Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 02:57 AM

18,132 posts, read 15,544,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Horizons View Post
Let the gun people carry their little "security blanket" around. It doesn't make any difference how I interact with them. A couple of times I mouthed off to guys carrying their guns openly in the Phoenix area. Neither time did they do anything. Next time I'll have to insult their wife or something, see if I can get one of them to fight like a man.
Good luck with that. People who carry, don't go for a weapon over insults. We j dersgand what being an adjlt means. I've had that happen, some cretin always seems to want trouble, no matter where you go. Go ahead, I sjlt me, insult my lady's honor, in all manner of foul, verbal ways. You won't get a reaction, but us walking away. Touch her, and you might get something, however. That's just a friendly warning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2015, 04:29 AM

1,808 posts, read 4,027,528 times
I own a hunting rifle, so I am not anti gun. However, my father was murdered with a gun and a friend of mine was accidentally shot and killed so I am not a guns for everyone advocate. Just once I want to hear pro gun people say there is no correlation between gun ownership and safety from guns. The data is out there ... here in the U.S. we have a huge gun ownership percentage yet we are no safer from gun violence/deaths than most other industrialized nations.
I have had several reasonable discussions regarding this, but by and large, in my experience, most pro gun folks will not accept the data at face value. So whats the point?
I have no suggestions or answers that pro gun people will listen to, I just realize that safety is not the result of widespread gun ownership. Period.

Old 08-02-2015, 04:52 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,143,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
really? a wimpy little 75mm AT gun? get real, let me know when there is an 82mm german AT-AA gun available.
It's actually a WW2 German Panzerabwehrkanone 7.5 cm with floating breech block. A trained gun crew can get 25 rounds off in a minute.

Old 08-02-2015, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
My post was meant to appeal to NRA lovers, I'm not a personal promoter of their platform. But I think maybe we have been taking the wrong approach. Since pro gun advocates really seem to prefer no gun limits whatsoever, maybe what we should do is literally give them what they want. So many guns in so many places, with so much unlimited ammo that they don't know what to complain about. Guns on the hips of every kindergartner, all of it. Sure, there'll be collateral damage but when has that bothered them before? Good guy with a gun and all that. Just flood the streets with them, no limits whatsoever. Just go with the assumption that everyone has an assault rifle by the time they can walk.
My 6 year old owns her own .22 rifle.

Old 08-02-2015, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
You gotta love the anti-gun crowd, and their expertise. Did you mean German 88mm?
Has to be the 8.8 cm flak kanone. Germany only made a 8.8 cm mortar.

Old 08-02-2015, 06:11 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,153,747 times
The anti-gun crowd will never win because the NRA bought and paid for well over the number of politicians they need to keep gun laws lax and enough idiot Tea Partiers out there have a sociopathic indifference to seeing people massacred. Plus Congressional districts are skewed to give conservative white gun nuts far more representation than they would warrant by population. Realistically the anti-gun crowd can't win because although 3D printers that print metal are way too expensive for the average person now, they likely will be affordable in 30 years and any creep will be able to print a gun. It's very disturbing how bad people really do win in the world.

Old 08-02-2015, 06:16 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,364,281 times
The NRA has already won the debate, and it hasn't even been close. I'm not sure why we're stilling talking about "gun control" as even a remote possibility. After collectively deciding to do absolutely nothing after the Sandy Hook school massacre, the debate here in America is dead, just like all those children.

Old 08-02-2015, 06:19 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,072,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
My 6 year old owns her own .22 rifle.
Can't wait until she is told that she can't go see her 5 year old boyfriend. It's been nice knowing ya.

Mick

Old 08-02-2015, 06:23 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,072,993 times
Yeah, if nothing could be done in the aftermath of the Sandy Hook shooting, there is no hope.

Mick

Old 08-02-2015, 06:51 AM

10,189 posts, read 7,921,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
My blood pressure is excellent. Seriously. That aside - these laws against grenade launchers should be abolished. If assault rifles are legal, why not grenade launchers? Maybe I want to use a grenade launcher for defense or really effective hunting. Maybe I enjoy having a grenade launcher for sporting purposes. It is my right as an American! Second Amendment!

And don't tell me I'm wrong. After Sandy Hook, the NRA said the best solution was more guns and arming schools so you know I'm right.

Why don't you just say what you are really thinking? All of this BS is getting boring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies