Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2015, 01:22 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,522,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer0101 View Post
Once again you absolutely show your ignorance. While I was in an African country the neighboring rancher and his son shot seven lions in one week because they were killing his cattle. The lions came out of a huge national park that bordered his ranch. There was absolutely nothing illegal about his actions.

The more you post, the more obvious it is that you are talking through your hat.
Yeah, BS

Old 07-30-2015, 01:32 PM

13,211 posts, read 21,825,412 times
Quote:
Once again you absolutely show your ignorance. While I was in an African country the neighboring rancher and his son shot seven lions in one week because they were killing his cattle. The lions came out of a huge national park that bordered his ranch. There was absolutely nothing illegal about his actions.

The more you post, the more obvious it is that you are talking through your hat.
You're extrapolating a trend from a sample size of one, and I'm the ignorant one? Ho, ho, ho.

Ok, smart guy. If killing lions on your own land without a permit is legal, then why was the rancher Honest Ndlovu arrested?

Old 07-30-2015, 01:43 PM

1,219 posts, read 1,755,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post
The worst breeders are in the very place where the sainted Lion lived. What should you and I, as concerned stewards of the entire planet, do to these over-breeding savages who are decimating our (thier) (my) planet?

It's a real problem that demands a real (quick) solution. What's your plan?
My solution is probably not the best humans can come up with, but off the top of my head we could provide easy and cheap contraception to women in these countries with high birth rates. Also, have honest discussions with these same women about sustainable family planning, including honest discussions about the pros and cons of abortion.

Of course there is a large segment of the U.S., especially the religious, that would throw a fit if American aid went to anything that was even remotely connected to birth control. in other words, it's never gonna happen.

Old 07-30-2015, 02:00 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,528,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
You're extrapolating a trend from a sample size of one, and I'm the ignorant one? Ho, ho, ho.

Ok, smart guy. If killing lions on your own land without a permit is legal, then why was the rancher Honest Ndlovu arrested?
You said killing lions was illegal. You were wrong. You can squirm and wiggle as much as you like, you are still wrong. You quote from bigoted sources and think it is relevant. In short a complete waste of time and utterly ignorant. I could explain the difference with Honest Ndlovu but you would be incapable of understanding my answer.

Old 07-30-2015, 02:01 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,561,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
I hope so, too, and that would be getting off easy.
Why should he lose his license as a dentist? One thing has nothing to do with other even assuming he's guilty, which at this point we don't know.

"Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted."

Unfortunately to him, the Internet mob has already destroyed his life out of no good reason.

Old 07-30-2015, 02:02 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,528,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatDJohns View Post
My solution is probably not the best humans can come up with, but off the top of my head we could provide easy and cheap contraception to women in these countries with high birth rates. Also, have honest discussions with these same women about sustainable family planning, including honest discussions about the pros and cons of abortion.

Of course there is a large segment of the U.S., especially the religious, that would throw a fit if American aid went to anything that was even remotely connected to birth control. in other words, it's never gonna happen.
I bet you have never been outside the country, if you can make a statement like that it would be astonishing if you'd have any exposure whatsoever.

Old 07-30-2015, 02:02 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,561,042 times
Quote:

Just another example of that the biggest threat to lions is human invading their habitat.

So, if you love lions, start with yourself first.

Old 07-30-2015, 02:05 PM

13,211 posts, read 21,825,412 times
Quote:
You said killing lions was illegal. You were wrong.
You're right, I should have said "killing lions without a permit is illegal". I misspoke. Sue me. It should have been PAINFULLY OBVIOUS from my other contributions in this thread that I'm fully aware that trophy hunting is perfectly legal. Wrong, but legal. Was it really THAT important to you to catch my typo by calling me ignorant? Sheesh. Get a life, man.

Besides, the context was FARMERS KILLING LIONS. Clearly they are not obtaining hunting licenses for that, and it THAT IS ILLEGAL.

Old 07-30-2015, 02:25 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,676,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
His club, Safari Club International suspended both the dentist and his guide.

US Officials Want Dentist Who Admitted to Killing Cecil the Lion to Contact Them 'Immediately' - ABC News

Their website has quotes from John Muir, Ernest Hemingway and Tedy Roosevelt all who are rolling over in their graves.

Looks like they have a scorecard like a baseball game but they do donate some funds to anti-poaching. It would be better to just donate money the World Wildlife Fund or various other organizations to protect these lions.

Safari Club International
They could create a loin petting zoo, this way dentists could walk right up to the lion being pet by his guide, and shoot his lion with a clean kill shot.

Old 07-30-2015, 02:30 PM

1,615 posts, read 1,641,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatDJohns View Post

So how do we make the journey from trophy hunting to birth control of the population? Your for real?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies