Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2015, 04:14 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times

Advertisements

Do not trust the AGW alarmists. They have been caught repeatedly cooking the books on this.

Remember Climate-gate, Hockey-stick gate, Climate-gate II and the more recent South American data manipulation fiasco, just to name a few.

Old 08-04-2015, 04:32 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I do not deny climate change. It is very obvious that the climate is changing, and has been changing for most of my life (I am over 70 years of age).
In fact, winters in the 1950s were very snowy, and then over the years the snow lessened, and now winters are getting to be very snowy again. An easily observable phenomenon.
What I find intriguing is that, in spite of all the doom and gloom predictions of the dire consequences we will have to face as the climate changes, NOTHING is being done to adapt to the "inevitable changes".
WHY?
It is my personal opinion that nothing is being done because the powers that be know that nothing needs to be done, the dire predictions and nothing but smoke and mirrors. A blatant attempt to change once again our way of life for their own nefarious purposes, probably to make money.
Yes, the climate is changing.
Yes, we probably can do nothing to stop it.
No, the government is not interested in "clean coal" technology
Yes, the government wants to eliminate the coal industry.
No, the government and industry are not interested in finding alternatives to gasoline, diesel fuel, and lubricating oil.
It seems that nobody is interested in converting coal fired power plants to natural gas fired plants.
The only plans to adapt to rising sea levels seem to be too little, too late.
Again, WHY??
How on earth can you say nothing is being done? Perhaps you are doing nothing but there is a lot going on that you don't seem to be aware of....I know that my family and I are doing our share....The auto industry is doing their share....Compare the fuel efficiency of cars and trucks of the 70s to those of today..(1970 average 13 mpg...Today it's 33 mpg)..In my city all of the taxi companies use Toyota's Prius, and many of us here drive electric vehicles...There are free public charging stations all over town...Solar panels and solar hot water heaters are common...This works for us because 90% of our electricity is sourced from hydro....

You really don't have a clue what is going on in the country you live in do you?
In the past four years, at least 29 coal units in 10 states have switched to natural gas or biomass, according to SNL Financial, a market data firm. Another 54 units, mostly in the U.S. Northeast and Midwest, are slated to be converted over the next nine years. http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...h-natural-gas/

Old 08-04-2015, 04:37 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,116,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Do not trust the AGW alarmists. They have been caught repeatedly cooking the books on this.

Remember Climate-gate, Hockey-stick gate, Climate-gate II and the more recent South American data manipulation fiasco, just to name a few.
And.... every one of these "gates" have been proven to be nothing more than unfounded accusations.

The nazis figured this one out. If you repeat a lie long enough, people will start to believe it. Well, it looks like it's working for the anti-science crowd.

Old 08-04-2015, 04:41 PM

Quote:

No, you just can't trust science can you? Blogs and tabloids are a much better source of information for you people.....

Old 08-04-2015, 05:48 PM

5,996 posts, read 3,734,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
And.... every one of these "gates" have been proven to be nothing more than unfounded accusations.

The nazis figured this one out. If you repeat a lie long enough, people will start to believe it. Well, it looks like it's working for the anti-science crowd.
Repeating the lie is all the deniers have. They have been so utterly debunked that its starting to go from kind of funny to sad. It really is painful to watch your fellow citizens sink so far down into the mire like that isn't it? I guess they didn't get the memo that no one is listening to them anymore.

Last edited by ahzzie; 08-04-2015 at 05:56 PM..

Old 08-04-2015, 09:03 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,977,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
How on earth can you say nothing is being done? Perhaps you are doing nothing but there is a lot going on that you don't seem to be aware of....I know that my family and I are doing our share....The auto industry is doing their share....Compare the fuel efficiency of cars and trucks of the 70s to those of today..(1970 average 13 mpg...Today it's 33 mpg)..In my city all of the taxi companies use Toyota's Prius, and many of us here drive electric vehicles...There are free public charging stations all over town...Solar panels and solar hot water heaters are common...This works for us because 90% of our electricity is sourced from hydro....

You really don't have a clue what is going on in the country you live in do you?
In the past four years, at least 29 coal units in 10 states have switched to natural gas or biomass, according to SNL Financial, a market data firm. Another 54 units, mostly in the U.S. Northeast and Midwest, are slated to be converted over the next nine years. A Slew of Coal Plants Get New Lease on Life?With Gas
You just don't get it, do you?
What is being done to alleviate the sea level changes that are supposed to happen?
Nothing that I have seen.
What is being done to alleviate the water shortages in some areas and water excess in other areas?
What is being done to shift agriculture from areas that are becoming arid to areas where the frozen tundra is thawing(at least "they" say it is thawing)?
THOSE are the things that I am talking about when I say nothing is being done to adapt to climate change!
Our local coal fired power plant shut down due to new EPA regulations. It is now being disassembled.
thank you, mr. president and your EPA! A lot of jobs lost, a lot of coal not being sold.

Old 08-04-2015, 09:14 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
If someone denies science, they are a science denier. Simple as that.
Why is putting labels on people so important and so inevitable to liberals and Democrats ?

Old 08-04-2015, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Why is putting labels on people so important and so inevitable to liberals and Democrats ?
What label? It's not a label, it's just a fact....

Old 08-04-2015, 11:04 PM

Quote:

Actually I don't trust evangelist bible thumpers like you who think they know more than scientists...Does god whisper in your ear and give you the straight dope? You know nothing of science, and what you do know you deny.....You have no credibility on this subject, and we all know it.

Old 08-05-2015, 04:53 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Wrong again.

I was viewing this site >> Understanding adjustments to temperature data | Climate Etc.
It's a shame you weren't paying attention to Zeke Hausfathers series of guest articles. They are an excellent and detailed explanation of how the standard practice of making adjustments (homogenization) of the raw data works to correct non-climactic biases like poor siting and urban heat island effect etc and makes short work of the ignorant conspiracy claims that "scientists are fudging the data!!!!"

Quote:
Which led me to this site >> Climate Reference Network.org
Wrong link. But I know the website anyway.

Quote:

Which then led me to this site >> Surface Stations.org
SurfaceStations.org is owned by retired radio weather announcer (he's not actually a meteorologist, and he doesn't even have a college degree) Anthony Watts. It was his pet project involving volunteers sending him photographs of weather stations around the US. Watts is the owner of the WUWT science misinforming conspiracy blog and runs a constant stream of fact-free blog posts that get the science often bizarrely wrong. His makes endless fact-free accusations that all the scientists are fudging data etc. His adoring nutty ignorant conspiracy fans seem to love it.

His flawed conclusions about US weather stations showing a warming bias were shown to be wrong by the Berkeley Earth Surface Temperature (BEST) project led by sceptic Prof Richard Muller (now no longer a sceptic). Watts had said that he would accept the findings of the BEST project even if they showed he was wrong. Guess what? The findings showed he was wrong, but he didn't accept the findings and just attacked Muller and the project on his blog with his fact free insults. And he still keeps making the same false claims. Over and over and over again. Sad really.

Still not getting where you got the false idea that global mean surface temperatures have been 'flat this century' (other than perhaps conspiracy blogs like WUWT)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies