Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 12:50 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
The far left wants open borders....as does some flavors of the far right. But really its all about the corporations and politicians.
Fixed it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2015, 01:14 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,960,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Are you going to choose to ignore the liberal side that also wants open borders for their enrichment?
Open borders for any type of enrichment is cynical and I think it must be firmly rejected, totally agree with that, PedroMartinez. We must stand together against the powerful forces of corporate greed and exploitation of salt of the earth Americans who are being treated as mere expendable pawns by the corporate elite. We need a government that works for all people, not just the billionaire class and Wall Street that pushes their reactionary agenda down the throats of the American people. People have had enough of this, from the boondocks of Arkansas to Pennsylvania and beyond. That's why I feel a man who for decades have stood up for the average worker against these corporate coups called free trade deals is the best for America.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzZuQBWj26o

Old 07-28-2015, 01:49 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Open borders for any type of enrichment is cynical and I think it must be firmly rejected, totally agree with that, PedroMartinez. We must stand together against the powerful forces of corporate greed and exploitation of salt of the earth Americans who are being treated as mere expendable pawns by the corporate elite. We need a government that works for all people, not just the billionaire class and Wall Street that pushes their reactionary agenda down the throats of the American people. People have had enough of this, from the boondocks of Arkansas to Pennsylvania and beyond. That's why I feel a man who for decades have stood up for the average worker against these corporate coups called free trade deals is the best for America.
Corporations do not make nor enforce laws, that is the exclusive purview of the government.

Our elected officials CHOOSE to sell us out to corporations and other special interests for personal gain.

The real traitors are not the corporations but the elected officials who forgo the needs of our country to pursue their own needs.

I REFUSE to pass the buck and give the number one problem, the elected officials, a pass.

Old 07-28-2015, 02:00 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Corporations do not make nor enforce laws, that is the exclusive purview of the government.

Our elected officials CHOOSE to sell us out to corporations and other special interests for personal gain.

The real traitors are not the corporations but the elected officials who forgo the needs of our country to pursue their own needs.

I REFUSE to pass the buck and give the number one problem, the elected officials, a pass.
Bwahahahhaa.

Who do you think owns the government? Your argument is like blaming the soldiers who fight in a war, and not holding responsible those who sent them.

Old 07-28-2015, 02:00 PM

594 posts, read 346,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
I don't know what to say other than this is bound to start controversy. I'm not sure if this would run good with the immigration voter block.

Bernie Sanders: The Vox conversation - Vox
Sounds like Hilary before she evolved her position, and decided the US as anation state was no longer worth defending.

Old 07-28-2015, 02:03 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,899,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
I've said it dozens of times here --- the elderly have NO PLACE in elected offices. You have no way of knowing when the elderly have lost their grasp on reality.

Currently, the Democrats are featuring three old white people. The Democrats -- the party of inclusion, diversity, and the youth --- have three meaningful candidates, one of whom is not running.

"Weekend At" Bernie Sanders --- turns 75 before the 2016 election. Old, rich, white, and male.
Hillary "Hill-Billy" Clinton --- turns 69 before the 2016 election. Old, rich, white and possibly male.
Elizabeth Warrent -- turns 67 before November 2016. Old, rich, Native American(?) female.

The wild card who isn't mentioned? Joe Biden, who will be 74 in Nov. 2016. Old, rich, white, male.
+1

Liberals hate rich old white people, yet that's ALL the Dems have to offer this election cycle.

Old 07-28-2015, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I'm somewhere in between with pretty strong liberal leanings.

And no. We should whip any of them who are adults, and THEN deport them over the border.

The far left wants open borders....as does some flavors of the far right. But really its all about the corporations.
Both the dems and repubs have sold out the welfare of Americans to greed and the benefits of what they can receive from the big money corporations, but the dems have the added bonus that Hispanics as a group tend to vote overwhelmingly for democrats.

Old 07-28-2015, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
+1

Liberals hate rich old white people, yet that's ALL the Dems have to offer this election cycle.
Agreed, talk about the old white people's party, that's all who dems want running for president on the democrat side. Hillary, Sanders, Warren, or even Biden.

Old 07-28-2015, 04:56 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
+1

Sanders is old, but he isnt rich. Which given how long he has been involved in politics says a lot about his ethics. Our representatives shouldn't be getting as rich as they are while representing us.

Old 07-28-2015, 05:37 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,034,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
Limited government to me means - that the US government should not interfere with the rights of a employee and employer to enter into an agreement for a job.

The purpose of a border is not to keep workers out, but to keep criminals out. If you make workers into criminals, the real criminals find it easy to sneak through.

Open borders would be -

If a worker wants to come into the United States and work, and the worker has a job setup that can support him - then the government only role is to do a criminal background check and give him a tax id so he can pay his taxes.

The worker must make enough to not qualify for government handouts (welfare, etc) but would qualify for healthcare/etc.

I for one don't want the US Govt telling me how much I should pay or where is the best place to find qualified workers for the right price.
You just laid out a policy that obliterates the American middle class completely. Profit before country. This is what globalism is really about, and it's basically being practiced using illegal immigration and the abuse of h1bs. What you propose would simply speed up the process, and within 10 years, the home owning, retiring at 67, American middle class would yield way to an even more top heavy 1% with 400 million serfs underneath. I guess as long as you're in that 1% you don't care, but that is a terrible idea for the long term health of the country and you'd have to be living behind walls eventually. There will be a breaking point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies