Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 06:05 PM

614 posts, read 1,237,718 times

Advertisements

I love soul food and I frequent many soul food places. And many times have I heard the workers there refer to non black folks as who they are including myself. That white guy, that Asian lady, etc etc. Not one time did I hear any them get all bent out of shape nor did I. So for those who are offended by the black couple getting called black couple, get a grip! You're the ones spreading racism!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2015, 06:11 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcatheart View Post
I love soul food and I frequent many soul food places. And many times have I heard the workers there refer to non black folks as who they are including myself. That white guy, that Asian lady, etc etc. Not one time did I hear any them get all bent out of shape nor did I. So for those who are offended by the black couple getting called black couple, get a grip! You're the ones spreading racism!
This PC-stuff is so extreme nowadays. I don't know why so many businesses are on board the PC train to no where. I known some black people who are really into black stuff to go by the nickname "The Black guy". Europeans have been called the white man, pale face etc at least since when first arrived here in 1600.

Soul food got me thinking of something. Good thing this woman wasn't a guest on Piper's Pit in the mid '80's lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc8ewByCsKM

Old 07-30-2015, 06:19 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
I explained the connection as it is plain as day to see. It's an agenda for you and the others. If it is ok to use racial descriptors AT ALL, it's ok to use them ANYWHERE. Get it? I doubt it because agenda trumps common sense.
You act as if you don't have an agenda.

Old 07-30-2015, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Might as well start calling them the "N" word again, since they're offended by everything.
It's nice to see your honesty.

Old 07-30-2015, 06:25 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Try emailing the restaurant and asking. I'm sure she must have used descriptions for the White people as well since she couldn't remember the table numbers.

writing big kraka with baseball cap on the slip isn't news, writing big black man with baseball cap is..

Old 07-30-2015, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
I wouldn't. I wouldn't care one bit. I'm not a softy like most people are today. If I was standing at a bar and there were all black people around me and the bartender was wondering who the drink was for and someone said the "white guy over there" I wouldn't even blink.
Since you're not a "softy like most people are today", why don't you go over to NE D.C. and have this same conversation?

Old 07-30-2015, 09:04 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
The best part is "I'm going to bring in a consultant for some diversity training". It's like Pavlov's Dog these days "Diversity Consultants" must be what the college majors in ethnic/gender studies do and god knows theres a ton of them being churned out with no other work to do.

Old 07-30-2015, 09:42 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i'm starting to feel sorry for you. you sound like a stuck record.

You have no point.

Carry on

Old 07-31-2015, 05:45 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
WTF?
is this really so horrible?
A St. Louis-area waitress was fired recently after she referred to a black couple as “black couple” on a receipt.

According to local Fox affiliate KTVI, Kimberli Wilson and a friend were at Patrick’s Westport Grill when she saw the words. “Totally, totally humiliated,” she said. “I was frustrated, I was angry, I was thinking, ‘Really, are we still doing this in 2015?'”

The waitress explained that she only used the term because she was unable to remember her table numbers. But Wilson said she should have used a different term. “She could have said first table, table at front door, man with coral shirt. There are so many other options that she could have chosen other than that. That’s unacceptable.”

Owner Patrick Hannon apologized and fired the waitress in question. “I’m also going to bring in a consultant to give some diversity training so we all understand what it’s all about,” he told KTVI.
Waitress Fired For Calling Black Couple 'Black Couple' | Mediaite

'totally humiliated'?

someone needs to put on their big-girl britches.
The owner is a full of it.
In the article it was explained indirectly why she was fired, The waitress explained that she only used the term because she was unable to remember her table numbers.
Plain and simple she wasn't very good at her job.

Old 07-31-2015, 06:32 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Since you're not a "softy like most people are today", why don't you go over to NE D.C. and have this same conversation?
How about you take a class on logic and reason instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies