Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 07:43 AM

46,261 posts, read 27,074,383 times

Advertisements

You have to wonder why there is no possible way to have a conversation with an anti gunner....well see below, he is speaking the way he/she was taught to think and believes every word of it. Now, any person who owns guns does not talk like that, nor is it the wild wild west and bloody streets and anything else the anti gunners spew...

Congrats...your doing a GREAT job for your anti gun stance....and your anti gun side...lol...

BTW for a person who does not care you have 20% of the posts in this 71 post thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I think every household should have a grenade launcher! There should be no rulz! Assault weapons for every child that can hold them! Ammo cartridges in every box of breakfast cereal! Every man, woman and child should be fully holstered at all times! Nuclear weapons? Yes!!!!! Second Amendment!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Hysteria? That was an impression. By all means, go buy some more guns and ammo. There should be no limits whatsoever. Get ten grenade launchers positioned all around your home. Do it all, I don't care.
Quote:
Come on, that post was dedicated to NRA lovers everywhere.
Quote:
Anti-gun? I just said grenade launchers for everyone, what more do you want?
Quote:
My post was meant to appeal to NRA lovers, I'm not a personal promoter of their platform. But I think maybe we have been taking the wrong approach. Since pro gun advocates really seem to prefer no gun limits whatsoever, maybe what we should do is literally give them what they want. So many guns in so many places, with so much unlimited ammo that they don't know what to complain about. Guns on the hips of every kindergartner, all of it. Sure, there'll be collateral damage but when has that bothered them before? Good guy with a gun and all that. Just flood the streets with them, no limits whatsoever. Just go with the assumption that everyone has an assault rifle by the time they can walk.

Quote:
Why not grenade launchers? Do you have something against grenade launchers? A grenade launcher never hurt anyone. It needs someone to operate it. If you want to blame someone, blame the person, not the grenade launcher.
Quote:
My blood pressure is excellent. Seriously. That aside - these laws against grenade launchers should be abolished. If assault rifles are legal, why not grenade launchers? Maybe I want to use a grenade launcher for defense or really effective hunting. Maybe I enjoy having a grenade launcher for sporting purposes. It is my right as an American! Second Amendment!

And don't tell me I'm wrong. After Sandy Hook, the NRA said the best solution was more guns and arming schools so you know I'm right.

Quote:
Good approach, shoot first, ask questions later! Got it! But you really need to be more open minded about grenade launchers. Then we can talk about C4 and nuclear weapons.

Quote:
I agree! No new gun laws and get rid of all current gun laws. We need to get rid of all gun laws. We have Second Amendment rights! Everyone knows guns and explosives don't kill people, they are inanimate objects. There is no reason a person shouldn't own a grenade launcher. We don't need nanny state laws telling us what we cannot own! Background checks are just more government regulation! This country was built on guns and freedom!

Quote:
Are you one of those anti-gun crazies?! You don't know what you're talking about. This country was built on guns. The government is trying to take away our guns and we must fight back. There should be no gun laws at all. Guns don't kill people, people do. If there's a problem in this country it's the need for more mental health! Guns are not the problem! If everyone in that theater in Aurora had a gun, they could have just had a big shootout. We need more guns, not less!
Quote:
Exactly! There are no limits and there should be no limits! There should be no gun laws whatsoever!!! Background checks are instruments of the government trying to take away Second Amendment rights! And don't dismiss grenade launchers, some of us are grenade launcher enthusiasts and collect them.
Quote:
It depends on who the enemy is and how many of them there are. My Second Amendment rights say I can make that determination. Stand Your Ground!
Quote:
If I have enough guns and artillery, I won't be worried. I just don't have enough yet and I don't want the nanny government to tell me how much I can have because I want a lot more. Don't worry, you can have them too, we should all have them!

Quote:
When the SHTF and I'm bugging out to the American Redoubt towing a grenade launcher, you're going to want to be right behind me, glad that I'm protecting you!
Quote:
So now you're making this personal and calling me names? I was being nice to you and offered to protect you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2015, 07:43 AM

29,505 posts, read 19,602,720 times
^^

His rants are meaningless....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
The NRA has already won the debate, and it hasn't even been close. I'm not sure why we're stilling talking about "gun control" as even a remote possibility. After collectively deciding to do absolutely nothing after the Sandy Hook school massacre, the debate here in America is dead, just like all those children.
Connecticut is rated #6 in strictest gun laws out of all 50 states. I don't know what else we "collectively" could have done to stop that tragedy, unless you are talking about violating the Constitutional rights of Americans.

The blame should be put on that lunatic's mother for allowing him to have access to her firearms.

What should have been done to prevent a Sandy Hook is have a trained adult with access to a firearm in that school. We have armed police in the high school where I teach. Obviously in a small community like Sandy Hook, you wouldn't be able to keep a full time cop on school grounds. A well trained administrator, or teacher would have given them a fighting chance.

Btw, Illinois has the 9th strictest gun laws in the US...

Old 08-02-2015, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan
The NRA has already won the debate, and it hasn't even been close. I'm not sure why we're stilling talking about "gun control" as even a remote possibility. After collectively deciding to do absolutely nothing after the Sandy Hook school massacre, the debate here in America is dead, just like all those children.
It's collectively dead because you and your ilk cannot back up any of the common sense laws that you speak of....just throw more laws on top of more laws, yea, that'll fix it...more laws...

And why does your ilk keep going back to school shootings? Is it the "Fear factor" narrative you are trying to push?

Of the 10,000 people killed on the streets, why are those shot at schools anymore important than the 1000s shot on the streets of inner big cities....

And before you answer, thee have been mass shootings at colleges also....

All lives matter, right....well only if it fits the fear factor narrative of the agenda you are trying to push...

Old 08-02-2015, 07:50 AM

45,334 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Yes, take ant-gunners seriously. While some of the "recommendations" may seem silly, unneeded, redundant, nonsensical, counter productive or even downright dumb, the reality is that they are serious about enacting every single one. If one thing should have been learned it's there is absolutely no middle ground or negotiating with gun banners.

I think I'll go and make a Pop Tart into the shape of a gun now.

Old 08-02-2015, 08:03 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Next up on the anti gun groups radar is the super deadly, mass killing gun that just cannot be trusted in civilian hands. This weapon of war is so scary the Brady campaign has deemed it public enemy number one. It is more deadly than the evil "assault weapon", more deadly than the extra dangerious "sniper rifle" and even more deadly than barrel shrouds (the thing that goes up, according to McCarthy). To protect the children anti gun groups now want to ban the gun emoji from the iPhone.

New Yorkers Against Gun Violence kicked off their “Disarm the iPhone†drive this week with a website, video and press release targeting the popular mobile devices. The group cautions that the emoji, one of hundreds on the product that come preloaded from the factory, reflects the ready access to guns in the country.

“We realized that many Americans unknowingly carry a gun with them every day. The one that was given to them without a background check: the gun emoji,†reads an open letter to Apple CEO Tim Cook.
Gun control advocates launch campaign to drop gun emoji from iPhones (VIDEO)
" Anti Gun Groups can no longer be taken seriously"

"Can no longer" They NEVER were taken serious by MANY!

Old 08-02-2015, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Yes, take ant-gunners seriously. While some of the "recommendations" may seem silly, unneeded, redundant, nonsensical, counter productive or even downright dumb, the reality is that they are serious about enacting every single one. If one thing should have been learned it's there is absolutely no middle ground or negotiating with gun banners.

I think I'll go and make a Pop Tart into the shape of a gun now.
Yep!

Old 08-02-2015, 08:38 AM

3,913 posts, read 5,227,108 times
It's pretty simple. Just google guy stops crime with a gun or, man defends hi self or robber is thwarted....there are thousands of real life video clips of some d-bag being stopped by an armed citizen on YouTube. Don't take my word for it, research it. The real message there is imagine how many crimes would have HAPPENED had they not stopped the idiots perpetrating them.

Plenty are shown being shot and in some cases, killed. What people forget is that it's not the crime they were committing but rather, how manynMORE crimes that one individual would probably have committed if he or she weren't stopped at some point??? Most thugs don't commit just one crime. They commit many until they are stopped?

If not by the police or frankly an armed citizen or shop owner, then by whom? When?

Spend 30 minutes reviewing the footage. Then make your decision. It's a personal choice and it doesn't make one an ordained LEO. I get that. However, it does give one a varying margin of safety, or danger, depending on skills, wits, physical condition and level of training and proficiency each one receives. But, above all, the myth that anyone can stop the proliferation of guns in the hands of private citizens is beyond laughable. Good luck with that to those on the left/gun control side. Like trying to put the genie back in the bottle.

There are over 300,000,000 guns in private circulation that we know about. Juuuuuust slightly less than one per every man, woman, and child in the US. If gun production ceased today entirely, it would take several hundred years for them to disappear. In short, it simply won't happen.

If the anti gun crowd gets legislation passed to prevent the sale and consumption of weapons the,

Black markets will thrive
People will simply ignore it and hide a few
Administration of any change is difficult
Revolvers will become popular again as they do not eject evidence/spent cartridges
Zip guns will become popular
Knife sales will skyrocket
Kuboton sales will increase
Tasers will become cheaper
Shootings will be replaced by bludgeonings and more blunt force trauma
Violent assaults will skyrocket
Crimes will sky rocket

In the end, the crime rise will simply push the laws back next election cycle after any are passed. In short, gun laws are not going to change and if any minor modifications are made they will be ignored or repealed. In short, we gun owners won. So Peolosi, "we won" and that is that.

Try toughening the thug laws. Probably get better results. No one, save the thugs, are against it and they don't tend to vote?

Old 08-02-2015, 10:10 AM

1,798 posts, read 3,019,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Good luck with that. People who carry, don't go for a weapon over insults. We j dersgand what being an adjlt means. I've had that happen, some cretin always seems to want trouble, no matter where you go. Go ahead, I sjlt me, insult my lady's honor, in all manner of foul, verbal ways. You won't get a reaction, but us walking away. Touch her, and you might get something, however. That's just a friendly warning.
Well I would certainly hope they wouldn't go for their gun over some insults. But if some guy starts dissing me, my girlfriend, or my daughter, I'm going yell back at the jerk. And if it comes to a physical altercation so be it. Maybe I'll kick his ***, maybe he'll kick my ***. But my girlfriend will know that I at least tried to defend her honor.

Old 08-02-2015, 08:20 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Horizons View Post
Well I would certainly hope they wouldn't go for their gun over some insults. But if some guy starts dissing me, my girlfriend, or my daughter, I'm going yell back at the jerk. And if it comes to a physical altercation so be it. Maybe I'll kick his ***, maybe he'll kick my ***. But my girlfriend will know that I at least tried to defend her honor.
If I'm not carrying a firearm, I may react in a similar manner. But NEVER, will I escalate such a confrontation whilst I am armed. For one thing, that's the law, for another, I've really no time nor inclination in abiding stupid people. I've no need to prove anything to my lady, either. She knows, in her heart, I would lay down my life to defend her from harm.

Some cretin, trying to get a rise out of me, will flip my defensive perimeter switch. But isn't going to get any reaction from me. They will not realize the danger they have put themselves in, by turning on that defensive mode, and it would be prudent, for them to cease and desist, and let us go on our merry, at which time they can continue to hurl invective, at our backsides.

Try to block our retreat, especially in a hands on manner, and their doing themselves no kindness. When you're carrying a weapon, you're operating at higher, much higher, standards. The law requires that, and even if it didn't, I would still adhere to that standard.

Old 08-02-2015, 10:29 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,568,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
If it comes to fists you will run as that is not the fight you are looking for, is it?
Why mouth off to them? Go to a barrio, start mouthing off - in the same manner - and tell us of that experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies