Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 07:16 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,064,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
If I were stopped by a College Cop-off campus from the College-you are DAMN RIGHT I would drive the hell away.
And you would be eventually stopped and probably arrested... but try it and report back how that worked out....most if not all universities have concurrent jurisdictions and mutual aid with the areas in which they are geographically based.

There are lots of police in our society that aren't city police or county deputies... thousands of them.. from thousands of different agencies. You don't get to choose on the side of the road which one in your mind is legitimate.

I have met some very professional and highly trained college police officers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2015, 08:06 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,011,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
It hard to imagine how a University Cop would feel the "right" to draw his weapon in this case let alone shoot the unarmed man. Sure the guy had a bottle, sure he has been held responsible for DUI and DWL many times. Get him off the road. But to attempt to pull him from the car without reason and to draw and fire and then LIE about being dragged by the car?

This cop had a very good record with commendations. It's hard to fathom why he did what he did.
It's that blue wall. I'm sure he hired on with good intentions, but the old cops inculcate the new ones with cynicism and an "us against them" attitude view of the public at large. The once earnest cops then become arrogant and drunk on power.

It took this guy a year to blow someone away...something that most hardcore experienced street cops that handle the worst of the worst criminals rarely ever do in their careers. That's what's so astounding about this case.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
This is why you comply with police. You may be shot dead if you dont.
Comply or die, eh?

Old 07-30-2015, 08:12 PM

13,279 posts, read 7,809,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
This is why you comply with police. You may be shot dead if you dont.
Or even if you do.

Depends on the cop's mood.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Or even if you do.

Depends on the cop's mood.
Yep. Better hope the cop doesn't hate cigarettes.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:48 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,955,461 times
If you have had over 70 criminal charges, 13 children, did time for drug trafficking, refused to give credentials, tried to flee, you sir are a bad apple.

Let's stop the BS already. Keep defending thugs and nothing will change. Sure he didn't deserve to die but he should not have been driving a vehicle and should have been on house arrest.

All this my people, my people, black lives matter BS. How about black folk take responsibility. He is lucky he made it this far...

70 charges and you think you are going to stick around? Where is god in this story?

Some of you people are falling for this mumbo jumbo. Maybe if we all sit these thugs down and set them straight, maybe this stuff won't happen. When I was growing up in Queens, my Haitian grandmother would spank the heck out of me if I even stepped outside without asking...

Old 07-30-2015, 08:53 PM

7,572 posts, read 5,285,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
How about black folk take responsibility.
Better question, how about cops taking responsibility, because we aren't talking about some beat down, we're talking about murder plain and simple.

Old 07-30-2015, 09:09 PM

7,572 posts, read 5,285,046 times
You know it never ceases to amaze me how conservatives who are so concerned about the rule of law and the Constitution are so willing to toss both in the trash when it comes to crimes committed by the police. Forget the Due Process Clause, forget that no one is to be deprived of life, or liberty without the due process of the law. The rule of thumb seems to be, do what you're told or run the risk of being shot down in the street. That is a police state, not a constitutional democracy.

Old 07-30-2015, 09:19 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,802,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
You know it never ceases to amaze me how conservatives who are so concerned about the rule of law and the Constitution are so willing to toss both in the trash when it comes to crimes committed by the police. Forget the Due Process Clause, forget that no one is to be deprived of life, or liberty without the due process of the law. The rule of thumb seems to be, do what you're told or run the risk of being shot down in the street. That is a police state, not a constitutional democracy.
It never ceases to amaze me how liberals who are supposedly so concerned about the police following the rule of law and procedures are so willing to toss both in the trash when it comes to crimes committed by non-white police or against whites.

If the officer had been black or the victim white...crickets.

Old 07-30-2015, 09:42 PM

50,217 posts, read 23,838,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
If you have had over 70 criminal charges, 13 children, did time for drug trafficking, refused to give credentials, tried to flee, you sir are a bad apple.

Let's stop the BS already. Keep defending thugs and nothing will change. Sure he didn't deserve to die but he should not have been driving a vehicle and should have been on house arrest.

All this my people, my people, black lives matter BS. How about black folk take responsibility. He is lucky he made it this far...

70 charges and you think you are going to stick around? Where is god in this story?

Some of you people are falling for this mumbo jumbo. Maybe if we all sit these thugs down and set them straight, maybe this stuff won't happen. When I was growing up in Queens, my Haitian grandmother would spank the heck out of me if I even stepped outside without asking...

I haven't really seen anyone post here who has defended him. Virtually everybody has said he deserved to be arrested. But NOT shot to death.

So when you say, "black lives matter BS", you mean Black lives do not matter?

He should have been on house arrest. I can buy that. But had he been placed on house arrest?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies