Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2015, 09:27 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Really, compose yourself. You're appalled because he broke the law in a foreign country. I agree. But now you want to break the law.
Yeah, I admitted that post was over the top.

//www.city-data.com/forum/40637397-post337.html

Old 08-01-2015, 06:35 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
What are you not understanding? The cattle farmers raise and "put a BOLT TO THE HEAD" to sustain our society. The only reason those cows exist is to feed us.... survival purposes.

Like I said before in this thread... If the dude was killing the lion for survival reasons, then awesome, more power to him... again... survival purposes. But he didn't. He killed it to put its head on his wall.

What are you not understanding? I said I don't agree with that type of hunting....

In this case it was not his fault he killed that particular lion, it was the guides fault....

And oh yea, who gave him permission to hunt? What was that 50k for?

I'm just gonna say that you approve of the death threats of the dentist since you REFUSE to answer that question. That figures though...

Old 08-01-2015, 06:56 AM

3,051 posts, read 2,598,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
What are you not understanding? I said I don't agree with that type of hunting....

In this case it was not his fault he killed that particular lion, it was the guides fault....

And oh yea, who gave him permission to hunt? What was that 50k for?

I'm just gonna say that you approve of the death threats of the dentist since you REFUSE to answer that question. That figures though...
Probably some other humans gave him permission... Was I supposed to refrain from acknowledging that?

However, that goes back to my main point. Why should humans have the right to give other humans the permission to kill other life forms?

The celebrity nature of the lion isn't what bothers me. It's the hypocritical nature of humans, and our complete disregard for all life other than our own.

Old 08-01-2015, 06:59 AM

Here is a great article...it starts off with "Lion murderer Walt Palmer is an *******"

So most of you will like that, however it then goes into common sense, which maybe hard for people to grasp that in Africa this type of hunting brings in millions, possibly billions of $$$$

Lion Murderer Walt Palmer Has Done More For Conservation Than You Have

And don't worry about this either:

Quote:
“According to a 2005 paper by Nigel Leader-Williams and colleagues in the Journal of International Wildlife Law and Policy the answer is yes. Leader-Williams describes how the legalization of white rhinoceros hunting in South Africa motivated private landowners to reintroduce the species onto their lands. As a result, the country saw an increase in white rhinos from fewer than one hundred individuals to more than 11,000, even while a limited number were killed as trophies.”

Old 08-01-2015, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Here is a great article...it starts off with "Lion murderer Walt Palmer is an *******"

So most of you will like that, however it then goes into common sense, which maybe hard for people to grasp that in Africa this type of hunting brings in millions, possibly billions of $$$$

Lion Murderer Walt Palmer Has Done More For Conservation Than You Have

And don't worry about this either:
Everything with you is about money.

I hope you aren't religious, because you're gonna have a ****ty judgment day.

Old 08-01-2015, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Probably some other humans gave him permission... Was I supposed to refrain from acknowledging that?

However, that goes back to my main point. Why should humans have the right to give other humans the permission to kill other life forms?

The celebrity nature of the lion isn't what bothers me. It's the hypocritical nature of humans, and our complete disregard for all life other than our own.
That debate is like the "what came first the chicken or the egg"

It will never be answered....

Old 08-01-2015, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Everything with you is about money.

I hope you aren't religious, because you're gonna have a ****ty judgment day.
Just pointing out the obvious that you and many others fail to see...talk about hypocritical.

No need to worry about me, I've done plenty in my life to not have to worry about anything when that day comes.

You agreeing with the death threats though, seems you may have a ****ty judgement day when that day comes for you....

Old 08-01-2015, 07:12 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
The liberal media will latch onto any molehill they can twist in to a mountain to distract attention away from stories like Planned Parenthood selling dead baby parts, that paint the left in a (deservedly) bad light.

Old 08-01-2015, 07:16 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
If anyone would like to sign the petition to extradite Walter Palmer, here's a link.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...stice-zimbabwe

Old 08-01-2015, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Just pointing out the obvious that you and many others fail to see...talk about hypocritical.

No need to worry about me, I've done plenty in my life to not have to worry about anything when that day comes.

You agreeing with the death threats though, seems you may have a ****ty judgement day when that day comes for you....
How am I being hypocritical? When did I ever say I agree with the death threats?

Also, I am waiting for you to start telling me how important unborn babies are.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies