Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 01:05 PM

2,491 posts, read 2,671,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
They are not idiots. They are political puppets owned and operated by big business and pharmaceuticals is one of the biggest.
I realize that there are a majority of recreational users who would like cannabis legalized, however the medical use possibilities are huge. If cannabis were legal a cancer patient could grow his own medicine instead of paying pharmaceutical companies $10k-$20k a month for a med with horrible side effects. One nasty side effect is going bankrupt to stay alive.

Secondly we the taxpayer are paying about $67k annually to house a minor drug offender incarcerated for drug, cannabis, possession and other trivial offenses. The legalization of cannabis would save billions by not jailing minor offenders. However, most prisons today are privately owned and a for profit operation. To maximize their profit then need to keep their cells full. Christie and the other political puppets will ensure they do.

Good post and it should be noted that New Jersey has both a lot of pharmaceutical companies and for-profit-prison companies. Chris Christie is just doing what his corporate master have told him to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2015, 02:39 PM

1,262 posts, read 1,296,819 times
Default No I don't think it's like that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I don't have a problem with using weed for medical purposes...but if you legalize it, you'd just have way more stoned people driving...and that is what I'm against. We have enough problems with alcoholics killing people on the road, we don't need to add to it.
I'm going to postulate that right now all the risk takers and irresponsible people who would do something illegal are doing so, and driving while under the influence of drugs is already on their "to do list" if they are not already on the road.

I don't think that legalization will increase cannabis DUI because the people entering the market are going to be lower risk types, or what is commonly called responsible people. They are not going to drive while impaired, they have too much to lose and we already know they respect the rule of law.

Here's a question: If heroin were legalized, would you use it? Probably not is what I'm thinking. I know I sure wouldn't. Legalization of something, by itself, is neither a result of findings that something is harmless nor an endorsement to try it. Responsible people already know this and would factor that into any decision they made. Also, don't discount the fact that employers will still be drug testing, which will limit cannabis use then as it does now.

So I don't think legalization, at generally 200 or more dollars per ounce, is going to cause a lot more people to use cannabis, and if they do use it, since they follow the law in other aspects of their life (or they likely would already be using it) then they will be using it more responsibly than the high risk takers who are already exercising some poor judgment by using it now and driving impaired.

Old 08-05-2015, 02:52 PM

15,083 posts, read 20,429,964 times
Quote:
there are way much more important issues on the agenda then legalizing pot for God's sake? Are you crazy or just high?
On the flipside, there are way much more important issues on the agenda than keeping pot illegal.

[someone is getting high on the War on Drugs]

Old 08-05-2015, 02:53 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,670,727 times
When I stayed in CO I had the opportunity to try topical cannabis. I have peripheral neuropathy in my feet caused by taking a statin drug. A friend suggested that I try a cannabis rub. I took my shoes and socks off and used the rub on one foot. By the time I got my sock back on my pain was gone. I did my other foot with the same results. I continue to use this cannabis rub for my PN and found that my pain was relieved for 3-4 hours. This was the only thing that ever helped relieve my pain from PN and allowed me peaceful sleep.
Note my PN came about after taking a prescribed statin. The same drug cartel that got me on the statin then recommended I take another drug to relieve my pain caused by that statin. Lyrica, you've heard of it, it is advertised all over the TV and even includes the side effects. One really nasty side effect of Lyrica is suicide along with a host of others. To top that Lyrica is downright expensive and making the pharmaceutical industry billions.
I believe most people if faced with the same or similar malady would opt for the cannabis rub if it were legal. Isn't it obvious why cannabis is still illegal? How would pharmaceutical companies compete with a medicine that could be grown in anybody's backyard or is cheap enough that most could afford it? The drug companies resist cannabis legalization by donating to a political prostitute like Christie and others. It is time to get these "for sale" politicians out of office and return America to a government for the people by the people.

Old 08-05-2015, 02:59 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,953,343 times
Quote:
When I stayed in CO I had the opportunity to try topical cannabis. I have peripheral neuropathy in my feet caused by taking a statin drug. A friend suggested that I try a cannabis rub. I took my shoes and socks off and used the rub on one foot. By the time I got my sock back on my pain was gone. I did my other foot with the same results. I continue to use this cannabis rub for my PN and found that my pain was relieved for 3-4 hours. This was the only thing that ever helped relieve my pain from PN and allowed me peaceful sleep.
Note my PN came about after taking a prescribed statin. The same drug cartel that got me on the statin then recommended I take another drug to relieve my pain caused by that statin. Lyrica, you've heard of it, it is advertised all over the TV and even includes the side effects. One really nasty side effect of Lyrica is suicide along with a host of others. To top that Lyrica is downright expensive and making the pharmaceutical industry billions.
I believe most people if faced with the same or similar malady would opt for the cannabis rub if it were legal. Isn't it obvious why cannabis is still illegal? How would pharmaceutical companies compete with a medicine that could be grown in anybody's backyard or is cheap enough that most could afford it? The drug companies resist cannabis legalization by donating to a political prostitute like Christie and others. It is time to get these "for sale" politicians out of office and return America to a government for the people by the people.

I say too effin' bad! Prohibition is a failure, and nothing but a racket to appease special interests! The pharmaceutical industry is one of the biggest rackets of them all! I say, they can either learn to compete, or find a new hobby! That goes for those in LE who want to continue with prohibition!

Old 08-05-2015, 03:14 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,056,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
Good post and it should be noted that New Jersey has both a lot of pharmaceutical companies and for-profit-prison companies. Chris Christie is just doing what his corporate master have told him to do.
I think you hit the target here.

Old 08-05-2015, 10:22 PM

31,288 posts, read 20,678,691 times
Quote:
I don't have a problem with using weed for medical purposes...but if you legalize it, you'd just have way more stoned people driving...and that is what I'm against. We have enough problems with alcoholics killing people on the road, we don't need to add to it.
So with the war on drugs over 94 million people admit to using marijuana. And you think that is success?

Old 08-05-2015, 10:23 PM

Quote:
yes, the med possibilities are huge, I for one have MS, and you'd better believe I'd smoke it now and then for the pain....however, I wouldn't drive high, just like I wouldn't drink and drive, but many people would....
And how is the war on drugs stopping people from driving while high?

Old 08-05-2015, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaconowner View Post
I'm going to postulate that right now all the risk takers and irresponsible people who would do something illegal are doing so, and driving while under the influence of drugs is already on their "to do list" if they are not already on the road.

Bad speculation. I know dozens of marijuana consumers and none of them drive while high. BTW, marijuana consumption is not irresponsible.

Old 08-05-2015, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Isn't it obvious why cannabis is still illegal? .
Yes, it is. Obama keeps it illegal. He could remove it from Schedule I but he doesn't have the balls to do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies