Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 04:20 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,118,859 times

Advertisements

Why would you hang out only with people that share your political views? You learn so much more by hanging out with the other side . . .

Frankly, that is the problem with this country today. Too many people nowadays only watch or listen to the media outlets whose ideologies that they agree with . . . you know, Dittoheads. That will only foster extremism, whether you are a liberal or conservative. They can no longer put themselves in other people's shoes, and they only see things from one point of view. If you compromise on anything, you are impure and a traitor. No wonder we can't agree on absolutely anything.

Mick

Old 07-28-2015, 04:22 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,391,312 times
Narrow Mindedness really annoys me especially when it comes from the religious.

Very few Liberals start off their thread with why I don't like Conservatives. Must have something to do about class and upbringing.

Old 07-28-2015, 04:24 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,448,273 times
Simply put,..."Liberalism = Detroit"........nuf said...

Old 07-28-2015, 04:25 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,501,624 times
no I don't filter people based on their political stance or love/hate of America.

I think that is pretty closed minded.

Old 07-28-2015, 04:34 PM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I enjoy my conservative friends, and I have many, even though I am a tree-hugging Liberal. We don't see eye-to-eye, but we can discuss issues and retain respect for one another.

If you never hear an opposing opinion you never learn a damned thing. Ignorance is a choice.
Being a strong conservative, I aree with you completely.

ADULTS can have strong discussions and treat each other with respect and agree to disagree WITHOUT all the name calling.

Old 07-28-2015, 04:39 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,605,343 times
Well, the closed-mindedness and mean-spiritedness of MANY of the UNliberals I have met turns me off.

Individual UNlibs reflect the same nastiness and closed-minded approach that the Demorats emanate.

Old 07-28-2015, 04:40 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaffeetrekker View Post
Simply put,..."Liberalism = Detroit"........nuf said...
Conservatism = Appalachia, rural Mississippi, rural Alabama, Florida panhandle
Liberalism = Silicon Valley, Seattle, Minneapolis, Denver, Madison, Ann Arbor...

Is any of that really nuf said?

We need to end this childish tribalism. There are successful conservative (like wealthy suburbs) and liberal jurisdictions. There are also plenty of failed ones. How about we stop pretending one team has the answers?

Old 07-28-2015, 04:45 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,315,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I have noted that the Konservative's base most of their arguments and beliefs on emotions. Rational discussion with these people is nearly impossible. For instance they usually claim that America is great and needs either no improvement or a return of the good old days. I, as a liberal progressive, believe that America is good but could be better if we equalized opportunity to all of our citizens regardless of color, parental circumstance or wealth. I believe we could stop wasting our money on our Empire and spend the money on our own needs instead of our military command structure and greedy contractors.

I lived through the good old days before the black freedom marches and women's liberation. I remember that the most important part of being employed was not the wages but the health insurance. I remember having to choose between learning the religion of business and making a huge amount of money or studying environmental science and getting a lot of satisfaction but little pay. I retained what was left of my soul after a year on the riverboats in 'Nam and chose the latter.

I remember the Good Old Days and from my point of view they were NOT good except for a few of the racially, sexually and financially chosen. I want to create the Great New Days.
This sounds like emotion-based thinking. How does one rationally, logically achieve such objectives?

Old 07-28-2015, 04:46 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,448,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Conservatism = Appalachia, rural Mississippi, rural Alabama, Florida panhandle
Liberalism = Silicon Valley, Seattle, Minneapolis, Denver, Madison, Ann Arbor...

Is any of that really nuf said?

We need to end this childish tribalism. There are successful conservative (like wealthy suburbs) and liberal jurisdictions. There are also plenty of failed ones. How about we stop pretending one team has the answers?

and furthermore...."Liberalism = Baltimore, Chicago, Camden,Newark, St Louis, LA, Cleveland, Ferguson, ....oh hell, I could go on and on and on and on........."

Old 07-28-2015, 04:48 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,629,144 times
I feel the same way about right wing crazies. I try to not talk politics but they keep it up. So there is nothing we have in common.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies