Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 11:33 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smart-dumb-kid View Post
Because I haven't show much ignorance, if any. The right however turned this topic, and this board, into their own personal circle jerk. It is really a shame when I can't even discuss a topic because everybody have a stick shoved so far up their ass that they think any topic that doesn't agree with them is wrong. If I have to ignore every pretentious right wing nut to make sure that only logical people remains, I'm prepared to do it.
Have fun in the corner high fiving yourself to exhaustion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2015, 11:34 AM

148 posts, read 131,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
After posting this; it is time you look in the mirror.
Nah, i'm putting alot of people on ignore. Just respond to the op, or don't respond at all.

Old 08-03-2015, 11:37 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,555,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
i.e.- be more factual. Replacing liberal myths with actual history is always disturbing to the left. The liberal myth "small pox blankets" are just too priceless; however, they have been accepted as fact by libs.

1. there were no liberal small pox blankets

2. cultures have been overthrown throughout history by other, more advanced, cultures

3. Indians were paid for land- they were just sold out by corrupt cheifs

4. The Indians slaughtered 1/4 of the colonial population in the King Phillip Wars- that is okay with libs

5. Indians were a barbaric, stone age culture, prone to perpetual warfare among themselves

6. Indians mutilated and tortured prisoners

7. Indians had slaves
Most are done under the flag of the United States. In many cases, the military were directly involved in the genocide, yet the Old Glory still flies but the Confederate Flag must come down.

Old 08-03-2015, 11:40 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,734,435 times
Quote:
Nah, i'm putting alot of people on ignore. Just respond to the op, or don't respond at all.
So you are trolling. Great that you admit it.

And to address the premise of this thread ; if you do not think the far left want their slant in American history books as much as conservatives then you probably never read an American History Text book.

Old 08-03-2015, 11:42 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Well, I agree with Norman Lear:

Norman Lear gives 6 strong opinions about American life at TCA | EW.com

“Everybody knows me to be a progressive or a liberal or lefty or whatever. I think of myself as a bleeding-heart conservative. You will not f— with my Bill of Rights, my Constitution, my guarantees of political justice for all. But does my heart bleed for those who need help and aren’t getting the justice that the country promises them and the equal opportunity the country promises? Yes. I’m a bleeding heart, but I think myself to be a total social conservative.

The people who are running just don’t seem to have America on their minds, not the America I think about. When I was a kid we were in love with America. As early as I can remember, there was a civics class in my public school. And I was in love with those things that guaranteed freedom before I learned that there were people who hated me because I was Jewish. I had a Bill of Rights and a Constitution, those words out of the Declaration that protected me. And I knew about that because we had civics in class. We don’t have that much in the country anymore. So before World War II or shortly after, we were in love with America because we understood what it was about and that’s what we were in love with. I believe everybody’s patriotic today. Everybody loves America. But I don’t need their flag plans to prove it. I’d like to go back to civics lessons.”

Except, I don't believe everyone loves America because the history of this country is taught in our pathetic progressive schools as an unbroken line of oppression of women, Native Americans, and minorities and ignores the accomplishments of men.
beautiful post!!!

you can agree to disagree, but what I like is, regardless, you defend your beliefs....

so many people not only fear doing that, but also fear facing truths...

Old 08-03-2015, 11:52 AM

Quote:
So you are trolling. Great that you admit it.

And to address the premise of this thread ; if you do not think the far left want their slant in American history books as much as conservatives then you probably never read an American History Text book.
I read history books, and they hardly endlessly trash America and make it out to be a terrible country. Hell, any Non AP curriculum only glosses over American history as a whole as they have to cover the test material, and they do so positively. And you didn't address the premise of this thread, you pulled a strawman to avoid talking about the article itself. Why nothing about ben carson? Why nothing about Oklahoma? Why nothing about censorship of a class? Why no defense of what the consevatives are doing, and instead finger pointing at liberals? You have to do alot better than this if you want to write off opposing view points as trolling.

Old 08-03-2015, 11:57 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,734,435 times
Quote:
I read history books, and they hardly endlessly trash America and make it out to be a terrible country. Hell, any Non AP curriculum only glosses over American history as a whole as they have to cover the test material, and they do so positively. And you didn't address the premise of this thread, you pulled a strawman to avoid talking about the article itself. Why nothing about ben carson? Why nothing about Oklahoma? Why nothing about censorship of a class? Why no defense of what the consevatives are doing, and instead finger pointing at liberals? You have to do alot better than this if you want to write off opposing view points as trolling.

Why would I defend what Conservatives are doing if I find it absurd?

Obviously you do not know where I am coming from.

Post #4 covers my viewpoint.

Old 08-03-2015, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Why would I defend what Conservatives are doing if I find it absurd?

Obviously you do not know where I am coming from.

Post #4 covers my viewpoint.
How am I'm supposed to know where you're coming from? Nary a conservative poster bothered to even directly address the topic yet. They just insulted my credibility and ignored me, which you have done. All I want to a discussion. Is this a lot to ask for, honestly?

Old 08-03-2015, 12:28 PM

15,625 posts, read 10,380,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
That's not the way it was in my school system.
Did you graduate from high school within the last 5 years?

Old 08-03-2015, 01:03 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,364,856 times
Quote:
Oh boy, this is gonna be alot of fun

I apologize for the generalisations. However please address what I said and tell me what's wrong it. If you assume the moral high horse, you have to justify your position.
Really? So when are you going to start justifying yours? All you've done is linked to an article you completely agree with and ignore anything to the contrary. All you're doing is proving that you know so little you don't even know how little you know.

All you have to do is start calling anyone who disagrees with you 'American Taliban' and you'll have secured you position as a young brainwashed liberal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies