Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2015, 03:35 PM

1,262 posts, read 1,301,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Bad speculation. I know dozens of marijuana consumers and none of them drive while high. BTW, marijuana consumption is not irresponsible.
I didn't say cannabis consumption is irresponsible per se. However, I do think that driving while impaired is irresponsible. I also think that centering your life around cannabis use is irresponsible, as is using it outdoors or in an automobile, as these things increase your risk.

Obviously, if your friends are using cannabis and not driving while impaired, they are not the high risk group I was talking about.

If they are consuming cannabis indoors, and are white, then I would say they are in a low risk group if they are using it in a state where it is still illegal. But again, I was not talking about low risk takers. This is also not a racist statement because all stats show that minorities face a higher risk than whites in the US Drug War.

I do think that users who start using after legalization will be more risk adverse than either high risk takers or your friends in the low risk group who are using it now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2015, 08:10 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaconowner View Post
I didn't say cannabis consumption is irresponsible per se. However, I do think that driving while impaired is irresponsible.
I agree. Just like anything else that impairs driving.

Quote:
I also think that centering your life around cannabis use is irresponsible, as is using it outdoors or in an automobile, as these things increase your risk.
I agree. Substance abuse is high risk regardless of the substance.

Quote:
I do think that users who start using after legalization will be more risk adverse than either high risk takers or your friends in the low risk group who are using it now.
Maybe. But I don't know anyone who would use marijuana if it were legal that doesn't already consume it.

Old 08-07-2015, 11:57 AM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
I absolutely hate CC with every ounce of my being. i wish he would just go away for ever. he would make a terrible president

Old 08-07-2015, 05:45 PM

1,603 posts, read 1,113,526 times
Huckabee, Christie, Santorum, and Jindal are all anti-liberty candidates.

Old 08-07-2015, 05:54 PM

8,066 posts, read 12,779,194 times
He is the last drug warrior sitting; not standing. The guy can't be trusted with a stomach and he wants to tell others how they should live?

Old 08-07-2015, 06:44 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,894,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I don't know how somebody can support Huckabee and say with a straight face they support freedom. Huckabee is about nothing but controlling people and forcing them to abide by his religious rules.
He DOES remind me of those creepy old televangelists from decades past. Modern TVangelists have toned down the weird Swaggert/Roberts/Tilton/Graham theme for a kinder gentler "GOD Lite". That doesn't cut it either.
Ain't no religion man gonna hold me down.

Old 08-07-2015, 07:29 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
Huckabee, Christie, Santorum, and Jindal are all anti-liberty candidates.
This is true. Also Clinton and Sanders.

Old 08-07-2015, 08:04 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,894,412 times
Quote:
This is true. Also Clinton and Sanders.

Huckabee and Christie are the type you leave at the club when you go home.
Santorum and Jindell are the type you never ask to go.
Clinton and Sanders are the type you avoid totally.

You wish they all get the message.
Unfortunately, it takes a smack across the face with a cold dead mackerel to make the point.

Old 08-07-2015, 08:48 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I don't have a problem with using weed for medical purposes...but if you legalize it, you'd just have way more stoned people driving...and that is what I'm against. We have enough problems with alcoholics killing people on the road, we don't need to add to it.
But trying to ban marijuana sure doesn't help. This study had no trouble finding 408 males to conduct a study on their use of marijuana beginning in the teens. Teen marijuana use not linked to later depression, lung cancer, other health problems, study finds

Old 08-12-2015, 09:54 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,721,664 times
He probably gets tons of money for saying he wants to set new records for imprisoning or killing harmless, including babies & their devoted parents. At least one of these speeches was at a treatment center. He said if he gets elected, not a single person in this country will get medical marijuana.

Libertarian Party nominee for President Gary Johnson got barely over 1 million votes. He 1st said legalize it as popular 2 term governor if NM. Almost everybody who wanted it legal voted for a prohibitionist or stayed home. Maybe that is why prohibitionists think they have a chance. Best wishes.

Quote:
What an idiot. He is totally ignoring the will of the people. That's a sure recipe for losing elections.
------------------------
Earlier this week, Reason's Jacob Sullum wrote about New Jersey Governor and GOP presidential candidate Chris Christie's pledge to enforce the federal ban on recreational marijuana, ignoring the will of the states that've legalized cannabis sales.

This isn't the first time Christie has disregarded state law in his crusade against legal pot. As governor, he has made it all but impossible for sick Garden State residents to obtain marijuana, even though it was legalized for medical use before he took office.

'Don't Let My Daughter Die, Governor!' Drug Warrior Chris Christie Promises to Escalate the War on Weed - Hit & Run : Reason.com

Of course, Obama could end this controversy by removing marijuana from Schedule I but he doesn't have the balls to do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies