Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 06:34 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Happy Birthday, Mr. President. I wish you many, many more, and thank you for the sacrifices you have always made to try to make the world a better place. (How much have any of his detractors done to help the world ?)
Sacrifices ? The man has made no sacrifices that are significant.

No more than you and I who get up and go to our jobs every day.

Old 08-05-2015, 08:12 AM

2,852 posts, read 1,611,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Please......no.

I'm as critical of Obama as anyone, but I have to tell you, he was born in Hawaii. Accept it and move on.
I've been a birther since before the term was invented.....
If he's from Hawaii - or Kansas City Kansas - WHERE'S THE FRICKIN' BIRTH CERTIFICIATE! ???

I need one to get a drivers license - and a passport - with my social security card...

So, where's HIS????

In his homeland of Kenya...?

Old 08-05-2015, 08:19 AM

5,213 posts, read 3,009,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumf View Post
I've been a birther since before the term was invented.....
If he's from Hawaii - or Kansas City Kansas - WHERE'S THE FRICKIN' BIRTH CERTIFICIATE! ???

I need one to get a drivers license - and a passport - with my social security card...

So, where's HIS????

In his homeland of Kenya...?

I don't have an opinion either way on where he was born. The thing I think is funny thou is that to join the military you have to show a birth certificate. To become the president, you don't.

Old 08-05-2015, 08:37 AM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Actually only about 45% of Americans profess their undying love for Mr. Obama, according to the latest approval polls (pretty much the way it has been during the last 6 years).

Obama Approval Index History - Rasmussen Reports™
Ant of those who do not, 20% think he is not "liberal enough" and "too friendly with wall street".

Many of my friends IRL fall into this category - and so do I at times. I am wishing the president of te United State a Happy Birthday - not asking for his hand in marriage.

Old 08-05-2015, 08:38 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Actually only about 45% of Americans profess their undying love for Mr. Obama, according to the latest approval polls (pretty much the way it has been during the last 6 years).

Obama Approval Index History - Rasmussen Reports™
Approval ratings for presidents always decline the longer they've been in office, no matter who they are or which party they belong to, because they've had more time to break promises and lie to the American public. I can't believe Americans fall for it every election. "So-and-So candidate says he will do X, Y, and Z, so I'll vote for him." Every politician does what helps him/herself, not us.

Old 08-05-2015, 08:45 AM

35,680 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Happy Birthday Mr. Prez. many cannot stomach you nor anyone for that matter- that doesn't fall into their little agenda- I am glad I live in country where we do elect a president with out fear and I still respect the office regardless of who sits there. I do wonder how many could actually handle walking in your shoes in this forum.

Old 08-05-2015, 08:45 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Delusion is often responded to with snide remarks.
How is having a birthday a delusion?

Old 08-05-2015, 09:11 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,668,651 times
I know I've said it on here before, but my father was a 45 year Army verteran (Vietnam, Gulf 1991) and retired as an E9 (Sergeant Major). Since retiring he joined a local veterans group that is dedicated to the last unit he served in. This unit traces its lineage back to the Revolutionary War. They have active members from every war since WW2 in the group. I have been helping assemble the personal stories of these men for the unit archive and digitizing various records and items for their museum.

Each year they hold a formal "dining out" where all the members gather in their dress uniforms and honor the memories of those who have passed and celebrate those who are still there. They make it a point to invite two groups of people, those who are currently serving in the unit and men from a local veterans home.

At the beginning they toast various people and one of the first is the President. A room full of hundreds of dressed and pressed veterans and members of the military, including a man who jumped into Normandy with the 82nd Airborne, all raise their glasses and cheer "To the President of the United States of America, Barack Obama!"

My dad was never a very political guy, but I know that what politics he has don't agree with Obama. When I joked with him about it, he gave me his stern sergeant look and said, "I don't have to agree with the man to give him the respect that he deserves as the President and Commander in Chief."

Old 08-05-2015, 09:27 AM

25,555 posts, read 17,256,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Sacrifices ? The man has made no sacrifices that are significant.

No more than you and I who get up and go to our jobs every day.
Didn't you hear?
The Clintons left office broke! They could barely make ends meet.
I'm betting The Obamas do as well.

Old 08-05-2015, 09:45 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,635,093 times
Well, in general, he's done more good for the US than either Bush has done. People like to complain, but what is worse now, in 2015 than it was in 2009 when he took office? Market is up, jobs are increasing etc.

And internationally, he's actually respected, unlike the clown who came before him.

That being said, I hope Bernie wins!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies