Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2015, 07:10 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,896,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
Unless you have breast fed yourselves, you have NO idea what discomfort it is when your baby is overdue to nurse and your breasts are engorged with milk. It feels like you have two hard, painful grapefruits sitting on your chest. It is not only painful, but they leak and your whole bra and shirt front gets wet if the leaking milk saturates the absorbant nipple pads. Would Trump rather see this happen?

I'm sure she could focus on nothing else but to find relief, PLUS she has EVERY right to feed her child or express her milk.
I breastfed for 18 months.

I did NOT TAKE ON a HIGH PROFILE case 3 months after my baby was born.

I did NOT SCHEDULE BREAKS then pretend to need extras.

As YOU should know, your breasts are ON A SCHEDULE, TOO.

If she had to go pump, she COULD HAVE simply left the room instead of grandstanding pulling out the pump.

WHO even brings their pump in the room? LMFAO HILARIOUS grandstanding.

AND, BTW, I was a professional witness and have done HUNDREDS of house of depositions.

Have you? Since you're asking credentials, and all.

I think you don't even understand a DEPOSITION is simply a bunch of lawyers and witnesses in a room. Being taped, usually.

NOBODY was forcing her to stay there. It's ridiculous. There are NO repercussions except the people get mad when you delay the proceeding.

She was simply grandstanding for sympathy and to get extra time to THINK about her follow up questions.

And it worked for some of you, obviously.

Old 07-30-2015, 07:44 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,637,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
You must have completely misread my post.
OK. What does this mean?

Quote:
There's absolutely nothing wrong with breastfeeding 'in public', breast pumping on the other hand..
Will you please clarify? Thanks.

Old 07-30-2015, 07:47 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepingquiet View Post
Nice of you to leave out his disgusting remark. Once again why was she disgusting for wanting to pump breast milk in private?
I was specifically referring to the "what does it matter" in terms of when the breaks were taken.

The timing of breaks do matter.

Old 07-30-2015, 07:48 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Why didn't she excuse herself?
She tried, and they denied allowing her to go to the restroom.

Old 07-30-2015, 07:54 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,637,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorsyGal View Post
A few people need to actually read what they are quoting here....because a funny thing could happen, it could address your exact issues!

No one said anything about it being bizarre a woman goes back to work after having a baby
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorsyGal View Post
Good point.
And why wasn't she home caring for her baby, what in the world was she doing there at a legal proceeding? Ok we know but it's bizarre.
things that make you go hmmm....

She's definately not mother of the year here either.
Then what are you calling bizarre? Why is it bizarre for an attorney to be at a legal proceeding instead of home with her baby?

Old 07-30-2015, 07:57 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,390,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
I breastfed for 18 months.

I did NOT TAKE ON a HIGH PROFILE case 3 months after my baby was born.

I did NOT SCHEDULE BREAKS then pretend to need extras.

As YOU should know, your breasts are ON A SCHEDULE, TOO.

If she had to go pump, she COULD HAVE simply left the room instead of grandstanding pulling out the pump.

WHO even brings their pump in the room? LMFAO HILARIOUS grandstanding.

AND, BTW, I was a professional witness and have done HUNDREDS of house of depositions.

Have you? Since you're asking credentials, and all.

I think you don't even understand a DEPOSITION is simply a bunch of lawyers and witnesses in a room. Being taped, usually.

NOBODY was forcing her to stay there. It's ridiculous. There are NO repercussions except the people get mad when you delay the proceeding.

She was simply grandstanding for sympathy and to get extra time to THINK about her follow up questions.

And it worked for some of you, obviously.
You really think women who are breastfeeding/pumping should not be allowed back to work? What about if it's a female president who has a child? Is she exempt and the VP takes over?

Come on...pre scheduling breaks is fine. It's about nourishing a child.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:05 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,388,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Nothing wrong with breastfeeding. It's the natural way of things. Kind of disappointed Trump would say this. Oh well, he isn't perfect, but I still think he's by far the best candidate for the job.

This is "natural" too. There is a time and place for everything, but not at YOUR convienance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuENFR-9phU

Old 07-30-2015, 08:10 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
Come on...pre scheduling breaks is fine. It's about nourishing a child.
Was it about that or was it a courtroom stunt?

Let's go hypothetical for a moment.

Let's say breaks were scheduled to accommodate the lawyer. Let's say the lawyer was in the process of deposing Trump and stumbled on some facts and needed time to go over information before continuing. Let's say she requested the break outside of the break agreement, and Trump and his lawyers saw that it was just a tactic to get an unfair advantage and objected. She then yanks out the pump for dramatic effect. Could that be considered a disgusting tactic?

Just playing devil's advocate.

BTW, although I'm getting a kick out of Trump causing such a dust-up, I don't support him in his bid for POTUS. I don't particularly like him as a person, and I don't believe he'd make a good president.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:17 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,390,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Was it about that or was it a courtroom stunt?

Let's go hypothetical for a moment.

Let's say breaks were scheduled to accommodate the lawyer. Let's say the lawyer was in the process of deposing Trump and stumbled on some facts and needed time to go over information before continuing. Let's say she requested the break outside of the break agreement, and Trump and his lawyers saw that it was just a tactic to get an unfair advantage and objected. She then yanks out the pump for dramatic effect. Could that be considered a disgusting tactic?

Just playing devil's advocate.

BTW, although I'm getting a kick out of Trump causing such a dust-up, I don't support him in his bid for POTUS. I don't particularly like him as a person, and I don't believe he'd make a good president.
I don't mind playing devils advocate. She could use this to her advantage, sure. I just think the protection of women's rights to feed their child through breastfeeding or pumping of milk is more important. They should have started the proceedings right after she pumped and then had one scheduled break.

It could be said that Trump agreeing to the breaks and then refusing to honor them is giving him the advantage. She is distracted by the argument and her breasts leaking milk and in pain.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:17 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
It is ridiculously unprofessional as an attorney. Absolutely. ridiculous.
Why?

If a lawyer were a diabetic, and negotiated a break during a deposition to monitor his blood sugar, and to administer a shot of insulin, and the opposing attorneys tried to prevent him from taking the break, would it be ridiculously unprofessional of him to bring out his testing kit?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies