Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 06:35 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times

Advertisements

One of my black friends live in North Jersey . His sister drove into his town stopped at a light and her door was opened to her car and two men took her pocketbook, her jewelry and even her sweater . She was from North Carolina and got robbed at gun point. They let her live ... they rob their own and no one talks about it. The decent ones suffer and the democrats say nothing..

Hillary is a democratic user of blacks for her own power.. the blacks think she cares.. ha ha.... I wish more would wake up to the fact that these white elitist who were born in the 60's , very wealthy whites who put on a do good attitude , who were super privileged, decided to wear old denim jeans and jackets, show no wealth , and they wanted to identify with the poor.. fact is they cling to their own money and love to find ways to spend other peoples money while they grow rich ... the Clintons who used the Haiti earthquake to set up a charity fund to spend on themselves.. this is the elitists at their best.. grow rich patting the heads of the blacks to keep in power.. they have done NOTHING to advance blacks. NOTHING! They grow rich and the blacks get poorer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2015, 07:05 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I also don't think she should have responded the way she did, but he is more at fault IMO since he is paid by the public to be a professional public servant. That is the main point.
Maybe this is also part of the problem. A "public servant" does serve the public, but is actually not a servant as in having a maid around the house. IMO a police officer is there to keep the order and the peace, and also to help prevent public ills such as car accidents and crimes, and to solve crimes.

And as such, the police are an authority figure and should be treated with respect... so for someone who is being questioned by a police office or who has been pulled over for a motor vehicle violation... it is a huge mistake to treat that officer as a "servant" of the public.

Anyway, I don't have any big problem with the police offending a few people in their pursuit of justice. And all too many crimes like burglaries are never solved and most motor vehicle infractions are never caught by them. I'd rather not tie their hands in some effort to please the PC police. Look at what is happening in Baltimore since the police there are avoiding the patrolling the bad neighborhoods in an effort to avoid conflicts with the locals. The police are only humans and why should they have to work so hard to be civil to people who treat them like cr*p? And given the choice, no police officer ever wants to work in a ghetto neighborhood. And public school teachers feel the same way. No one want to deal with trash people of any skin colour every day for work. Who needs all that negativity?

Old 07-31-2015, 07:30 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
Why aren't we educating black folk on how to interact with police, carry credentials, not drive suspended, limit your criminal charges to 1-2 max, stick around your children, limit these children to 1-3, pick up your pants? We have youtubers trying to educate but they get called uncle toms. What are we protecting? Let's stop lying and let's stop dying. You are effing up and killing your own community.

I have over 1000 people from my family from Jamaica, west africa, france, and haiti. Not one of us have been arrested in the US. We grew up with values even though we weren't always wealthy.

Just stop it already. It's like you can rob liquor stores, get arrested 50 times on the same street corner, get hemmed up for selling dope but when your time comes, nobody looks at that.

Sandra didn't have to die. She made videos on black & white people all the time. Had she followed her own advice and not given attitude, she would have been alive.

The hood doesn't give you a pass to be a knucklehead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhDD-lzCTGw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKJFBYOEt9k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NybrJ6DtW0
My wife & her family are from the Dominican Republic. All Black/Mulatto. Some barely speak English, but all got jobs easily. All bought homes within 5-10 years of arriving. Never had a problem with a traffic stop or police interaction. It's not racism, systemic racism, etc, but rather cultural. Poor Black ghetto culture in the US is garbage.

Old 07-31-2015, 08:21 PM

2,325 posts, read 2,651,885 times
Quote:
Interesting.

Forget people's rights. We should just bow down and do what "massa" tells us to do all the time...

Interesting.

And FWIW, I have been arrested. I did nothing but was charged with 2 felonies that after $5000 of my money and a lawyer were thrown out in court.

Why should people shut up and be arrested and then have to pay thousands of dollars to get out of jail and potentially lose their jobs and livelihoods when they are at the jail just because a police officer wants to get all huffy and abusive?

I am lucky in that I make a very good income, as does my husband who has been arrested over 20 times in his life even though he has never committed a crime. We have had to pay money to get his record expunged. He used to talk back to cops but now, starting in his 30s, he is now in his 40s, he does not say anything and has had just as many arrest in the past 5-6 years as he did during his 20s when he was mouthy so it really doesn't make a difference.

Samuel Dubose was not combative with the officer, nor did he try to run away. The vehicle shows that the officer tried to open his car door and he slowly held onto the door because police officers cannot open your door and pull you out unless they have probable cause. They can ask you to get out and you, in most cases are obligated to comply. He was shot in the face for not allowing himself to be dragged from a car and arrested (where he would have to PAY to bond out and PAY to have his car out of impound and PAY any court cost associated with a bogus arrest). It is like you all are just brainwashed and I feel sorry for you.

Sandra Bland complied with the cop until he asked her to put out her cigarette. He was bringing her a ticket and instead of giving it to her and leaving her with the fine, he started a confrontation and went on a power trip.

IMO, it seems as if you want us to go backwards. We should jump off the sidewalk when a cop walks down the street and fall to our knees and beg for a warning at a routine traffic stop.

Give me a break.

And interesting the idea of black inferiority in this thread. Age old stereotypes of blacks on display:

We are criminals
We are uneducated
We are "agitators" (lol at this one as Dr. King was an agitator and spoke often about how he and the people of his era were sick of "waiting" for justice, action is necessary)
We are ignorant
We are gang members
Etc.

When the vast majority of black people are none of the above nor any of the comments that cachibatches mentioned.

You want black people to shut up and quit throwing your idea of black inferiority in your face. And to the non-American blacks, as a black American with over 300 years of familial history in this land, I am honored to say that this is MY country! It is not yours. You are not special either and are only here on the backs of my ancestors, so keep your complaints about what me and my people do (including non-black supporters) to yourself and go back to Jamaica with its out of the world violent crime and machete murders and poverty and statistics that dwarf any negatives of black Americans. No black immigrant or children of black immigrant has any foot to stand on in regards to criticizing black Americans. You or your parents/grandparents left your country and are fine with it going to hell. As a black American, I love mine and am happy that so many of us actively engage in making our country continuously better for all Americans and immigrant Americans, including you.
This is a heck of a post for someone who doesn't have a chip on their shoulder (as you said later). Maybe it's not a chip, maybe it's a big boulder. Anytime this "massa" thing comes up, it's a sure sign of resentment and a definite chip on the shoulder. You are entirely too defensive (you "doth protest too much").

The police are in a position of authority. You might not like it - but it's a fact. Yes, there are some bad cops. But there are a lot of bad citizens that the cops protect us from. As someone else said, being a public servant does not equal being your maid. And citizens have responsibilities too - that's what holds society together. Being polite to authority figures is just good sense and good manners. Manners - now that's something you don't see so much anymore. I don't get how being polite to police is the equivalent of "bowing down to massa" - it's just good manners. I'm in my mid-50s and I was raised to be polite. I certainly don't look for trouble. I don't get this whole mentality that disrespecting legitimate authority is some kind of a cop out. If you want to live in a civilized society, there are certain rules you need to follow.

Old 07-31-2015, 08:21 PM

94 posts, read 147,557 times
Quote:
Interesting.

Forget people's rights. We should just bow down and do what "massa" tells us to do all the time...

Interesting.

Give me a break.
Oh God. lol there is no point in debating you. If this is the way you really think then good luck with it. If you can't understand that fighting in court is better than on the streets then again, good luck.

Old 07-31-2015, 08:34 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times
Quote:
Interesting.

Interesting.

Give me a break.

And interesting the idea of black inferiority in this thread. Age old stereotypes of blacks on display:
The black community has a big problem with their poor. And those are the people stereotyped. The poor in your communtiy are under-educated, producing teen and unwed mothers, and with the young males either being in or closely influenced by street gangs.

And there a definite problem with blacks having an automatic negative reaction to any white person in authority like a manager at work or a police officer, or if that authority figure is black, they are considered a traitorous "Uncle Tom" or enforcer of the "man" aka in your case the "massa". And it poisons the attitude of the black children too... and causes them to not want to listen to their school teachers and take their academics seriously. And then the natural first inclination of young black people is to succeed through professional athletics or the music industry, rather than getting straight A's in school. And so the cycle of poverty continues in the black community...

Old 07-31-2015, 09:06 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,391,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
The poor in your communtiy are under-educated, producing teen and unwed mothers, and with the young males either being in or closely influenced by street gangs............................ And so the cycle of poverty continues in the black community...

Old 07-31-2015, 09:35 PM

11,251 posts, read 11,022,956 times
In the next 20 years, every other minority group in this country will continue to surpass blacks in virtually every socioeconomic category. And after 20 years, all of these same arguments will exist. The truth is that you can't help people that really have no interest in helping themselves, no matter what kind of goodies you throw at them. And as long as the black vote is a sure thing for democrats, don't expect them to do much for these most loyal constituents. Why would a democrat waste their time pandering to a sure thing when they have millions of others to win over?

Old 07-31-2015, 11:28 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
In the next 20 years, every other minority group in this country will continue to surpass blacks in virtually every socioeconomic category. And after 20 years, all of these same arguments will exist. The truth is that you can't help people that really have no interest in helping themselves, no matter what kind of goodies you throw at them. And as long as the black vote is a sure thing for democrats, don't expect them to do much for these most loyal constituents. Why would a democrat waste their time pandering to a sure thing when they have millions of others to win over?

Hey thank you my dear good friend. Exactly the point that our dear beloved black friends always comment on. You cannot change those individuals, who use a cope-out for every thing in their every day life.

Many successful black people we have as friends, do not see it truly changing either, even though they are successful, they see the plight of the poor black communities, and the teens, growing up in projects and bad areas. But as they tell us all the time, you need good parents too make a damn difference also. As they tell my husband and myself, so much hatred in many black household, and that they say, is a recipe for disaster. Some black people might not like them, and the way they think, but they do not care.

As long as Democrats keep feeding them the BS that they are use too, they will keep making the same damn mistakes. And Democrats have not done much for the black communities also, as Obama never kept his word, on making progress for most black communities. Had to tape him back when, to see if years later he would keep his word.

Sad thing is every individual in life, has a potential in life, to do good, to be educated, if they have good grades, want to change things in life for the better, that need to be changed and that does start from within to be the best that they can be.

The black leaders need to touch on this subject, instead of the BS they throw out, and talk about these problems, and for gosh sakes, instead of causing trouble with their big mouths, come up with solutions, talk about education, and why it is important.

If you are not taught to respect and obey from a love one, how will a person ever learn respect. I understand that some Parents, are disrespectful and hateful. I find it sad.

Old 08-01-2015, 08:09 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times
Some things are simply nonsensical. Comply and fight later via the courts, letters, media etc. OP, regarding the other countries, most wouldn't blink an eye at certain police shootings because of the actions of those shot. But at the same time, this country has deep seated race issues that are undeniable and come through in numerous instances, including in the actions of police.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies