Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 01:09 PM

34,259 posts, read 19,262,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Back to the subject at hand... and leaving behind pointing out silliness...

BIRTH CONTROL IS NOW FREE BY MANDATE OF THE GOVERNMENT.

WHAT PART OF THIS IS SO DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND????????????????????????????????????
Medicaid is a significant source of funding for Planned parenthood. IE this is where the "free" birth control is.

Why is THAT so hard to understand? The "mandate"? thats what planned parenthood is helping to perform, at a significant discount to the government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2015, 02:28 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,231,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
well I suppose you can use whatever pejorative you wish.

anyone that doesn't think the way you tell them to will be some form of "neo con" or "nonlibblahblah"

at the end of the day, anyone who does not think the way they are told by the prog-agressives is some kind of monster who should be forced from society. death threats are ok. ruination of business is ok. getting people fired, kicked out of school, effectively handed the Scarlet Letter.... those are the thinks the prog-agressives do.

Back to Neo-Con.... your line about not being able to think on your own... Neo-Cons are a well defined group within the conservative arena that boast a number of very powerful intellectuals.

your charge is nonsense. beyond that the neo-con political thought centers primarily around US foreign policy with a focus on the use of US military power as a force for good and the spread of democracy around the globe. There is very little focus on domestic policy and where there is, the neo-con is not opposed to government spending per-say. In fact the existence of debt is nowhere as upsetting to the neo-con as it is to other parts of the conservative movement.

Neo-Cons are far less worked up by things like gay rights and abortion.
for instance Dick Cheney is supportive of gay marriage.

it is very silly to suggest that someone is a "neo-con" and therefore unable to think for themselves on its face. it is even more ridiculous to suggest someone is a neo-con in a thread about domestic policy that isn't even a focus of neo-con policy.

May I suppose you just like to call people names? and that you have decided that "neo-con" is a terrible name? and since its uber illiberal, its ok to call people that?

LOL.

stay classy

*yawns*

Old 08-05-2015, 02:10 AM

1,930 posts, read 1,819,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
So why not arrest those who are breaking the law if that is what they are doing instead of attacking the agency that provides their majority of women's reproductive health in other areas.

If a physician gets caught breaking the law do we close the hospital?
Great question. I will continue to read the thread now. Only the wrong doers should be penalized.

Old 08-05-2015, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Thats in New York City, a city that isnt majority white. across the US as a whole, more white fetuses are aborted than black.

Dont try to make this about race because in reality, it doesnt matter to the subject nor do you genuinely care.
Correct. Women go to PP willingly for many reasons.

Old 08-05-2015, 02:38 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,439,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemore View Post
Correct. Women go to PP willingly for many reasons.
I find it fascinating that some people only associate PP with birth control and abortion. Back in the 80s (I feel ancient!) many of us (college aged, just out of college) used them for primary (female) care. We were at an age where we needed annuals, but didn't have primary physicians yet. I had a couple of peers who had precancerous issues diagnosed and treated at PP. As for the title of the thread, PP closings would mean more abortions. I don't know. There are a zillion clinics out there that are not in any way associated with PP that provide both birth control and abortions. Are people aware of that?

Old 08-05-2015, 02:45 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,865,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Accusations of lying will not make your case. Back alley abortions absolutely happened to those who could not afford to go to a more advanced country for a legal abortion.

The Rise of the DIY Abortion in Texas - The Atlantic

http://www.ourbodiesourselves.org/he...egal-abortion/
Women dying from back alley abortions = cleansing the gene pool?

Old 08-05-2015, 02:57 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,439,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Women dying from back alley abortions = cleansing the gene pool?
If you feel that way then why do you care if it's legal or not? Try to wrap your head around that for a second. Never mind, I'll help. Woman dies, fetus dies.

Old 08-05-2015, 03:08 AM

1,248 posts, read 1,377,947 times
You know what? people making more babies is not a problem. Abortions are women who want to do it to themselves but do not want to harm them.

Old 08-05-2015, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
I find it fascinating that some people only associate PP with birth control and abortion. Back in the 80s (I feel ancient!) many of us (college aged, just out of college) used them for primary (female) care. We were at an age where we needed annuals, but didn't have primary physicians yet. I had a couple of peers who had precancerous issues diagnosed and treated at PP. As for the title of the thread, PP closings would mean more abortions. I don't know. There are a zillion clinics out there that are not in any way associated with PP that provide both birth control and abortions. Are people aware of that?
I agree with your question. I used PP for bc in the late '60s. Hey, I'm still here.

Old 08-05-2015, 04:30 AM

88,676 posts, read 44,430,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Why would you close a clinic that provides education and birth control, isn't that counter productive. Also I don't believe many of these women at the low end have easy access in their areas.
They don't have to close. If support for them is so strong, have a private liberal foundation fund them. Have liberals put their money where their mouths are. Simple solution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies