Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 07:33 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac1 View Post
This is a poster that knows how to discourse.

Fantastic post. Why do you even respond (explain) to posters like these guys? Your evidence based post will be totally disregarded and they will continue trying to spew their racists subtext post to their uneducated comrades.

Honestly because internet hate groups and hate speak is on the rise and I want to make sure that young and/or guillible people view a more sane viewpoint before jumping on a bandwagon and deciding to follow the line of thinking espoused by these posters.

Packard mentioned Dylan Roof and I think of him and other young white people often who may see these sorts of postings about "minorities" and who may be live in very segregated, all white communities without much interaction with blacks or other minority groups, and those people will believe all these idiotic meanderings and become encouraged to join neo-nazi lines of thinking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2015, 07:38 AM

2,982 posts, read 4,100,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Chase closes two banks due to low volume and minority groups conclude that it's because they're racist.
When aren't minorities crying about racism? Seriously... How is this news?

Nonsense like this are the reason I have become extremely jaded to anything short of a blatant example of extreme racism.

Old 07-28-2015, 09:23 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,820,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
When aren't minorities crying about racism? Seriously... How is this news?

Nonsense like this are the reason I have become extremely jaded to anything short of a blatant example of extreme racism.
Hey many times claims of racism have been made because grocery stores won't open in poor areas and only liquor and cash checking stores open up. Then when someone thinks about opening up a trader joes (a grocery store that sells fresh items at low prices) people get all worked up because of gentrification.

Can't win for losing sometimes.

Old 07-28-2015, 09:43 AM

20,046 posts, read 20,850,556 times
Everyone is racist. Everyone.
Don't BS yourself or anyone else.
Every person on this planet is racist or has racist tendencies.
Even if they don't realize it. We are all racist to some degree.
Get over it. Move along. I think we'd all get along better if we were honest.
At least you would know where you stand.
Nobody is closing banks or not opening stores just for the simple fact that it is a minority neighborhood. It's all about money. Money money money. If there is money to be made you're damn straight corporate America will do business anywhere.
If we all could agree to be "Americans" there would be no minorities.

Old 07-28-2015, 09:54 AM

46,948 posts, read 25,984,404 times
The more interesting story seems to be that Chase overexpanded. Can't say I'm surprised. Their branch offices have popped up like mushrooms, just as the US is finally beginning to get the idea that banking online beats standing in line. Must be nice to be too big to fail.

Old 07-28-2015, 10:12 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,775,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Everyone is racist. Everyone.
Don't BS yourself or anyone else.
Every person on this planet is racist or has racist tendencies.
Even if they don't realize it. We are all racist to some degree.
Get over it. Move along. I think we'd all get along better if we were honest.
At least you would know where you stand.
Nobody is closing banks or not opening stores just for the simple fact that it is a minority neighborhood. It's all about money. Money money money. If there is money to be made you're damn straight corporate America will do business anywhere.
If we all could agree to be "Americans" there would be no minorities.
Your racism is offensive!

Old 07-28-2015, 10:30 AM

5,717 posts, read 3,145,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
The comment was in relation to the OP. I have never seen him make a thread about white people doing "stupid stuff."
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...y-country.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ave-those.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...roosevelt.html

I'll accept your apology now.

Old 07-28-2015, 10:35 AM

1,248 posts, read 1,383,530 times
***** Chase they robbed me of $90 dollars for over withdrawing when they started to debit my account for even owning an account. Chase is racist.

hey are making there low-end costumers pay to keep money in the bank, instead of giving them interest. UCB or better yet EastWest Bank is more loyal to customs. I was getting interest on my five dollars I had left in that bank. They wanted me out when I made an draw on that account.

Are banks racist. Yes, especially when they can't give you interest rating accounts like the one I was getting from UCB before the shutdown and merger.

Chase are scumbags, and I would shut them down if I could. The biggest issue with Chase is that many people in banking get there start working at an Chase bank.

Old 07-28-2015, 10:39 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,820,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
***** Chase they robbed me of $90 dollars for over withdrawing when they started to debit my account for even owning an account. Chase is racist.

hey are making there low-end costumers pay to keep money in the bank, instead of giving them interest. UCB or better yet EastWest Bank is more loyal to customs. I was getting interest on my five dollars I had left in that bank. They wanted me out when I made an draw on that account.

Are banks racist. Yes, especially when they can't give you interest rating accounts like the one I was getting from UCB before the shutdown and merger.

Chase are scumbags, and I would shut them down if I could. The biggest issue with Chase is that many people in banking get there start working at an Chase bank.
So you are mad a chase for enforcing an agreement you signed?

Old 07-28-2015, 10:51 AM

5,717 posts, read 3,145,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
So you are mad a chase for enforcing an agreement you signed?
I think he's mad because they didn't pay interest on his overdrawn account.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies