anything. I would not call it failure failure is not trying at all they are at least working and trying.
yeah, a President doesnt have to worry about making pay roll or deal with actual business economics..

So stating he was President and thus he knows it all, is actually a pretty dumb response..

Old 07-24-2015, 03:35 PM

29,520 posts, read 19,616,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Yeah we should automate everything, then there would be nobody left earning enough money to buy anything....Problem solved.
You won't have to worry about people spitting in your burger

18.30 an hour to flip burgers means you are rewarding people for not trying to learn a skill or get an education.

Old 07-24-2015, 04:00 PM

1,603 posts, read 1,113,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
lots of places have the ability to preorder with your phone. Its very functional.
I'll keep this in mind next time I'm travelling and pulling off the interstate, very convenient.

Old 07-24-2015, 09:44 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,497,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Many fast food workers are high school and college aged kids making money on the side while in school or in transition.
So what do you do to the many fast food workers who are not high school or college aged kids who are making money on the side?

Old 07-24-2015, 10:48 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Burger flippers are NOT middle class.
If the burger flippers wages go up to $15 the guy making $15 now is going to need and want a substantial increase becsue of increased cost of living... That goes up the ladder and it will be much easier to give out lower increases to the middle class effectively reducing their buying power.

Old 07-24-2015, 10:54 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I write software. I'm going to be among the last replaced. But even I will be.
$computer_programmer != 'Job Security';

Everyone's job is at risk, going to be very interesting over the next 100 years. As I see it we are at the start of the second industrial revolution.

Old 07-25-2015, 12:04 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,404,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
If the burger flippers wages go up to $15 the guy making $15 now is going to need and want a substantial increase becsue of increased cost of living... That goes up the ladder and it will be much easier to give out lower increases to the middle class effectively reducing their buying power.
Minimum wage doesn't cause inflation.

Inflation is a function of energy prices and the supply / demand for money. The supply / demand for money is regulated by Fed interest rates. Minimum wage doesn't have a damn thing to do with inflation. It simply affects the distribution of income.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies