Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 10:04 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,216,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Broader base....nice way to put we are giving it to those who do not pay any income tax.
As long as the folks are working, it appears to be limited to those employed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2008, 10:07 AM

265 posts, read 665,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
I don't see the coverup you envision. It appears to be a pretty open discussion with some of the specifics to be worked out. They appear to have agreed to a somewhat lower amount to pay out, with a broader base.
The cover up is you have to look hard to see the story and the figures.
The media runs it's mouth constantly with their stupid blatterings about Britiany spears, but they are quiet about what the democraps have done.
I had to really search for news on this and it was decided last nite.

Old 01-24-2008, 10:10 AM

Quote:
600 isn't 300 and 1600 a couple isn't 1200 a couple with lots of kids.
Those that don't earn enough to pay taxes will be getting a check
for whatever.
If you don't earn it; it's called welfare.

Old 01-24-2008, 10:13 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,868,498 times
Quote:
Working but not paying any income tax....but getting a tax rebate.

Old 01-24-2008, 10:16 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,662,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waiting View Post
I won't be voting for any democraps that take my $ 800 per taxpayer person rebate and give it away as welfare.
As an independent voter, I'll remember them, come elections, the scumbags.
And the news media can hide this all they want; if you have a working brain, democrat, you'll remember how you were screwed out of your rebate.
Oh, come on! The whole thing is asinine anyway. Put us even further in debt as a nation just so we can all go out and buy a flat-screen TV? I'd rather see Bush cut the tax rates, or stop pouring hundreds of billions of dollars into Iraq by getting the heck out of there.

Besides, why get fired up now? Your taxes go toward funding "welfare" every single day ...

1,478 posts, read 5,083,919 times
Quote:
That's the news media cover ( up ) story.
The scumbag democrats stole my tax rebate money to give their
welfare voting block -my money to bribe the welfare crowd.
They don't give a rat's a$$ about middle income people.
You can't put enough perfume on this story to make it sound good.
Actually, non-partisan economic advisors say a tax rebate would have considerable administrative obstacles and would not take effect soon enough. In fact, the rebate might come by the time the economy is growing again which would fuel inflation. Extending unemployment and food stamps is viewed as a convenient, immediate remedy to stimulate the economy.

You sound pretty bitter about this. I wouldn't mind a bonus check, but I don't think the Dems only motive is to placate the voting bloc of the poor.

4,049 posts, read 2,741,327 times
Quote:
That's the news media cover ( up ) story.
The scumbag democrats stole my tax rebate money to give their
welfare voting block -my money to bribe the welfare crowd.
They don't give a rat's a$$ about middle income people.
You can't put enough perfume on this story to make it sound good.

When your unhappy it sounds like you blame the democrats and when your happy it seems like the republicans get the credit.

Talk about giving a rats behind,
What about the debt this countrys children and grandchildren will have to pay because of the current deficit?
The current administration doesn't give a hoot about the middle income people either.
Both Republicans and Democrats have made mistakes that cost US.

Old 01-24-2008, 10:19 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,662,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Working but not paying any income tax....but getting a tax rebate.
It's just a chunk of money the government's putting on the old Chinese credit card ... they could call it anything they wanted and just chose to call it a "tax rebate." The WHOLE THING is a handout, in other words. Run up the national debt a little bit further so you can run out to Wal-Mart, buy stuff you don't need, and put more money in the hands of businesses.

Old 01-24-2008, 10:19 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,794,317 times
Man you guys are bitter.

Can't you just accept whatever they send to you in the mail and smile and say thank you Mr. Postman and go out and spend it to do your part as an American to create an economic stimulus?

Can you drop the "envy" of the poor workers that are an essential part of our society that work hard but don't earn enough to pay taxes on?

As consumers we all still benefit from their work. They will definitely be spending the checks to stimulate the economy... which will boost your personal stocks and help all of us.

Let it go.

Old 01-24-2008, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoAdrian View Post
Oh, come on! The whole thing is asinine anyway. Put us even further in debt as a nation just so we can all go out and buy a flat-screen TV? I'd rather see Bush cut the tax rates, or stop pouring hundreds of billions of dollars into Iraq by getting the heck out of there.

Besides, why get fired up now? Your taxes go toward funding "welfare" every single day ...
Everyone a day or so ago thought it was a done deal. It was a tax rebate.
That's a foreign concept to democrats but there's such a thing out there in, I guess, my dreams, now.
It was a reality. People I talked with said ; oh the democrats will up it to 2000 a couple to look good and outdo Bush.
Ha! They are even more stupid then I thought or maybe it's their voting block that is dumber then a pile of *****.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies