Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2015, 02:02 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,337,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifercheswold View Post
I have a question. The lefts argument for defending PP is that it provides affordable healthcare for women. But isn't that the job of Obamacare? Isn't the ACA meant to provide affordable healthcare for ALL americans regardless of race, age, gender, sexual orientation, social economical status? If we already have a government system put in place to provide affordable health care (to women too), then why does the government need to fund Planned Parenthood? Shouldn't women be able to get mammograms and other things using the ACA at clinics and hospitals and doctor's offices?

I just don't understand why the government has to fund 2 different health care systems, especially one that has proven to sell fetal tissue for profit. You can say it is used for Stem Cell research but that isn't the problem. It's that PP is a non profit organization that is profiting off selling aborted babies specimens, which is INHUMANE.

This just shows that Obamacare doesn't work.
Anyone who has paid attention knows that many people (women included) have incomes that are too low to qualify for ACA subsidies. These people rely on Medicaid services for much of their health care. The ACA provides funding for expanded Medicaid services, which would help those people (women included) get access to necessary health services. However, in an effort to thwart the ACA in any and every way possible, most red states have refused to accept the additional funding (such as the state in which I live, Florida), which leaves the very poor with a void in their access to health services. PP fills that void for many low income men and women.

That you believe that PP was actually making a profit from selling "aborted baby specimens," in spite of the myriad reports stating the videos (including the "unedited" ones) were manipulated and should not be believed ('Sting' Videos Of Planned Parenthood Are Totally Manipulated, Forensic Analysis Finds), just shows that for some people, brains cells don't work.

Old 09-07-2015, 09:15 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvmycountry View Post
I don't mean to be blunt but you are not telling the truth when you say you've read all the comments. If you had, the educated conclusion one would come to is this: Abortion babies ~ 30-36 wks for the sole purpose of "harvesting" their newborn body parts for profit is WRONG. That is the jest of our problem. Genghis Khan was a nun compared to these soulless things.
A drama queen is someone taking rumor and innuendo as fact and running with it to incite emotions and create drama.

Last edited by Annie53; 09-07-2015 at 10:27 PM..

Old 09-07-2015, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
You did.

Didn't..... I compared the right to choose treatment.

By comparing someone who has prostate cancer (that one can't prevent) and an unwanted pregnancy (that one can prevent in plenty of ways).

Again, I didn't compare conditions, I compared the ability to choose treatment.

If the "treatment" of an unwanted pregnancy is a private choice one makes and not the business of politicians and the government….then abortions should not be funded through PP or any other entity (obamacare) with federal tax dollars.
Medicare, Medicaid......government funded and do not compromise a patient's right to privacy.

Old 09-08-2015, 12:02 AM

10,181 posts, read 10,257,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
[b]

Didn't..... I compared the right to choose treatment.
Did. By comparing an unpreventable scenario to a more than preventable scenario.

Quote:
Again, I didn't compare conditions, I compared the ability to choose treatment.
Pregnancy isn't an issue that needs "treatment". It's not a disease.

Quote:
Medicare, Medicaid......government funded and do not compromise a patient's right to privacy.

So now you're going to spin the word "privacy"?

When did Medicare and Medicaid become non-profit brick and mortars that receive funding from tax payers dollars? And perform controversial "private procedures" that polarize an entire country?

Stop comparing apples to oranges.

Last edited by Informed Info; 09-08-2015 at 12:15 AM..

Old 09-08-2015, 08:58 AM

884 posts, read 716,355 times
Quote:
A drama queen is someone taking rumor and innuendo as fact and running with it to incite emotions and create drama.
Rumors are created with those two things you shovel food in. Have you even watched the videos?

Last edited by Iluvmycountry; 09-08-2015 at 09:55 AM..

Old 09-08-2015, 09:57 AM

884 posts, read 716,355 times
Quote:
Look up the term spin doctor. You have a PHD...

Old 09-08-2015, 11:03 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times
Quote:
Rumors are created with those two things you shovel food in. Have you even watched the videos?
you have a credible link to your assertion women get abortions at week 30 to 36 just to donate their babies organs to PP so they can sell them? I'll wait.......

Old 09-08-2015, 01:19 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,337,597 times
Quote:
The videos have been manipulated by the anti-abortion CMP to fool the gullible. http://ppfa.pr-optout.com/ViewAttach...nFMCvK5fVC8%3d

Last edited by ray1945; 09-08-2015 at 02:10 PM..

Old 09-08-2015, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Did. By comparing an unpreventable scenario to a more than preventable scenario.

Pregnancy is hardly the only medical condition that is preventable.

Here are a few: diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease......often preventable by simple lifestyle changes.

Many times treatment is paid for by taxpayers in the form of Medicare/Medicaid. Those patients do not give up their right to privacy, their choice of treatment is not dictated by government.

Pregnancy isn't an issue that needs "treatment". It's not a disease.

Pregnancy is most certainly a medical condition that requires treatment, if it isn't, there sure are a lot of doctors and hospitals perpetrating fraud.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/01/he...anted=all&_r=0

Quote:
Childbirth in the United States is uniquely expensive, and maternity and newborn
care constitute the single biggest category of hospital payouts for most
commercial insurers and state Medicaid programs. The cumulative costs of approximately four million annual births is well over $50 billion.
That sure is a lot of medical treatment being provided by health insurance companies and TAXPAYERS.

So now you're going to spin the word "privacy"?

How am I spinning the word privacy? Ever hear of HIPAA? What's that all about?

When did Medicare and Medicaid become non-profit brick and mortars that receive funding from tax payers dollars? And perform controversial "private procedures" that polarize an entire country?

Trying to move the goalposts? Why?

Stop comparing apples to oranges.
Not apples to oranges, spot on. Women deserve the same right to privacy that men enjoy when making medical choices.

Last edited by Annie53; 09-08-2015 at 03:31 PM..

Old 09-08-2015, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Look up the term spin doctor. You have a PHD...
So, if patient's medical bills are paid by Medicare/Medicaid, they do not have a right to privacy?

They lose their right to make medical decisions? Their doctor's do not give them choice?

How so?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies