Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 10:53 AM

78,405 posts, read 60,579,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Plan B for the GOP is do nothing and hope the nations infrastructure does not decay further. Allow the TPP to be passed so more jobs can be sent out of country.
Oh please, if you've voted democrat you've voted for NAFTA signers in the last 5-6 presidential elections so spare me the crying about sending jobs out of the country. In fact, you're going to be voting for another NAFTA supporter in a year or so if Hillary wins the nomination.

It's as galling to hear this whining if it were a republican voter complaining that it was the democrats that sent jobs out of the country.

It's all right there in the voting record and you still are this badly uninformed? Oh well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2015, 11:08 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,526,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Oh please, if you've voted democrat you've voted for NAFTA signers in the last 5-6 presidential elections so spare me the crying about sending jobs out of the country. In fact, you're going to be voting for another NAFTA supporter in a year or so if Hillary wins the nomination.

It's as galling to hear this whining if it were a republican voter complaining that it was the democrats that sent jobs out of the country.

It's all right there in the voting record and you still are this badly uninformed? Oh well.
So, this is the way it REALLY went, doesn't sound democrat to me:

"Following diplomatic negotiations dating back to 1990 among the three nations, U.S. President George H. W. Bush, Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney and Mexican President Carlos Salinas, each responsible for spearheading and promoting the agreement, ceremonially signed the agreement in their respective capitals on December 17, 1992"

Old 08-04-2015, 07:55 PM

16,215 posts, read 11,333,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Because unlike when he convinced you to vote for him with such promises....you know in your heart he really means it this time.
And the check is in the mail, and my wife doesn't understand me, and .........

Old 08-04-2015, 08:39 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,990,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
If he was a dictator, you wouldn't be posting on the internet.
If he were a dictator you'd never post negative comments twice on the Internet. You'd be arrested and if need be shot for the first time!

Old 08-04-2015, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtired14 View Post
So, this is the way it REALLY went, doesn't sound democrat to me:

"Following diplomatic negotiations dating back to 1990 among the three nations, U.S. President George H. W. Bush, Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney and Mexican President Carlos Salinas, each responsible for spearheading and promoting the agreement, ceremonially signed the agreement in their respective capitals on December 17, 1992"
It wasn't a law yet....you know what a law is right?

Quote:
Clinton signed it into law on December 8, 1993; the agreement went into effect on January 1, 1994.[7][8] Clinton, while signing the NAFTA bill, stated that "NAFTA means jobs. American jobs, and good-paying American jobs. If I didn't believe that, I wouldn't support this agreement.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_...rade_Agreement

If you check the voting record it had broad bi-partisan support including Biden and Kerry along with tons of reps and dems.

Wow. Um....just wow.....but gotta rep ya for originality of confusion.

Old 08-04-2015, 09:48 PM

NAFTA means Jobs! Good Jobs! American Jobs!

Just like the Trans-Pacific agreement, right?

Old 08-04-2015, 11:54 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,950,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Thanks for the hyperbole, the president is not a dictator....if he was, then you wouldn't have to worry about voting in 2016.
You won't have to. Obie will call for martial law pretty soon and disolve parliment and congress. Then he will declare himself President for Life. Anyone who dares to thwart him will be executed by his ISIS allies, then rest of us will go to work camps.

And yes, we will all be shot for posting. Your ip is logged and you are already on "the list."

Wolverines!

Old 08-05-2015, 01:24 AM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Republicans are pro-pollution, so they hate this.

You mean like Richard "EPA" Nixon?

Old 08-05-2015, 02:08 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post

These are your heroes, not mine.

Old 08-05-2015, 03:33 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,367,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
If he were a dictator you'd never post negative comments twice on the Internet. You'd be arrested and if need be shot for the first time!
So, you've read their game plan, eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies