Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2015, 09:08 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
You continue to treat the released videos as if they had not debunked: Unspinning the Planned Parenthood Video
Debunked by those who work for PP.

Old 09-02-2015, 10:59 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,260,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Calhoun is an advisor for an anti-abortion group.

That means he is not an unbiased source, as he has an agenda.
Facts aren't biased.

They are facts.

He provided FACTS.

You don't have to like them.

If you refuse to acknowledge them, because it doesn't fit YOUR agenda? That's your problem. Prepare to be called out for your lack of acknowledging facts because they don't work for your "cause", whatever it is, until you do.

Last edited by Informed Info; 09-02-2015 at 11:30 PM..

Old 09-02-2015, 11:21 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,260,457 times
Quote:
Poor analogy. Those things have nothing to do with deciding which medical treatment you choose to have and the risks involved with each treatment.

In the case of a man with prostrate cancer, he can choose no treatment, chemo, radiation, surgery.....his doctor will discuss the risks of each option and the patient can choose. The government doesn't step in and say which treatment he is allowed to have.

A pregnant woman deserves the same rights as a man when making medical decisions that will effect her health. She can weigh the risks of carrying a pregnancy to term vs aborting and make her own choice.....without government interference.
Another straw man fallacy (actually just a repeat).

You can choose many different ways to NOT end up pregnant. Not having unprotected sex is one.

You can't choose to get or not get prostate cancer.

So anything else that happens after the fact one has prostate cancer and the "treatment for prostate cancer choice" compared to and unwanted pregnancy that ends up in an abortion, is nothing other than complete bull shiit.

Use a condom. Get your shots. Take your pills. Get your implants. Don't have unprotected sex. Don't have sex.

Not exactly brain surgery.

It's absolutely disgusting that you and your ilk compare getting knocked up (PREVENTABLE) and going for an abortion to dealing with a diagnosis of cancer and treatment of.

I'm more than sure any cancer victim would prefer to take his or her chances carrying a pregnancy to full term 10000000000000x over than dealing with CANCER.

Last edited by Informed Info; 09-02-2015 at 11:39 PM..

Old 09-02-2015, 11:43 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Another straw man fallacy (actually just a repeat).

You can choose many different ways to NOT end up pregnant. Not having unprotected sex is one.

You can't choose to get or not get prostate cancer.

So anything else that happens after the fact one has prostate cancer and the "treatment for prostate cancer choice" compared to abortion, is nothing other than complete bull shiit.

Use a condom. Get your shots. Take your pills. Get your implants. Don't have unprotected sex. Don't have sex.

Not exactly brain surgery.

It's absolutely disgusting that you and your ilk compare getting knocked up and going for an abortion to dealing with a diagnosis of cancer and treatment of.

I'm more than sure any cancer victim would prefer to take his or her chances carrying a pregnancy to full term 10000000x over than dealing with CANCER.

I wasn't comparing pregnancy to cancer.

I was making an example of the choices a patient makes, choices that no one wants the government sticking its nose into except in the case of pregnancy.

Treatment choices a patient makes are PRIVATE and not the business of politicians and government.

Old 09-03-2015, 12:44 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=41&v=7bYeLo0fASU

Old 09-03-2015, 02:10 AM

884 posts, read 716,536 times
Quote:
I wasn't comparing pregnancy to cancer.

I was making an example of the choices a patient makes, choices that no one wants the government sticking its nose into except in the case of pregnancy.

Treatment choices a patient makes are PRIVATE and not the business of politicians and government.
Annie53, this is getting ridiculous. I can tell you have either had a family member go through some of what you post, you skim the internet for info, or you worked in the medical field in some capacity. Don't you see you give these comebacks that are so full of holes I could drive an 18 wheel truck through them.

Your last sentence was touched on a post or two ago by Sawdustmaker and he is correct. You don't like the facts when they don't fit your agenda. So obvious Annie, so obvious. The politicians and Gvt DO play a big role in patient care. Let me make 2 points in hopes you will stop the drive by one liners that at best are absurd and as usual completely off topic.

1) A hospital profit or non profit gets most of its revenue from where Annie? (hint its approximately 70% of the organizations gross revenue.)

2) Now look up the acronym DRG and then tell me who oversees and approves it.

Once you get an understanding of the questions I posed, I obsecrate you to recant your last sentence here and stop throwing crap on the fan hoping it will stick.

Old 09-03-2015, 07:21 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Here is a list.....the most effective, {by far} forms of birth control require a woman to see a doctor for a gynecological exam. You need to see a doctor for pills, shots, IUD's and sterilization.

Effectiveness Rate of Birth Control Methods-Topic Overview
Maybe I'm reading your posts more carefully than you write them. You said the most effective methods of bc require a woman to see a Gynecologist. To me, that's not the same as getting an exam and prescription or procedure from a general practitioner.

The point is, as the chart shows, nearly every bc method is very effective when used consistently and properly. Access is easy. Unavailability of bc is a marginal problem. A much bigger issue, one that choicers avoid, is the failure of women and their sexmates to use the bc they have or easily have access to.

Old 09-03-2015, 08:24 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,339,494 times
Quote:
Your theory was that women's cervical issues had a lot to do with women having fewer pregnancies.

Then, you posted a link that listed a myriad of reasons, none of which was abortion and cervical issues.

The rest of your post......yes, illegal abortion harms a lot of women, yet, that is what pro-lifers want for women in this country.

Sterilization in India? Too bad women in this country can't make that choice as easily.
Par for this poster's course.

Old 09-03-2015, 08:28 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,339,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Debunked by those who work for PP.
Any entity that disagrees with your RWNJ views "works for PP."

Old 09-03-2015, 08:51 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,667,243 times
I am in favor of PP and I have no idea what the original poster implies that I would also be in favor of slavery, which I am not. PP provides many services for MEN and women (testicular cancer, cholesterol, diabetes, high blood pressure screenings, quit smoking program, birth control for men and women, reverse vasectomies, etc.) Only 3% of their procedures are abortion. Some charge according to what a person can pay.

Those that CHOOSE to have an abortion it is THEIR CHOICE, not yours or mine. They are asked AFTER they make a decision to have an abortion if they want to donate the fetal remains. The research using fetal remains has been going on since the 1930's and it just became "news" because some pro-lifer or anti PP person wanted to use it for their own beliefs. Fetal stem cell research has enabled researchers to develop vaccines (chicken pox, rubella, shingles) and treatment for degenerative diseases like Parkinson's.

So to summarize my opinion if they weren't available to low income people there would be a lot more babies having babies and women who couldn't afford another mouth to feed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies