Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 11:51 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
Both drivers are idiots. I've just never understood why people get so butthurt and territorial over something stupid like a lane change or failing to signal.
People who fail to signal are unsociable, possibly, anti-social.

In the case of the Chinese, just bat scat crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2015, 12:47 PM

15,632 posts, read 10,390,278 times
This weekend we took a drive to a nearby town and witnessed road rage for the first time. Two drivers, going 75+ miles an hour, were trying to run each other off the road on a two lane freeway. They did this for about 5 miles, slowing traffic to a crawl behind them because no one dared get near them.

They finally both exited the road. I never saw what happened after they got off the exit.

Some people are just crazy behind the wheel of a 2 ton vehicle.

Old 07-27-2015, 12:52 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Doyle is the type of person (many like him who post here regularly) who is such a powerless loser that his only motivation in life seems to be finding an excuse to shoot someone with his little gun/power fetish.
Please tell me more about how you personally know him to make such detailed value judgments of an individual.

If someone followed me to my house after aggressive driving you bet your ass I would be on high alert. Especially is my wife or kids were inside.

This is just another example of when you play stupid games you sometimes win stupid prizes.

Old 07-27-2015, 01:12 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Please tell me more about how you personally know him to make such detailed value judgments of an individual.

If someone followed me to my house after aggressive driving you bet your ass I would be on high alert. Especially is my wife or kids were inside.

This is just another example of when you play stupid games you sometimes win stupid prizes.
But as the posters so stated you arent supposed to go home. You have to go to the police station. Which in this didnt happen.

The situation here is one man has pulled into hos driveway at his home. Another man is out his car coming at him.

And people have a problem finding how that may be fearful to the person at his home.

Old 07-27-2015, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
But as the posters so stated you arent supposed to go home. You have to go to the police station. Which in this didnt happen.

The situation here is one man has pulled into hos driveway at his home. Another man is out his car coming at him.

And people have a problem finding how that may be fearful to the person at his home.
Seems like a lot of Monday morning quarterbacking to me.

The same thing could have happened in the police parking lot. Who even knows how far from the police station he was. It could have been on the other side of town during commute time, being stuck in traffic while someone is threatening you is not a safe place. Not to mention no one should not be allowed to go to their home for a fear of it inciting a poor decision for another person.

Old 07-27-2015, 01:22 PM

3,537 posts, read 2,735,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Just more bad tempered idiots with drivers licenses and guns.

What a wonderful country this is.
That is quite an extrapolation.

Old 07-27-2015, 01:23 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
Both drivers are idiots. I've just never understood why people get so butthurt and territorial over something stupid like a lane change or failing to signal.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
What happens when two victims of testosterone poisoning meet...

Old 07-27-2015, 01:26 PM

698 posts, read 587,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Seems like a lot of Monday morning quarterbacking to me.

The same thing could have happened in the police parking lot. Who even knows how far from the police station he was. It could have been on the other side of town during commute time, being stuck in traffic while someone is threatening you is not a safe place. Not to mention no one should not be allowed to go to their home for a fear of it inciting a poor decision for another person.
Are you implying that this was a "good shoot"?

Old 07-27-2015, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoks View Post
Are you implying that this was a "good shoot"?
If someone has road rage and follows me to my house and get out of their car to confront me I would have a reasonable fear for my life.

More details are still needed, but the basic premise of the incident seems like a good shoot.

Old 07-27-2015, 01:31 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
The ex husband of a niece on my wife's side killed a man in almost the exact same circumstances. He got 20 years.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...ge-5198286.php

When idiots collide the one with gun wins, but gotta do his time.

Last edited by whogo; 07-27-2015 at 01:41 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies