Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 10:00 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,915,370 times

Advertisements

"Conservatives, including the Republican National Committee and 2016 GOP presidential hopeful Ben Carson, slammed the 2014 Advanced Placement history course, saying it overemphasized negative aspects of U.S. history, portrayed historical events as “identity politics” — a series of conflicts between groups of people as opposed to explaining historical events through shared ideals — and did not fully explore the unique and positive values of the U.S. system.
"

Good ol' right wingers..

Conservatives convinced College Board to rewrite American history - The Washington Post

Old 07-30-2015, 11:32 PM

30,120 posts, read 18,935,540 times
The thread title is correct, left Wing Political Correctness Nazis liars interpretation of American history is slanted and out of control with a negative view of America and doesn't acknowledge the obvious tremendous benefits and contribution of America to the world. So yes, Conservatives want a more fair and reasoned American History be taught.

Old 07-30-2015, 11:50 PM

50,469 posts, read 24,054,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
The thread title is correct, left Wing Political Correctness Nazis liars interpretation of American history is slanted and out of control with a negative view of America and doesn't acknowledge the obvious tremendous benefits and contribution of America to the world. So yes, Conservatives want a more fair and reasoned American History be taught.
But apparently not accurate.

Are y'all afraid of pointing out what's great and not so great about this country?

Old 07-31-2015, 12:23 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,845,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
But apparently not accurate.

Are y'all afraid of pointing out what's great and not so great about this country?
Because liberals don't and can't tell the whole story about the 'not so great parts' and insert an anti-American and anti-European bias. For example they tell children WHITE MALES killed most all the Indians and took their land. They leave out a lot of the story, many of the tribes conquested other tribes, the whole world operated under right of conquest until about the 1940's, there weren't that many Amerindians in the States and were all ready reduced by exposure to disease from Spanish explorers and coincidental factors, mutual combat etc.

Here's an eye witness account to history of the kinds of things that happened to settlers Captured by Indians, 1758

Quote:
On a morning in March 1758, Mary, her mother and a friend were preparing breakfast when they were startled by the sound of gunfire. They rushed to the door to find a man and his horse lying dead a short distance away. The man was a neighbor chased and shot by a raiding party that now stormed into the cabin taking all inside prisoner. Mary begins her story as she and her family are herded through the wilderness towards Fort Duquesne located on the present-day site of Pittsburgh:

Old 07-31-2015, 12:23 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,421,103 times
Sorry, we don't buy into the "Hate White Males Agenda," which is basically what the left calls "history."

Old 07-31-2015, 05:08 AM

12,268 posts, read 6,442,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union. I shall do less whenever I shall believe what I am doing hurts the cause, and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause.
For every traitorous confederate soldier in the line there were 7 slaves backing him up. Lincoln didn`t know that when he spoke those words.

Old 07-31-2015, 05:12 AM

2,468 posts, read 1,915,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
For every traitorous confederate soldier in the line there were 7 slaves backing him up. Lincoln didn`t know that when he spoke those words.
You mean being forced to back him up...they being slaves and all with no free will. What about the word "slave" do Confederate flag loving conservatives still do not understand?

Old 07-31-2015, 06:13 AM

12,268 posts, read 6,442,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
They want to pretend that we aren`t a nation that thrived on Imperialism and Expansionism? Good luck with that.

Old 07-31-2015, 07:06 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,329,907 times
Correction here. It's not "out of control". It's actually IN CONTROL and gaining a solid foothold.

People are being fired over one slip of the tongue. No admonishment, no talking to, no "Don't do it again". Outright firing on the spot as soon as word gets to social media.

WWE purged all references to Hulk Hogan..like he never existed in their organization. And in doing that purged their own history.

Companies fire people on the spot in reaction to the social media crowd.
Business owners cave in to the fear of Trial by Twitter.

Old 07-31-2015, 07:15 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,808,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
"Conservatives, including the Republican National Committee and 2016 GOP presidential hopeful Ben Carson, slammed the 2014 Advanced Placement history course, saying it overemphasized negative aspects of U.S. history, portrayed historical events as “identity politics” — a series of conflicts between groups of people as opposed to explaining historical events through shared ideals — and did not fully explore the unique and positive values of the U.S. system.
"

Good ol' right wingers..

Conservatives convinced College Board to rewrite American history - The Washington Post
I read through the PDF attachement and it is not terrible. Slanted use but the information is factual. There should be balance though as it reads as if modern views are ported to the Past which is a known historical fallacy. Tends to maximize race, view whites as homogeneus and minimize economics and basic human notions of survival or self improvement as there would be a considerable gulf between motivation between upper and lower tier in term of views. And Society was vey much lopsided for most of the era in question. But it is a one course primer and they have to move quickly. Not as negative as Howard Zinn rendering.

Conquest was acceptable for most of the era in question. Either by individual motiviation or government fiat. Not the ugly word it is today.

Humans more biological machines than Special as we see humanity today as well. Unless one was of Royal lineage or considerable affluence one was considered a lesser form.

Last edited by Felix C; 07-31-2015 at 07:31 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.