Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2015, 04:35 PM

1,136 posts, read 923,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Ok, if I don't have to be called "White" anymore.
I don't make it a habit of walking around referring to people by their race alone. That's vague as all get out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2015, 04:47 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,894,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Very silly reason to make a big deal out of it. Nothing wrong with calling black people black (I'm black). Now if they would have said "gorilla table" or "N__er couple" then I can see issues with that, but not this. The manager IMO went overboard trying to look PC and "accepting." He shouldn't have fired the waitress IMO.

Reading this put images of Zera and Cornelius in my head - don't do it again.

It was a bit dramatic. Imagine the horror if a black waitress put white couple on a ticket.

I would be glad they knew who was who. What if they ordered steak and the waitress brought them fried chicken instead? Would that have humiliated and frustrated her?
People are insane these days and PC has enabled the madness. I see too many people apologizing for saying something that meant nothing - the PC police have made it so people are half afraid to open their mouths for fear of hurting another's imaginary feelings. Those feelings wouldn't be there to hurt if the PC police hadn't cut them open and rubbed salt into the open wounds already. They then keep reminding us to watch out for more salt.

Progressive liberals can make a shi**y day even worse...they somehow succeed at that.
If an earthquake, hurricane, tornado, blizzard and tsunami hit the USA in a 24hour span they would blame it on AGW/CC and then point to the sky and claim if a comet hit us we are responsible for that as well.

Old 07-29-2015, 04:49 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
So......
Patrick's is an upscaled sports bar - open for Lunch, early happy hour, Dinner, late happy hour.
The "offended, humiliated, frustrated & angry" was seated at a cocktail table by the door in the bar area. The ticket with the outrageous, offensive and so not 2015" designation for ONE drink for the Black Couple in the Bar -Order was for a Hendricks @ $6.50 + tax. Time Stamp - 9:38pm

After "offended, humiliated, frustrated & angry" complained to the manager - the manager gave them a voucher for 2 drinks + appetizer and they flounced out to find a TV Station to give an interview to about how "offended, humiliated, frustrated & angry" they were.

The owner crawls almost in tears with an interview the next day, Facebook Mea Culpas to the Max and the Waitress Fired + a full range of Diversity Training for all employees, both front and back. Patrick get's over 1,000 postings on his Facebook (can't delete them fast enough) and a string of Negative reviews & 'outrage' on the Restaurant review sites. I even saw a video News clip on an Atlanta, GA TV Station.

I'd say that "offended, humiliated, frustrated & angry" felt she got her money's worth for ONE glass of Gin.
Well Done!

Old 07-29-2015, 04:53 PM

1,136 posts, read 923,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Reading this put images of Zera and Cornelius in my head - don't do it again.

It was a bit dramatic. Imagine the horror if a black waitress put white couple on a ticket.

I would be glad they knew who was who. What if they ordered steak and the waitress brought them fried chicken instead? Would that have humiliated and frustrated her?
People are insane these days and PC has enabled the madness. I see too many people apologizing for saying something that meant nothing - the PC police have made it so people are half afraid to open their mouths for fear of hurting another's imaginary feelings. Those feelings wouldn't be there to hurt if the PC police hadn't cut them open and rubbed salt into the open wounds already. They then keep reminding us to watch out for more salt.

Progressive liberals can make a shi**y day even worse...they somehow succeed at that.
If an earthquake, hurricane, tornado, blizzard and tsunami hit the USA in a 24hour span they would blame it on AGW/CC and then point to the sky and claim if a comet hit us we are responsible for that as well.
Kind of like how gays and women in the workforce were blamed for 9/11

Old 07-29-2015, 04:56 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
So......
Patrick's is an upscaled sports bar - open for Lunch, early happy hour, Dinner, late happy hour.
The "offended, humiliated, frustrated & angry" was seated at a cocktail table by the door in the bar area. The ticket with the outrageous, offensive and so not 2015" designation for ONE drink for the Black Couple in the Bar -Order was for a Hendricks @ $6.50 + tax. Time Stamp - 9:38pm

After "offended, humiliated, frustrated & angry" complained to the manager - the manager gave them a voucher for 2 drinks + appetizer and they flounced out to find a TV Station to give an interview to about how "offended, humiliated, frustrated & angry" they were.

The owner crawls almost in tears with an interview the next day, Facebook Mea Culpas to the Max and the Waitress Fired + a full range of Diversity Training for all employees, both front and back. Patrick get's over 1,000 postings on his Facebook (can't delete them fast enough) and a string of Negative reviews & 'outrage' on the Restaurant review sites. I even saw a video News clip on an Atlanta, GA TV Station.

I'd say that "offended, humiliated, frustrated & angry" felt she got her money's worth for ONE glass of Gin.
Well Done!
Seeing they get free food for the rest of their lives this manager can now grovel to them on a recurring basis. Seeing them walk through the door will be hell on that restaurant because these people played the race card and won.

Old 07-29-2015, 04:57 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
It already happens in Mexico; out in the open and on a daily basis.

PRESIDENT OF MEXICO BARS IMMIGRANTS ON RACIAL GROUNDS, ACCUSES AMERICANS OF RACISM FOR OPPOSING ILLEGAL MIGRATION
Mexico bars foreigners if they upset “the equilibrium of the national demographics.
There is no proof of this at all. The accusation that your sight linked to was removed. But, the old URL was left behind and there's ONLY ONE place where this "proof" originated from, and it's Michele Malkin's blog, very very oft quoted across the right-wing interwebs as some kind of proof and there is literally no other source to back up her claims. Do any Google Search on how Mexico treats illegals, Mexico's racist immigration system, etc. etc., and they all lead back to Malkin and she's as reliable as WorldNutDaily

Old 07-29-2015, 05:10 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Going to have to read my bill more carefully from now on.
I wouldn't mind free food for life from Denny's
I think I'd set my sights a little higher...

Old 07-29-2015, 05:22 PM

1,603 posts, read 1,113,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
There is no proof of this at all. The accusation that your sight linked to was removed. But, the old URL was left behind and there's ONLY ONE place where this "proof" originated from, and it's Michele Malkin's blog, very very oft quoted across the right-wing interwebs as some kind of proof and there is literally no other source to back up her claims. Do any Google Search on how Mexico treats illegals, Mexico's racist immigration system, etc. etc., and they all lead back to Malkin and she's as reliable as WorldNutDaily
The abuse of South and Central American migrants in Mexico is well documented.

Quote:
“We demand that they [Americans] treat us well, and we are incapable of treating Central Americans well.”

[Exigimos que a nosotros nos traten bien, y somos incapaces de tratar bien a los centroamericanos.] (Presidente promete `pelear` por los paisanos by Jose Luis Ruiz, Universal, March 29th, 2006)
Memo From Mexico | More Hypocrisy: How Mexico Handles Its Own Illegal Immigration | VDARE - premier news outlet for patriotic immigration reform

Worth a good long read.

Old 07-29-2015, 05:23 PM

3,022 posts, read 2,274,221 times
This couple does want to be called black in a restaurant but I am sure if someone asked them what race they were or they were asked to fill out a form and put what race they were they would put black. It seems they only want to be black when it benefits them.

Old 07-29-2015, 05:34 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,260,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
So......

Well Done!
I once worked with an African American Black and he had a trick he said he played in restaurants. In his wallet, he had a little folder and he kept a dozen or so pubic hairs in it. About 1/2 to 2/3 way thru his mill, he would drop one onto his meal and call the waitress/waiter and point it out. He said it always resulted in at least a free meal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies