Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2015, 11:24 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,033 times

Advertisements

If this really happened, then the people (including black people) that frequent that restaurant should protest to get her job back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2015, 11:26 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,288,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepingquiet View Post
She could have easily asked for a name for the order. If they asked why she could have said she was knew there and it would have helped her bring back the correct order in a timely manor. Jones table #6 would have also reenforced the table number in her head helping her memorize them more quickly. Most customers view asking for a name as a personal and excellent form of customer service. People like to hear there name.
Why do you have to complicate black couple. Its nothing racist about ot until a piece of crap human being had to make it a big deal and get whitey fired.

Kimberly with a i is a piece of crap human being.

Old 07-29-2015, 11:26 AM

24,204 posts, read 19,188,286 times
If you are server who can't remember your table numbers, you need to find a different line of work.

Old 07-29-2015, 11:27 AM

1,136 posts, read 922,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Come live in Texas for a while and you'll understand.
I lived in Dallas for 18 months and currently live in Houston. I love the city of Houston. Its very diverse and not as racially segregated as Dallas. Getting a hair cut as a black man in Texas isn't as easy as it was in Florida though. In South Florida most barbers have no problem cutting black hair. In Texas most non black barbers look at me like I am crazy if I walk into the barbershop. This goes for whites, asians and hispanics. I have been told several times in Texas we don't cut your kind of hair here, once from a white women and multiple times from Hispanic women.

Old 07-29-2015, 11:29 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
She's naïve and made a mistake, and she could have learned what you described without being fired. If I were that couple, I would feel pretty bad that I had a part in someone being fired. They should step and request she get her job back.
Agree.

Old 07-29-2015, 11:30 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,677,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
When the Hispanics take over they are not going to put up with this PC crap I'll tell you.
No walking on eggshells around them. And personally I prefer it that way.
Mehicans, takin back Merica one white womens and one disjointed negro liberal at a time.

Old 07-29-2015, 11:30 AM

1,136 posts, read 922,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
Why do you have to complicate black couple. Its nothing racist about ot until a piece of crap human being had to make it a big deal and get whitey fired.

Kimberly with a i is a piece of crap human being.
Its really sad that you see a way for her to better her customer service as well as learn the tables more quickly as being too complicated.

Old 07-29-2015, 11:32 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,156,553 times
It's amazing how easily you folks are offended that someone else is offended. Of course, you always seem to think that the person being offended should have a thicker skin... But then you are not the ones being repeatedly insulted or reduced to a stereotype or being referenced by a simplistic description.

This one may be a minor example, but we all know there are worst descriptions applied to people all the time. And although "black couple" is not very offensive, it just may be the straw that broke the camel's back.

Maybe if you were more exposed to this yourselves you would feel differently; but then you'd loose the opportunity to complain once more about the horrible things black people do.

Last edited by blktoptrvl; 07-29-2015 at 11:42 AM..

Old 07-29-2015, 11:33 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Quote:
I lived in Dallas for 18 months between 2011-2012 and have lived in Houston since the end of 2013. I love the city of Houston. Its very diverse and not as racially segregated as Dallas. Getting a hair cut as a black man in Texas isn't as easy as it was in Florida though. In South Florida most barbers have no problem cutting black hair. In Texas most non black barbers look at me like I am crazy if I walk into the barbershop. This goes for whites, asians and hispanics. I have been told several times in Texas we don't cut your kind of hair here, once from a white women and multiple times from Hispanic women.
That is true since Blacks are a much smaller minority than Hispanics.
Black women though don't seem to have a problem. They must have a network.

And I'm always in total awe at what Black women can do with their hair.
Me..fine, thin hair that can't hold a curl and has to be washed every day.

Old 07-29-2015, 11:33 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,439,195 times
Quote:
Its really sad that you see a way for her to better her customer service as well as learn the tables more quickly as being too complicated.
I think you are just looking for things to be offended about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies