Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 10:36 AM

58,944 posts, read 27,261,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
It's actually impossible for nearly all immigrants from Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Jamaica, Mexico, and Peru. Literally impossible. There is no path or paperwork to immigrate legally.
(It is close to impossible for Bangladesh, Brazil, Ecuador, Haiti, Nigeria, and Vietnam. These countries are also green card ineligible, yet do allow refugee/asylum status, but with less than 100 eligible refugees/asylees per year.)
Right now, you are probably thinking, "But I know immigrants from Country X!" They did not come here with a green card or refugee/asylum status. They either are here on non-immigrant visas, a family visas, or illegally; in the vast majority of cases on family visas.
There are a handful of other rare visas types (most notable the E2 and E5 visas), but very few people will have the education or financial resources necessary to get those. Many of these countries are not even E-1/E-2 eligible! Access to those resources have actually swelled the E visas immigrants from China and India in recent years. Interestingly, Mexico is starting to gain momentum in the E visas, having climbed almost to the levels of Canada but nowhere near China or India who have far greater access to non-immigrant H1B visas that can be status adjusted.
"]It's actually impossible for nearly all immigrants from Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Jamaica, Mexico, and Peru. Literally impossible. There is no path or paperwork to immigrate legally."

That's funny considering my landscaper had several workers form one of these countries and I asked if they their green cards. He said yes, so I asked to see them and lo and behold, they EACH had one.

People shouldn't make such definative statements, especially when it is so easy to debunk them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2015, 10:42 AM

8,610 posts, read 7,886,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post

I thought they picked our fruit.

My bad.

Same thing.

She was actually accurate and truthful. How many people have illegals come in and work as maids once a week for $50 a pop under the table? I know several and they don't give it a thought. They also voice their opinions about illegals. When I call them out about the fact, they tell me they have respect for Juanita or Maria because they are hard workers. It is they who scrub their toilets.

Old 08-05-2015, 10:43 AM

1,632 posts, read 1,848,688 times
She was sincerely sorry for what she said because she didn't get the applause she thought she would get , those topics and comments on the view are well rehearsed before hand , she probably kept that comment to herself thinking of the big applause she'd get. Lol. Anyhow is she even an American citizen ?

Old 08-05-2015, 11:08 AM

8,610 posts, read 7,886,950 times
She is a citizen of Insania.

Old 08-05-2015, 11:11 AM

62,859 posts, read 29,092,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"]It's actually impossible for nearly all immigrants from Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Jamaica, Mexico, and Peru. Literally impossible. There is no path or paperwork to immigrate legally."

That's funny considering my landscaper had several workers form one of these countries and I asked if they their green cards. He said yes, so I asked to see them and lo and behold, they EACH had one.

People shouldn't make such definative statements, especially when it is so easy to debunk them.
Yes, the statement you quoted is ridiculous. Mexicans and other Latinos hold the highest quotas for legal immigration into our country and that doesn't even count their numerous family reunifications on our soil. The problem is that we cannot allow in "all" their poor that want to come here and rightly so!

Old 08-05-2015, 11:15 AM

62,859 posts, read 29,092,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Same thing.

She was actually accurate and truthful. How many people have illegals come in and work as maids once a week for $50 a pop under the table? I know several and they don't give it a thought. They also voice their opinions about illegals. When I call them out about the fact, they tell me they have respect for Juanita or Maria because they are hard workers. It is they who scrub their toilets.
So they respect lawbreakers who are undermining an American worker? American workers don't work hard? Oh, I forgot it's all about who will work cheaper and cost these greedy people less so they try to justify it by saying illegals work hard as if that means anything in the eyes of our laws.

Old 08-05-2015, 11:16 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,713,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
She is a citizen of Insania.
Insania... code word for Liberal

Old 08-05-2015, 11:18 AM

624 posts, read 378,832 times
I find that people often show their own stereotypes and racist ideas when they are trying to accuse someone else for being racist.

Old 08-05-2015, 11:25 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,433,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Yes, the statement you quoted is ridiculous. Mexicans and other Latinos hold the highest quotas for legal immigration into our country and that doesn't even count their numerous family reunifications on our soil. The problem is that we cannot allow in "all" their poor that want to come here and rightly so!
Your right about one thing, how many live in one home at one time. We live in a beautiful area of S.C. gorgeous views of the ocean, beautiful home, and by the way, I have 6 bathrooms one power room, that I clean myself, and do a very good job Thank You all very much.

We have many rentals that we frequent on a regular basic, and to make sure things are going fine for our tenants. One home that is next door to our rental, they are a Mexican Family, do not know if they are legal or not. But I know this for sure, there are at least 14 people living in that home. At one time, the home is only 2800 sq ft. Decent size but for 14 people.

The other thing is why do Mexicans feel that everyone in the neighborhood want to hear them blasting their music, concert style. It is upsetting our renters. Think we will have to sell that home. And it is a very nice area, up kept homes nice hard working people. These people play their music until sometimes morning until early morning hours. Making it hard for people to sleep.

With 14 people living in the home at one time, I am sure they also clean their own toilets.

Kelly says some stupid and strange things a lot of the time. And most people do know the majority of illegals are of Hispanic nature, unless you live under a rock, you know this.

There are many productive Latino's who are citizens and whom also took the time to become legal immigrants of a great Country.

Old 08-05-2015, 12:37 PM

4,502 posts, read 4,604,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
She was hit directly with an ugly stick for sures. Fell out of an ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. I'm glad she has her intelligence to fall back on.....oh wait.
I would love to see what you look like and your iq quotient. I bet money this is a case of pot calling the kettle black.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies