Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 09:56 PM

7,777 posts, read 6,387,704 times

Advertisements

He should have stayed there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2015, 10:11 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,631,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Willis View Post
Yes, I DO think they are savages and have been duped again by the white Christian bigots' peculiar way of "love" for their fellow man. It is not decent or just to imprison someone for 14 years just because they were caught having sex with someone of the same sex. While Europeans were savaging each other with war, these Africans were savaging , selling their own people into slavery AND engaging in cannibalism. They haven't progressed much.

Unfortunately, no civilized countries will chastise the middle Eastern countries because of their oil.
;(. I would also like the civilized countries why they won't welcome all of the Muslim "refugees" into their countries? Why are Syria, Greece, Germany, Italy and Sweden doing all of the heavy lifting?
I did like this post. Made a lot of sense to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Once again, Obama didn't DICTATE to other countries on the subject. He was asked a question at the joint press conference in Kenya about gay rights and he answered the question. Big difference. Did you think he should lie and say it's perfectly okay with him to throw gays in jail? It was a very respectful and press conference on the part of both leaders.

Think Obama is gay is laughable. Quit spreading rumors.
I don't think Pres. Obama is gay. I think probably, deep down, he is ambiguous about his feelings about it but, his party is firmly on that side.

Since I have gay people as close family members, I was all for some kind of civil unions. I also don't think he was wrong to speak as he did if in answer to a question from the press.

Old 07-26-2015, 11:46 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
I did like this post. Made a lot of sense to me.

I don't think Pres. Obama is gay. I think probably, deep down, he is ambiguous about his feelings about it but, his party is firmly on that side.
Once again, it's no secret that Obama can be gay: Obama & Emanuel - Members Of Same Chicago Gay Bath House

Old 07-26-2015, 11:54 PM

103 posts, read 97,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Once again, it's no secret that Obama can be gay: Obama & Emanuel - Members Of Same Chicago Gay Bath House
Don't you think the article seems a little suspicious? If it is true, then why didn't a sleezy Repub opponent bring it up during the campaign. We already know from Bushs campaign against gays, voter fraud and swift boating that the Repubs would stop at NOTHING to win.

Old 07-27-2015, 07:32 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
I'm an old man also. I think a president that has no respect for anyone is what changed that.

CN.......
Do these words sound like that came from someone with no respect for anyone else? “Kenya is on the move. Africa is on the move. You are poised to play a bigger role in this world, as the shadows of the past are replaced by the light that you offer an increasingly interconnected world. And in the light of this new day, we have to learn to see ourselves in one another. We have to see that we are connected, our fates are bound together. Because, in the end, we’re all part of one tribe—the human tribe. And no matter who we are, or where we come from, or what we look like, or who we love, or what God we worship, we’re connected. Our fates are bound up with one another.†—President Obama to the Kenyan people: http://go.wh.gov/AfricaTrip

Old 07-27-2015, 07:40 AM

25,848 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Do these words sound like that came from someone with no respect for anyone else? “Kenya is on the move. Africa is on the move. You are poised to play a bigger role in this world, as the shadows of the past are replaced by the light that you offer an increasingly interconnected world. And in the light of this new day, we have to learn to see ourselves in one another. We have to see that we are connected, our fates are bound together. Because, in the end, we’re all part of one tribe—the human tribe. And no matter who we are, or where we come from, or what we look like, or who we love, or what God we worship, we’re connected. Our fates are bound up with one another.†—President Obama to the Kenyan people: http://go.wh.gov/AfricaTrip
He sounds like a cheap preacher in a church I would avoid except for the fact I was invited to a wedding or something like that.

Old 07-27-2015, 02:47 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,572,239 times
Quote:
Don't you think the article seems a little suspicious? If it is true, then why didn't a sleezy Repub opponent bring it up during the campaign. We already know from Bushs campaign against gays, voter fraud and swift boating that the Repubs would stop at NOTHING to win.

I would not believe any of it. Your 100% right. If it was true, it would have been all over the media by now, and every Republican out there would be flailing it like a mace. That's not the first time whacked out accusations have been made.

Old 07-27-2015, 03:12 PM

23,558 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Quote:
Really GWB campaigned against gays?
"At more than $5 billion a year in humanitarian aid to Africa, President Bush has given more assistance to the continent than any other president. His administration's aid was largely targeted to fight the major global health issues facing the continent, HIV/AIDS and malaria."

"In 2003 Bush founded the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), which guaranteed $15 million to be spent over the course of five years on prevention, treatment and research on HIV/AIDS. Under the Bush administration, the U.S. was also a leader in contributing to the Global Fund on AIDS."

Campaigning against voter fraud is a good thing. Obama weaponized federal agencies to supress the vote in 2012.

Harry Reid admittedly lied about MR to win an election. No legal, ethical consequences from the media or democrats.

Of course if you believe that the voting booth is the only place, program or activity on earth that is sanitized of fraud, you must have voted for obama...twice, worked at shovel ready jobs, kept your doctor and have a 'hands up don't shoot' tee shirt!

So what did Obama stop at?

A DOJ head who lied on a warrant and judge shopped to persecute a journalist and his family, making them an example of what happens to political opponents?

Old 07-27-2015, 04:37 PM

103 posts, read 97,563 times
[quote=Kracer;40583072]Really GWB campaigned against gays?
"At more than $5 billion a year in humanitarian aid to Africa, President Bush has given more assistance to the continent than any other president. His administration's aid was largely targeted to fight the major global health issues facing the continent, HIV/AIDS and malaria."
"In 2003 Bush founded the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), which guaranteed $15 million to be spent over the course of five years on prevention, treatment and research on HIV/AIDS. Under the Bush administration, the U.S. was also a leader in contributing to the Global Fund on AIDS."

I'm not talking about African gays. I'm talking about the purposeful mission to put anti-gay initiatives for gay American tax-paying citizens in the states as a reaction to San Francisco same sex marriage ceremonies and legalized SSM in Massachusetts. Laura Bush has even stated that she asked her husband not to make gays an issue in the 2004 Election, but he did anyway. Besides that, AIDS in Africa mostly affects heterosexuals, not gays. I really don't care about Africa's situation. We would be better off it it were wiped off the face of the Earth. Bush was very fond of wasting the taxpayers' money

Campaigning against voter fraud is a good thing. Obama weaponized federal agencies to supress the vote in 2012.

I was referring to Bush's theft of two Pres elections. The first was with the help of his brother, then Gov Jeb Bush who removed released felons and others who lawfully had the right to vote in the election. Then his Secty of State Katherine Harris who squelched all attempts to get it right. Then, of course, the Supreme Court ruling for Bush by partisan vote. By all rights, Scalia and Thomas should have recused themselves since their families stood to gain by a Repub victory. There were voting irregularities in Ohio in 2004, which tilted that state to Bush. Ohio was the state that Bush needed to win since he barely beat Sen Lerch Kerry. There were not enough voting machines in Dem precincts, forcing Dem voters to wait in long lines to vote, in some cases not vote. Repub precincts did not face that same challenge. Then, there was the Diebold scam where the votes were swiped over to Bush by some ingenious software. One of the Diebold personnel testified to this in court.

Last edited by Uncle Willis; 07-27-2015 at 04:45 PM..

Old 07-27-2015, 04:42 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
It's birther garbage. Wayne Madsen has been floating this bathhouse story for years, and like everything else that comes out of a birther's mouth, it's a bunch of nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies