Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 05:41 PM

991 posts, read 629,011 times

Advertisements

It took some digging but here is where I found the information:

Cate Dyer

She was born Catherine Anne Spears.

Made at Sac State - Profile

And adding 1+1

Quote:
From the other side of the country, Charlotte Spears and Nicholas Ivancic organized an outdoor wedding that celebrated the natural beauty of California wine country.
https://www.theknot.com/real-wedding...obles-ca-album

Charlotte Spears Ivancic, Congressional Staffer

https://www.legistorm.com/person/Cha...ncic/3599.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2015, 06:37 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Back when the GOP still believed in science and research.

McConnell Voted In 1993 To Legalize Fetal Tissue Donations After Abortion

This has nothing to do with the sale of tissues and body parts. Good try, attempting to deflect though.

I know that the images of these ghouls ....er, procurers using tweezers to access body parts, and referring to "less crunchy" ways of ensuring whole organs are pretty stark, but....gimmeabreak.

Old 07-30-2015, 06:55 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,372,422 times
Donation now is passed as SALES...Hummm??? Okay..It appears many have no clue on history at all..Back in the day we collected Placenta's post birth in order to turn over to cosmetic industry....Course it was considered back then as "Capitalism"..no mother nor chid had a clue.yet those whomever utilized makeup or creams or medications ( post-meni-pausal meds- Premarin) should just roll over and die with the thought!!!

SMH It's not selling so much as research for future purposes..IF all you women or men who have ever had such needs better shake your head ..because you have benefited for many many decades from such research and products that come from it....Geesh!!

Human fetal tissue long used for variety of medical studies - US News
Scientists have long used human fetal tissue for research; stem cells haven't replaced it yet
The Associated Press
FILE - This Oct. 21, 1954 file photo shows Dr. Frederick C. Robbins, new chief of pediatrics and contagious diseases at Cleveland City Hospital, after the announcement that he, Dr. John Enders and Dr. Thomas Weller were awarded the Nobel prize for medicine. The 1954 Nobel Prize in medicine was awarded for work with fetal tissue that led to developing a vaccine against polio. (AP Photo)

Associated Press July 29, 2015 | 10:23 a.m. EDT + More

Quote:
By MALCOLM RITTER, AP Science Writer

NEW YORK (AP) — Controversy over Planned Parenthood's supplying fetal tissue for research has focused attention on a little-discussed aspect of science.

Some of the organization's affiliates, in fewer than five states, provide the tissue, according to Planned Parenthood. An anti-abortion group says the group is illegally making a profit from that, and has released covertly recorded videos about it.

Planned Parenthood says it receives only reimbursements for costs of providing tissue donated by women, and that it has done nothing illegal or improper.

The controversy led to a Senate bill to cut off federal funding for the organization. Republican leaders say the measure will be voted on before the August recess.

Some basic facts about fetal tissue in research:

WHAT IS FETAL TISSUE USED FOR?..
If you are only interested in throwing fire bombs..you won't be interested..But this will give the HISTORY~~ !!

Old 07-30-2015, 07:00 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
This has nothing to do with the sale of tissues and body parts. Good try, attempting to deflect though.

I know that the images of these ghouls ....er, procurers using tweezers to access body parts, and referring to "less crunchy" ways of ensuring whole organs are pretty stark, but....gimmeabreak.
There was no sale, you are still putting forth an argument based on tapes proven to be edited.

Old 07-30-2015, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
There was no sale, you are still putting forth an argument based on tapes proven to be edited.
It's become very obvious that vitriol of Politics is completely disregarding history...Just maybe those here taking hormonal replacements or using the creams to keep their skins young..should not be so dismissive of it all..

Research in tissue/stem cell has actually saved lives..and most likely that find what ( even tho misrepresented )..have had benefited from it..Yikes!!...Hate to tell all you'all....BUT it's been around for half century...Get over it ..Please..or throw in towel and say..NOT interested..wrinkle up and go by the way of the tsetse fly..LOL

This faux outrage is rather amusing..LOL As for Planned Parenthood...They are not making big bucks or they would never require support by program donations!! LOL SMH

Old 07-30-2015, 07:32 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
It's become very obvious that vitriol of Politics is completely disregarding history...Just maybe those here taking hormonal replacements or using the creams to keep their skins young..should nt be so dismissive of it al..Research in tissue/stem s=cell has actually saved lives..and most likely the that find what 9 even tho misrepresented )..have n out had benefited from it...Hate it it all you want..BUT it's been around for half century...Get over it ..Please..or throe in towel and say..NOT interested..wrinkle up and go by the way of the tsetse fly..LOL

This faux outrage is rather amusing..LOL As for Planned Parenthood...They are not making big bucks or they would never require support by program donations!! LOL SMH
I actually dont believe the outrage is fake, more so that it is just misguided.

Old 07-30-2015, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I actually dont believe the outrage is fake, more so that it is just misguided.
For sure..Mis-guided by false rhetoric..So who do you blame for false information?? Ignorance and being told something they never knew existed is in my opinion taking advantage of such ignorance ( that is despicable)...That seems the way of politics these dayz I guess..??? Sad indeed!! Why aren't actual educated politicians speaking out about it?

It's okay..I know why..It's no secret..Politician's really do not want their constituents to know the truth..only to BELIEVE what they say and the surrogate fauz news to back up their lies!! ..I've long caught up with how it works!! LOL (Not funny LO either)

..When I know so many are bing fed lies..led down false paths..and feeding false narratives...But misguided ( your term) is all you can say about it??

I'm just Shaking my head with such ignorant false posting of stuff that completely mis-represents facts...But's it's been going on for too long!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies