Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 03:28 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,413,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I don't recall ever seeing a non-Muslim who commit multiple murders like the Church shooter, or any of the school shooters, or movie theater shooters called terrorists but whenever a Muslim commits the same act, they are immediately called a terrorist. What gives? I think that anyone who commits these acts should be labeled a terrorist.
Maybe because they are not likely motivated by hate for America and hell bent on death to America. They are just crazy, sociopathic, murderers.

Old 07-25-2015, 05:12 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
All these scum of the earth are terrorists and more gun legislation is not going to change a damn thing.

Old 07-25-2015, 05:58 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Maybe because they are not likely motivated by hate for America and hell bent on death to America. They are just crazy, sociopathic, murderers.
Exactly.

Old 07-25-2015, 06:30 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
When was the last time you heard any Muslim condemn terrorism, also called, "Jihad"? To this date, there are none. [i]All Muslims support and believe in Jihad.
Jihad is the Arabic word for 'struggle.' It doesn't mean terrorism. Terrorist might describe their motives as Jihad, but so could just a Muslim banker describing his situation when stuck in a traffic jam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
I challenge you to backup your statement that there are no Muslims who condemn terrorism.
What you're asking him to do his impossible. He said something doesn't exist and you can't prove something's nonexistence. The burden of proof falls on those who claim something does exist.

So here are some Muslims who are against Radical Islam and religious violence:

About Free Muslims Coalition | Free Muslims Coalition

Muslims and Islam

The American Muslim (TAM)

See, you've proven him wrong proactively. Well, I have, but I'll include you in this as I wouldn't have bothered to do this had you not said something.

Old 07-25-2015, 06:36 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
I don't recall ever seeing a non-Muslim who commit multiple murders like the Church shooter, or any of the school shooters, or movie theater shooters called terrorists but whenever a Muslim commits the same act, they are immediately called a terrorist. What gives? I think that anyone who commits these acts should be labeled a terrorist.

May be that it is to counter the Muslim's that do this that are not called terrorists......you know to keep a balance.

Old 07-25-2015, 06:42 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,565,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Jihad is the Arabic word for 'struggle.' It doesn't mean terrorism. Terrorist might describe their motives as Jihad, but so could just a Muslim banker describing his situation when stuck in a traffic jam.
An excerpt from 'Umdat al-Salik' - the sacred Sharia Law manual for Sunni Muslims:

Jihad means to war against non-Muslims, and is etymologically derived from the word mujahada, signifying warfare to establish the religion. And it is the lesser jihad.

As for the greater jihad, it is spiritual warfare against the lower self (nafs), which is why the Prophet said as he was returning from jihad, "We have returned from the lesser jihad to the greater jihad."

Page 599

http://www.islamicbulletin.org/free_...2_complete.pdf

Old 07-25-2015, 06:49 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Terrorist commit acts of mass murder with the intent to create fear and enact change (government or societal like religion).
That sounds like the church shooter to me. So why wasn't he called a terrorist?

The guy who killed the 5 soldiers wasn't trying to create fear, he was just a mental case. But because he was Muslim, he must have been a terrorist.

Old 07-25-2015, 07:16 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,565,645 times
Quote:
That sounds like the church shooter to me. So why wasn't he called a terrorist?

The guy who killed the 5 soldiers wasn't trying to create fear, he was just a mental case. But because he was Muslim, he must have been a terrorist.
The Muslim terrorist of Chattanooga, TN had a blog, which clearly shows his motivation. May he burn in hell instead of shagging his 72 virgin Muslimas.

He wrote that some people thought that the Sahaba, the companions of Muhammad, were priests "living in monasteries" but that that wasn't true. "Everyone one of them fought Jihad for the sake of Allah. Everyone one of them had to make sacrifices in their lives."

In the next post, he called for action.

Why he did it: a look at the Chattanooga gunman's motives | Local News | Times Free Press

Old 07-25-2015, 11:19 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,108,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Excuse me! The Quran instructs all Muslims to "kill the infidel wherever you find them."

When was the last time you heard any Muslim condemn terrorism, also called, "Jihad"? To this date, there are none. All Muslims support and believe in Jihad.

The silence of the so-called "peaceful Muslims" is deafening.
Thanks for proving my point. LOL
I don't excuse ignorance.

Do you have Google? Do you know how to use it?

https://www.google.com/search?source....0.rVQvCZrHMyk

Old 07-25-2015, 11:28 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,108,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
You are either misguided or in denial.

1. Yes there is a context to the wars in the Quran, but Muslims themselves believe the Jihad (holy war) should be continued till the world is living as subjugated citizens under Islam. This is mainstream Islam. Yes, not all Muslims follow this commandment every day of their lives, but denying this as mainstream Islam is a lie.

2. Yes there are Muslims who come on YouTube or TV channels to condemn terror committed by Muslims in the name of Islam, but taking into context how there is worldwide outrage by Muslims over something like a Muhammad cartoon, complete annihilation of cities by Muslims sounds like a whimper.

3. There are two major types of Jihad. Internal struggle and War to establish Islam as the rule. Within the War there are two further categories; Defensive Jihad and Offensive Jihad.

An excerpt from 'Reliance of the Traveller' - Sharia Law manual for Sunni Muslims:

Jihad means to war against non-Muslims, and is etymologically derived from the word mujahada, signifying warfare to establish the religion. And it is the lesser jihad.

As for the greater jihad, it is spiritual warfare against the lower self (nafs), which is why the Prophet said as he was returning from jihad, "We have returned from the lesser jihad to the greater jihad."

Page 599

http://www.islamicbulletin.org/free_...2_complete.pdf
I bet you don't know one Muslim. If you had, you would be dead, according to you.

Hatred is like a cancer. It eats away at you. Your hatred is as deep and no different as the hatred of extremists/terrorists of any kind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies