Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2015, 08:49 AM

1,603 posts, read 1,113,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Differentiated cells =/= functioning brain.

There are no brain waves. There is no person. There is no baby.
And a brain is made up of....differentiated cells.

Did an adult give you permission to speak incidentally?

Old 08-06-2015, 08:56 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvmycountry View Post
... I know you can look it up but off top of your head can you tell me the last medical research using fetus or "parts" was that resulted in a medical treatment used today? F no you cant and you know it.

So please sit down and try to think of something worthwhile to inject into this discussion.....
So, if it's not "off the top of one's head" it's not significant. How many walking around Americans know/understand the details of what medical researchers are doing?

So, FYI fetal cell research has resulted in vaccines:
Polio
Chicken Pox
Rubella
Shingles

Contributed to the treatments and advanced the science of:
Herpes
Retinitus Pigmentosa, which results in blindness
Parkinson's Disease
Diabetes
Alheimers
Hungtington's Disease
AIDs
Muscular Dystrophy
Spinal cord injuries
Gestational development and congenital abnormalities

There are undoubtedly more, this is from a short Google search.

Old 08-06-2015, 10:23 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Apparently you support taking away the rights of women in the process.....how kind of you.

Miscarriage and abortion are indeed two different events that have the same result. Why you feel the need to govern the uterus of other women is beyond me and kind of sick. Do you also feel the need to govern the penis as well?

Planned Parenthood is not profiting from fetuses, someone lied to you and you ate it up because it fit with your agenda.

You don't know PP hasn't profited any more than I know it did. Have you considered that PP might be lying and you eat it up because it fits your agenda.

The videos are still relatively new. Give it time. When some of those PP honchos give Sworn testimony, when the 'donation' arrangements with research companies are public, you'll be switching your argument to there's nothing wrong with selling fetal tissue for profit, everyone does it.

Old 08-06-2015, 10:36 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
And a brain is made up of....differentiated cells.

Did an adult give you permission to speak incidentally?
I hope you are being deliberately obtuse, it's a shame to be born that way...

The brain of an actual, living human produces brain waves due to neuronal produced electrical pulses, which indicates life. The differentiated cells that make up the "brain" of a bean sized fetus produce nothing.

Old 08-06-2015, 10:54 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
[/b]
You don't know PP hasn't profited any more than I know it did. Have you considered that PP might be lying and you eat it up because it fits your agenda.

The videos are still relatively new. Give it time. When some of those PP honchos give Sworn testimony, when the 'donation' arrangements with research companies are public, you'll be switching your argument to there's nothing wrong with selling fetal tissue for profit, everyone does it.
And yet investigations have already been conducted and determined that there was no wrongdoing on PP's part.

Why should anyone believe videos that were surreptitiously recorded and highly edited over these above-board investigations?

Old 08-06-2015, 11:00 AM

884 posts, read 716,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
So, if it's not "off the top of one's head" it's not significant. How many walking around Americans know/understand the details of what medical researchers are doing?

So, FYI fetal cell research has resulted in vaccines:
Polio
Chicken Pox
Rubella
Shingles

Contributed to the treatments and advanced the science of:
Herpes
Retinitus Pigmentosa, which results in blindness
Parkinson's Disease
Diabetes
Alheimers
Hungtington's Disease
AIDs
Muscular Dystrophy
Spinal cord injuries
Gestational development and congenital abnormalities

There are undoubtedly more, this is from a short Google search.
I didn't realize comprehension 101 was needed in this thread. Perhaps the OP could have put that as a prerequisite. Did you not notice I made mention of google as a way to get the answer to the question? My point was to have the PERSON the question was geared at think of the answer himself without internet assistance. I never mentioned some grading scale on significance based on where one got the info. Also, the question was to show the readers that people love commenting about "science and research" quite a bit on this thread, yet they have not a clue about the latest "research." In other words: FOS And thank you Ray for the google search to update the ill-informed here. Mighty nice of ya

I know its summer vacation for the kiddies, but come on...

Old 08-06-2015, 11:11 AM

31,041 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tooth View Post
A rich Republican's little darling, getting an abortion.
Well, considering that the vast # of people getting abortions are on the Left you would think those on the Right would be pleased

Old 08-06-2015, 11:20 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
Legal does not always equal moral, and moral does not always equal legal.
Morals are subjective, that is why we don't base laws on morals.

Old 08-06-2015, 11:22 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvmycountry View Post
Urban, please watch a couple of the videos before posting. Let me just ask you to do that before making anymore comments about why some of us are so upset. OK? Please?
I have, I just have no interest in sitting through the 90+ minute long video. Though that doesn't change the fact that Planned Parenthood isn't actually doing anything illegal.

Old 08-06-2015, 11:25 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
And yet investigations have already been conducted and determined that there was no wrongdoing on PP's part.

Why should anyone believe videos that were surreptitiously recorded and highly edited over these above-board investigations?
I'd like you to point out what investigations have been done regarding PP selling fetal tissue. I'm aware of investigations into the use of federal funds, but re fetal tissue, what are you talking about.

btw, the full videos are available.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies